Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
deathwaltz wrote:
chandler75 wrote:Do these waves have any relation to Twin Peaks that I'm missing? It's funny because it's quite different from the not-so-minimalistic artwork on Lynch's own records...
That's probably one of the most iconic things from the show , I'm not sure what to say if you don't get that ?
To be fair, I've seen quite a few folks online that are clearly big fans of the music not recognize the Red Room chevron thingys without a gentle reminder. Some of the most constant contributors to a two-plus year old Twin Peaks vinyl reissue thread on another board didn't get it. I was surprised at first, but now I believe these folks just haven't re-watched the show recently, if ever, but still the music resonates with them big time.

PS - Spencer, or anyone else in the know, why did the Bookhouse Boys track get shifted two side B? Does it better even out the length of the two sides?
Last edited by Mateo Sanboval on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hatter313
I'm curious about people who know the music without knowing the show. I wonder where they came across it. For me if music strikes me and I know it's from something like a movie or a show, I always have a need to see it in its intended space.

Interesting the way we come to these things :)

As many times and formats as I've watched the show, For me, this music will first and foremost bring back memories of be me as barely a teenager watching the show with my Father on rented vhs tapes in our basement. We did two or so episodes a night when he came home from work, and half the time he'd just watch my face as the show twisted and turned.
By Pretorius
This looks really nice, and I am really glad its going to be accessible to all!.

What is the word on Fire Walk with Me release?. Also will this release be available from Transmission as the same time as from Mondo/DW.

cheers
By NMA
Pretorius wrote:What is the word on Fire Walk with Me release?.
001.png
001.png (12.68 KiB) Viewed 5720 times
By chandler75
Yeah, OK. I only watched the show twice - when it was first aired and on dvd some 10 years ago, so the floor pattern escaped me (especially since it has a blue background on the cover).
By Hatter313
Smell those Douglas firs....
By deafmetal
Hatter313 wrote:Smell those Douglas firs....
I get the creeps just looking at the image of the wind in the trees.
By Mateo Sanboval
chandler75 wrote:Yeah, OK. I only watched the show twice - when it was first aired and on dvd some 10 years ago, so the floor pattern escaped me (especially since it has a blue background on the cover).
I think there are quite a few fans of Badalamenti's score who share a similar experience as yourself, Chandler. Makes me envious, really. How much you have left to (re)discover with the show.
jgibbs4053 wrote:Image
Nailed it.
By monsterworship
Seeing the word "preorder"does that mean these aren't actually shipping until closer to sept 6?
By Bezulsqy
monsterworship wrote:Seeing the word "preorder"does that mean these aren't actually shipping until closer to sept 6?
As I understand it all record stores will get Twin Peaks around September 9. The only way to get it earlier is through Mondo today. Mondo will ship out immediately as the records are in hand: https://twitter.com/deathwaltzrecs/stat ... 2175909888
It is not a limited release (or limited to 10,000 or so). So everyone will be able to get it for the normal retail price through Mondo or through record stores world wide.
By Mateo Sanboval
Today is a good day.
By eleazar
is there already a price in GBP for TP at the transmission online shop?
By Bezulsqy
eleazar wrote:is there already a price in GBP for TP at the transmission online shop?
You mean, you didn't click on the link?
You do know that the internet works only by clicking on links for answers? If we stop clicking links everything falls apart.
That would not make this a nice day!
By eleazar
Bezulsqy wrote:
eleazar wrote:is there already a price in GBP for TP at the transmission online shop?
You do know that the internet works only by clicking on links for answers? If we stop clicking links everything falls apart.

I did click:-)) But there are no prices in GBP at the transmissionrecords page...
By Bezulsqy
eleazar wrote:
Bezulsqy wrote:

I did click:-)) But there are no prices in GBP at the transmissionrecords page...
That means you got your answer ;-) There aren't any prices in other currencies.

No idea what the prices will be in EU retail stores. Only the price in the US is known. Or I missed something. And that is very possible as there are too much links to click to find out about everything.
By Hatter313
Well....i actually had my doubts there for a sec that this day would come. can't wait to get it on my deck!
By Mateo Sanboval
Done and dusted.

PS - I just saw this:
By Mateo Sanboval
Sage advice.
By The Cult Leader
Mondo also restocked a few sold out titles/variants today. Picked up a copy of the Hannibal Steak variant with my Twin Peaks.
By Hatter313
oh you sonofa...

I had picked up the black hannibal a while back, i figured the steak was long gone. well done.
By blindguy
I can't believe I was able to score the cherry pie filled variant! I never am quick enough to get these super limited releases! I have to assume they'll do a coffee filled one for Fire Walk I'll have to try to get to have them both. :-)