Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By static14
@mateo giving it a listen again tonight on the downstairs setup and it sounds very good. A few pops and clicks but i'm hoping those are gone after a cleaning. No background noise to speak of, and the album is flat as a board. Really good mastering job as well.
By Mateo Sanboval
static14 wrote:@mateo giving it a listen again tonight on the downstairs setup and it sounds very good. A few pops and clicks but i'm hoping those are gone after a cleaning. No background noise to speak of, and the album is flat as a board. Really good mastering job as well.
That's good as gold to me, buddy. Thanks for lending your ear and the reassurances.
By deathwaltz
That's disappointing to read as we have had no complaints sent through to support and Honestly we have cracked open a fair amount and tested them , I have what I consider two fairly audiophile set ups and all records tested have sounded great to me . I havent had one negative tweet or email or Facebook comment , universally people are saying this is the best that music has ever sounded , you're bound to get a few issues of warping with such a big run (or I wonder if mailmen have left them on porches in the summer sun ) so like I say disappointing to hear to seem to have problems , as always it only takes an e-mail to Roxy to sort an issue out ..

Mateo Sanboval wrote:Hey, Gang. I've read feedback on other forums from folks who have received these already and they are universally negative aside from some nice remarks about the artwork. Normally I wouldn't pay this much attention and would simply judge for myself, but something about this one is troubling me. Three different sites which cater to three very different groups of vinyl/music fans from the severely jaded audiophile to the wide-eyed vinyl neophyte with a Crosley in their messenger bag. All three sites have similar complaints of noisy pressings and warped discs. Now mine hasn't shipped yet (in my infinite wisdom, I ordered some other LPs as well so it's probably to the bottom of the queue) and I know we tend not to be to critical in here because we are big fans of the labels and the goodly folk running them, but has anyone 'round these parts with a copy in hand found similar issues? Asking for a friend. Okay, it's me.
By thedeepness
I got mine on Friday and listened 4 times this weekend. Mine sounds perfect. Love the white on white text on the cover and spine. Classy package all around
By Hatter313
mine sounded fine. maybe a static pop or two early on, but nothing a quick clean wouldn't fix.
By bpwlogan
I just received my shipping notice today. I really don't pay much mind to reviews on Discogs, Steve Hoffman, or FSM because it's usually just a lot of hot wind. I do frequent them from time to time for a few laughs though;) I will consider reviews from the regulars on this forum because they seem to be more concrete and honest to me. I expect this release to be as good as the other DW/Mondo editions that I've purchased, and I have to say they've all been pretty dam good.
By texasvinyl
I got my Twin Peaks today, and it's just swell. Great to finally see the result, it's quite the classy package.
By deafmetal
texasvinyl wrote:I got my Twin Peaks today, and it's just swell. Great to finally see the result, it's quite the classy package.
Agreed. My copy sounds excellent.
By Pretorius
Already sold out at Transmission, mines out for delivery :)

Going to re-watch the series this week, got the gold boxset. building up for next year!
By deathwaltz
bpwlogan wrote:I just received my shipping notice today. I really don't pay much mind to reviews on Discogs, Steve Hoffman, or FSM because it's usually just a lot of hot wind. I do frequent them from time to time for a few laughs though;) I will consider reviews from the regulars on this forum because they seem to be more concrete and honest to me. I expect this release to be as good as the other DW/Mondo editions that I've purchased, and I have to say they've all been pretty dam good.
I have to say , I did wonder if the Discogs comments were a targeted campaign against us if i am honest , The composer told me this is the best it's ever sounded yet there are a string of comments on Discogs accusing it of sounding like a bootleg..
very depressing
By Bezulsqy
deathwaltz wrote:
bpwlogan wrote:I just received my shipping notice today. I really don't pay much mind to reviews on Discogs, Steve Hoffman, or FSM because it's usually just a lot of hot wind. I do frequent them from time to time for a few laughs though;) I will consider reviews from the regulars on this forum because they seem to be more concrete and honest to me. I expect this release to be as good as the other DW/Mondo editions that I've purchased, and I have to say they've all been pretty dam good.
I have to say , I did wonder if the Discogs comments were a targeted campaign against us if i am honest , The composer told me this is the best it's ever sounded yet there are a string of comments on Discogs accusing it of sounding like a bootleg..
very depressing
There are 1000 people who have it according to Discogs and of those only 40 wrote a review. I can understand that those comments can feel very depressing after all the sweat and blood and other secretions that went into the making of this record. On the internet negative reviews allmost allways seem to surface above all the postive comments.

The record sounds really good. The bootleg remark is bullshit. I do have some crackle and some small dimples on this record that I can sometimes hear and wasn't expecting. But is doesn't distract at all from my listening experience. I can say the same about some Waxwork, OWS and Third Man Record releases. And a lot of other labels as well.
Listening to vinyl is such a personal experience. So many different setups that all have an influence on what you hear. Very easy to blame the creator of the wax you are spinning.

And if you like it or not, Death Waltz and Mondo have become one of the greatest and most popular brands what soundtracks on vinyl are conscerned. And big trees catch a lot of wind.

That said, I can imagine that it can suck being the big tree during a storm. Just think of all the people enjoying this and a comment like that from a composer with that stature.
By scottydoo
Amen Bezulsqy was just gonna say the same (tho not as well put) theres been alot of time and work gone into this and its paid off as far as im concerned . Had it on a few times at the listening party last night and had it on again in the shop today and it sounds great . its quiet music so very minimal pops etc are unavoidable on vinyl (alot of these people moaning need to buy themselves a copy of the CD instead) but really happy with it and you should be too Spencer
By Pretorius
Received mine over the weekend, and what a damn fine vinyl it is!!, the design of the whole package is really nice as well.

welldone DW
By Peek-a-boo
Picked up my copy at Piccadilly Records today. You can't fully appreciate the quality of the packaging until you have it 'in hand'. Its an incredible job. Looking forward to listen to it as soon as I get chance!
By texasvinyl
Half price books representing!
Attachments
1476236885918-194951211.jpg
1476236885918-194951211.jpg (2.27 MiB) Viewed 6911 times
By jgibbs4053
my copy seems kinda noisy. im going to see if i can take it to local store and see if its my TT or the copy. This has really been the only album from mondo/DW that has been an issue.
By frozeneyeball
I was initially concerned with the way track A1 sounded, as I thought I was detecting some odd background hiss in certain parts of the song. Having compared with an OG copy, and then an MP3, I realised that this is just how the song sounds and nothing more than that. I think it was just a very quiet cymbal coming in at certain points. Funny I didn't ever notice it before on the OG release but it's there!

Overall the sound quality of the DW release is very good imo.
By Bezulsqy
Do we need a separate thread for Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me (TPFWWM)?

Here the info you all already knew:
2 x LP at 45rpm
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2016-10-17 om 13.43.08.png
Schermafbeelding 2016-10-17 om 13.43.08.png (632.06 KiB) Viewed 6797 times
By SpaceCadet
Since we're saying it, my copy sounds perfect.

I actually just revisited FWWM for the first time in years with the blu ray boxset, it's so sad and weird.
By Hatter313
Uploaded on the FWWM thread too, RIP Albert, the character I was most often compared with.
IMG_0288.JPG
IMG_0288.JPG (81.96 KiB) Viewed 6056 times
By texasvinyl
Damn, that's too bad. Just watched that episode last night. Such a great line.
By Hatter313
His changing relationship with truman is one of my favorite parts of the show.