Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By zachbehm91
Sup guys. I am a contributor for modern vinyl. This morning the site reported on the color variants for this release. Obviously they are perfect.

"Both scores, composed by Angelo Badalamenti, will be pressed to colored vinyl, with the show coming on cherry colored vinyl (“They got a cherry pie there that’ll kill you”) and the film soundtrack coming on coffee colored vinyl (“This is, excuse me, a damn fine cup of coffee”)."

So stoked for this.
I have not even seen the show in full yet haha, but i have played the sound track about 100 times.
By toosoonjunior
Same here! I listened to (and fell in love with) the soundtrack countless times before I finally sat down and watched the first season.
By uxipi
I love the score and also the TV show, although after Lynch left Twin Peaks lost its way.
Today I don't see the show with a different score, so classy! I know I shouldn't, but I guess I'll end up buying the 2 scores and not only the cherry pie one.
By Whip Wilson
I wonder if these will exist outside of the subscriptions and if there will be multiple variants? It would be kind of cool if they were all the same. It would limit flipping and service fairly the large group of Twin Peaks fans that aren't clued into the whole limited run/random drop/multiple variant vinyl culture.
By DISCOSUCKS...
...and bless them in their ignorance!!

They're fucking crazy enough, anyway :D
By deafmetal
If Twin Peaks is part of the DW subscription, then that would call for a deluxe variant for those subscribers. I could see Spencer having a lot of fun with this release though, and variants seem likely. The standard vinyl would likely support a very sizable pressing given the fan base.
By NathanLurker
It's been announced as outside of the subscription. A long time ago. I had a screenshot of Spencer confirming it on facebook but I don't have it anymore.
By Whip Wilson
Thanks for the information, Nathan. The colors were mentioned a long time a go as well, but it was nice to hear them confirmed. You know how "firm" details can have a tendency to change...
By linus
Will the coffee coloured vinyl be black as midnight on a moonless night?
By linus
Will there be a fish in the percolator variant?
By kumachan
It would still be nice if there is a subscriber edition... Not too late to change your mind DW!
By horseloverphat
How about having the whole package 'wrapped in plastic'...in that particular Twin Peaks way.

Let's ask Pete 'Eraserhead' Martell...

By deathwaltz
One pressing of this vinyl wise so no colour variants.
We will be doing something interesting with the packaging though.
By toosoonjunior
Coffee-filled record?

"Damn fine cup of coffee" variant

:P
By texasvinyl
Just a clean copy, reasonably priced. That's what I need, a clean copy, reasonably priced.
By Peek-a-boo
[quote=36139]One pressing of this vinyl wise so no colour variants.<br>
We will be doing something interesting with the packaging though.[/quote]

perfect. No people whinging about not getting a murky corn on the cob splatter, or some other sh1t....
By deafmetal
[quote=36150]Just a clean copy, reasonably priced. That’s what I need, a clean copy, reasonably priced.[/quote]

Well said. It sounds like a nice and relaxing ordering experience for a change.
By texasvinyl
It's also a modified quote by special agent Dale Cooper from the pilot! (he talks about needing a clean motel, reasonably priced)
By Whip Wilson
Yeah, yeah. But seriously. A clean pressing. Price be damned.
By toosoonjunior
'Cherry Pie' variant

Pressed on 180g pie crust.
By blindguy
Hopefully plenty of them will be pressed as well. I can only imagine this is going to be a huge seller.
By kumachan
Maybe this would be a good place to raise this - has anyone noticed how there are many scenes (particularly Black Lodge scenes) which are direct giallo steals... The most obvious one being from Kill Baby Kill where Cooper ends up chasing himself but last time I saw Suspiria there were a bunch of scenes in there very very similar...
By antimax
^^^ interesting, I'd like to hear about more comparisons you've noticed. I don't really see David Lynch as someone who wants to lift other's ideas but who knows.
By kumachan
This is the most blatant one - go from 1:00 to 1:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP53GrJde54 and compare it around 6:00 to 6:30 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQLEDO08hCc - this is from Mario Bava's Kill Baby Kill

Have a look at Suspiria http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVJbfLcFnxQ try 41 minutes or 89 minutes

It seems more than a coincidence, but I've not found anyone ever mention this at all, Lynch included...

By horseloverphat
Lynch/Bava...The 'shadow self'...is the likely common reference, Cooper's doppelganger is his own 'shadow self' etc. This is basically stuff from out of the Mystery Schools.