Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By kumachan
I know I didn't miss them, just noticed how behind schedule we are :)
By Ignatius
The DW twitter feed says there'll be some Twin Peaks news in the next Mondo newsletter, so we'll get some more details soon.

To tide everyone over here's a fantastic excerpt of Xiu Xiu, one of my favourite bands, performing the Twin Peaks soundtrack earlier this year. The performance was commissioned for the 'David Lynch: Between Two Worlds' exhibition in Australia and they're performing it a couple of times in the UK later in the year.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuEgLvsaH-Y[/video]

Don't know if they have any plans to record and release it but it'd make a hell of a companion piece to the official OST releases. *hint hint*
By jgibbs4053
Has anyone heard anything about this being released? It's been a year since it was supposed to be released
By texasvinyl
jgibbs4053 wrote:Has anyone heard anything about this being released? It's been a year since it was supposed to be released
Spencer played the test pressing (and gave it away I think to littlewalter?) at MondoCon this year, so it won't be long now.
By Hatter313
Spencer dropped a nice little tease on the DW twitter page. :)

https://twitter.com/deathwaltzrecs/stat ... 4222868480

Oh man I can't wait to see the whole package. I hope they pressed a boatload, I do not look forward to fighting for this one. the fact is that for this release i'll go above and beyond to get the choicest edition if I have to, and if that means I have to give some second hand seller an exorbitant amount of money to acquire it, I probably won't be able to stop myself, so here's hoping the pressing number is high enough that I can give money Spencer and Mo and not flippers. I mean, I've literally never had a problem getting a release, but this si the big one. :)
By defile959
Hatter313 wrote:Spencer dropped a nice little tease on the DW twitter page. :)

https://twitter.com/deathwaltzrecs/stat ... 4222868480

Oh man I can't wait to see the whole package. I hope they pressed a boatload, I do not look forward to fighting for this one. the fact is that for this release i'll go above and beyond to get the choicest edition if I have to, and if that means I have to give some second hand seller an exorbitant amount of money to acquire it, I probably won't be able to stop myself, so here's hoping the pressing number is high enough that I can give money Spencer and Mo and not flippers. I mean, I've literally never had a problem getting a release, but this si the big one. :)
I guess it's possible that things have changed, but at one point I believe Spencer had said that there would be only one version each of the TP and TP:FWWM releases, and that they would be pressing a larger-than-usual amount. So hopefully when these are finally released, we can get them in our eager little hands without having to resort to flippers.
By texasvinyl
They're only pressing one copy of each release, and they already sold both to that fuckwit pharma guy that bought the wu tang album.

but really, this is super exciting! the long wait will be over soon.
By deafmetal
The comments made during the soundtrack panel at MondoCon were very exciting regarding this release, especially regarding the issue of the extra long run-time per side on the original pressings, and how the new pressings (45rpm 2LP?) could possibly be superior to the original LP's. There was also a comment that the engineer working on the new pressing had a sincere reverence for the material. It sounds like we are in for a real treat with this one.

@LittleWalter - How has that test pressing been sounding? ;)
By Hatter313
Yeah @deafmetal, They said the guy doing the lathe cutting was super enthusiastic about the material. gonna be so good.
By Hatter313
@deathwaltz,

Oh man, It's getting closer. Now that Lynch has approved the artwork!!!!! I can't wait to see what you and your team have cooked up for this one Dude.
By Mateo Sanboval
NMA wrote: There's an illustration of a vinyl record inside the promoted video
And a cassette?! Although that could just be a Diane reference.
By Hatter313
https://twitter.com/deathwaltzrecs/stat ... 3793011712

@Spencer, How much are you enjoying this....haha, gonna be the release of the year man. anyone who felt the chill go through them at mondocon when that needle dropped...whooboy.

@LittleWalter...only you and yours know the treat we are in for...
By Little Walter
I guess being Dale Cooper and Audrey Horne every year for Halloween earned us Twin Peaks karma. Every once in a while I hold it and laugh maniacally.
By Hatter313
haha...no judgement here...we've talked about my bathroom...
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:haha...no judgement here...we've talked about my bathroom...
I don't think I know this story, Hatter, but I feel that I must.
By Hatter313
Hahaha! The advantage of living alone is that there's no one to stop me from decorating my bathroom like the black lodge. If I can find the picture I'll repost it up here, but the short of it is Walter and I were geeking out a bit at mondo con and I showed him the photo and we both had a good laugh about obsessive fandoms.

Mateo, you'll have to come down to Texas this year for the convention. It was super fun and it was really great to meet so many board members. Walter himself is easily one of chilliest people I've met if I do say so myself.
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:Hahaha! The advantage of living alone is that there's no one to stop me from decorating my bathroom like the black lodge. If I can find the picture I'll repost it up here, but the short of it is Walter and I were geeking out a bit at mondo con and I showed him the photo and we both had a good laugh about obsessive fandoms.

Mateo, you'll have to come down to Texas this year for the convention. It was super fun and it was really great to meet so many board members. Walter himself is easily one of chilliest people I've met if I do say so myself.
It sounds like a damn fine time. Damn fine.
By Mateo Sanboval
Heh. I put this in the new release thread like the lazy bones that I am. Here's a photo:
By palmat
Gotta get this one for sure! BUT, doesn´t that cover look very similar to Glasvegas "Later when the Tv turns to static"?! Or am I the only one?

http://dis.resized.images.s3.amazonaws. ... 92298.jpeg

Not that it matters but since at least I´ve waited soooo long for this release it seems strange that the cover looks like an already existing album cover. I´m sure Glasvegas or the person making their album cover loved or wanted to reference Lynch or Twin Peaks so it might be that Glasvegas lifted from Lynch not the other way around. I am just curious if we could get Spencer´s two cents on this because I cannot imagine that this beauty went to the presses without the people involved knew about the Glasvegas cover art. Anyhow, I am sure that the rest of the package will blow us all away. Keep up the good work DW!