Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By monsterworship
blindguy wrote:I can't believe I was able to score the cherry pie filled variant! I never am quick enough to get these super limited releases! I have to assume they'll do a coffee filled one for Fire Walk I'll have to try to get to have them both. :-)

the Twin Peaks one is the "180G damn fine coffee colour vinyl".
By Bezulsqy
monsterworship wrote:
blindguy wrote:I can't believe I was able to score the cherry pie filled variant! I never am quick enough to get these super limited releases! I have to assume they'll do a coffee filled one for Fire Walk I'll have to try to get to have them both. :-)

the Twin Peaks one is the "180G damn fine coffee colour vinyl".
His name is blindguy for a reason ;-)
By blindguy
Man, a perfectly terrible joke wasted by the fact I clearly didn't read one word of the description of this release before ordering! I was just hoping to convince just 1 person that a pie filled variant existed.
By Mateo Sanboval
blindguy wrote:Man, a perfectly terrible joke wasted by the fact I clearly didn't read one word of the description of this release before ordering! I was just hoping to convince just 1 person that a pie filled variant existed.
I ate it up, Brother BG.
By Pretorius
Eeek its already "no longer for sale" on the Mondo site!, so waiting on Transmission to put it up for pre-sale.

I bought Dracula A.D 1972 from mondo, and the cost of postage was virtually the same as the cost of the soundtrack, so in total it was around $48, thinking it would`nt pop up in UK shops, and Transmission didnt get it, it did turn up though in HMV for £28, DOH. So hanging on for Transmission this time, at least its up for pre-order soon. I emailed them today and got this back "Keep your eyes out on social media today for further updates on the release of Twin Peaks.".

cheers
By deafmetal
Wow, I wonder how many copies sold through Mondo already? Looks like a great start for Twins Peaks on DWRC.
By Occhionero
I really hope that TP will hit German stores! Already missed to buy at mondo....
By Mateo Sanboval
monsterworship wrote:Saw a tweet from Spencer that said it would be back on Mondo site. so don't panic.
Yeah, pretty sure they temporarily pulled it down to highlight indie retailers putting Twin Peaks up for preorder this afternoon.
By ckilduff
Got mine in today. Its gorgeous and I love it. Curious about something though. It was too hard to get a picture of but the center engraving on mine has a typo I think. 'place' is spelled 'plae'. Are engravings unique to each copy or is that something that would be replicated on all the copies? Not complaining just curious about the process.
By deafmetal
@ckilduff - Welcome to the forum. Your Alien re-score is quite popular here. [I am Mark L.] ;)

I believe that those run-out groove engravings are etched into the master plate and should be identical on all copies sourced from the same stampers. Perhaps somebody else who received their copy already could verify.
By ckilduff
Oh hey Mark!

Thanks, I went back and looked at the past Alien: Rescore threads and thats really cool. Glad you guys were into it! Hopefully, I'll get a chance to score some original stuff later this year.
By static14
@ckilduff that etching will be on all copies. It gets engraved before stampers are made.

There's also an error in the liner notes. A missing "and" :)

Who cares about that stuff though the album sounds amazing!
By ckilduff
Thanks for the info! Its definitely more curiosity than caring and it doesnt diminish my enjoyment or love for this record one bit. I am someone with a Dale Cooper tattoo and played Laura's Theme for one of my college piano finals haha. Cant wait for the FWWM release too!
By Mateo Sanboval
Hey, Gang. I've read feedback on other forums from folks who have received these already and they are universally negative aside from some nice remarks about the artwork. Normally I wouldn't pay this much attention and would simply judge for myself, but something about this one is troubling me. Three different sites which cater to three very different groups of vinyl/music fans from the severely jaded audiophile to the wide-eyed vinyl neophyte with a Crosley in their messenger bag. All three sites have similar complaints of noisy pressings and warped discs. Now mine hasn't shipped yet (in my infinite wisdom, I ordered some other LPs as well so it's probably to the bottom of the queue) and I know we tend not to be to critical in here because we are big fans of the labels and the goodly folk running them, but has anyone 'round these parts with a copy in hand found similar issues? Asking for a friend. Okay, it's me.
By ckilduff
I ordered two and havnt opened the second (got it as a safety for friends who didnt get one or maybe as an xmas present) but the first had no warping and sounded great to me. I will admit though that i do not have an 'audiophile' set up but I had no issues on a first listen last night.
By static14
@mateo I listened to it yesterday on my living room setup right after it arrived and it sounded damn good to me. I still haven't given it a spin downstairs yet, but when I do give it a critical spin I'll be sure to give you an update.
By monsterworship
my copy seems a bit flimsy/thin, but I wouldn't say warped as I don't think there was any playback issue. It sounded fine, But only gave it one spin.
By Mateo Sanboval
Thanks for assuaging my fears a bit, guys. Just got my shipping notification as well so that's double good. Now I don't have to worry about a bunch of PayPal claims from my Ebay customers.
By Mateo Sanboval