Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ghostfires
Just some extra Twin Peaks listening fun for you guys...

Some of you might not be into this stuff at all, or maybe have never heard of CFCF - but every now and then he releases a free mix, typically called Night Bus. Night Bus 3 just came out and features some TP music mixed in. I absolutely LOVE these mixes, so I was already excited...this was just some extra cool to hear TP featured in the middle of the mix. Anyways...if you want to listen...

https://soundcloud.com/cfcf/night-bus-3

(If you're not into the style of music, just skip to 12:25 and listen in for the TP music to start flowing through your brain)
By horseloverphat
Just out of interest (and not strictly OST based, god forbid!)...but are any of you guys here (UK based) attending the 'twinpeaksukfestival' on Saturday 15th Nov?
By Whip Wilson
Not I since I live in the USA, but a (the?) big Twin Peaks festival happens just up the way from where I currently reside and I've never plucked up the courage to go despite being a massive fan. Truthfully, I've never been to a "con" or a "fest" of any kind. On the other hand, I'll go to shows, screenings, and galleries all the live long day. I tend to be a "love the art and not the artist" sort of fellow, but I'd be fibbing if I didn't admit that said credo is partly born of a massive fear of disappointment.
By horseloverphat
Ah Mateo...yes, the US event is one that I'd like to attend, at least eventually. Is that North Bend? (your residence). The 2015 US event is already sold out and in record time.

I actually went to the very first UK TP festival back in 2010 (Riverside Studios, London)and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Julee Cruise was at that event, so something for the music fans too. Very much looking forward to this one.

Fear & Love...open the doors.

"I’d be fibbing if I didn’t admit that said credo is partly born of a massive fear of disappointment."

:-)
By Whip Wilson
Haha! Sage advice, PKD. You're positively inspirational, sir! And hitting all the right notes as usual. Perhaps I'll give one a go soon. And while North Bend isn't my hamlet, it isn't far off either. I think there are a few of us in here that call the upper left-hand corner home.
By Hatter313
Always liked that corner, although i hail from the opposite shore myself...you've got to tell me what kind of trees those are!
By Whip Wilson
I grew up on the other seaboard myself, Hatter, but I migrated left a few years back.
By uxipi
is it finally out next month?
By Occhionero
According to early reports, a new 7″ record from Twin Peaks will be released as part of Record Store Day 2015. The 7″ is set to include 2 unreleased tracks, but little else is known at this time.

Source: modern vinyl
By zachbehm91
That is the band Twin Peaks.

Source
- I am a writer for MV
By Occhionero
Oh, how embarrasing!
By Thequass
For what it's worth, their new album is quite good. If you're into garage rock.
By nick_rising
I second that. I have it on cassette and it kills.
By uxipi
haha! when I read "record store day" I started to sweat.
By kumachan
Is this ever going to happen? Perhaps we could have a Kickstarter or something to get it off the ground? Or is it being delayed so its release corresponds with the release of the next series...?
By deathwaltz
It's happening

I wish everyone would chill out about it

anybody would think I had signed this with a view to NEVER issuing it ;)

It's happening (slowly) and I am glad it is , just got some killer sleeve notes for it !
By kumachan
There are some things you cannot chill out about Spencer ;) I'm just curious why it is taking so long... I sold my copy a couple of years back thinking I could replace it very soon with a nicer pressing...
By crazybeats
Has there ever been an expanded version of this soundtrack released? I'm not saying every single bit of incidental music should be released but In season 2 there are a number of scenes, i wont spoil them for those who haven't watched but one inparticular in the cafe and one in Ben Horne's office when he is watching home movies there are versions of the Twin Peaks theme which are played solo on a keyboard, one I think is the same as the keys in the Twin Peaks theme except all the percussion, bass and strings have been muted. There really is some beautiful little renditions like that which are not on the main soundtrack.
By noddy
@crazybeats...Yes, David Lynch made "The Twin Peaks Archive" available for sale on his site a few years back. There were over 200 cues, alt takes, demos, etc available for purchase and download. Im not sure if they're still available anywhere though.
By crazybeats
Thanks for that. I've just found them online and they are also available to buy for $77.
By uxipi
Not only David Lynch is back but Angelo Badalamenti is also scoring the new series .
:")
By Hedron
@uxipi That makes want this pressing so much more. Hopefully they acquire the original masters and have a black vinyl to compliment the colored ones.
By kumachan
I was looking on one of the old record store day releases and it said "coming in 2014... Twin Peaks... The Beyond... " Did I miss them? :D
By deafmetal
@kumachan - You did not miss them, and according to @Spencer they are still yet to come, possibly this year.