Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By zachbehm91
So is there any word on when this will be put out? I'm so excited for it. Are we thinking Black Friday maybe?
By Hatter313
No record i'm looking forward to more than these.
By AndreasEldritch
Yes - it is coming out in February 2015
By toosoonjunior
I suppose I can manage to rock my Twin Peaks cassette until then. :)
By hncreature
It's both TP Soundtrack and TP: Fire Walk with Me...correct? - Can't wait to have these on vinyl...and not pay FleaBay pricing...had the CDs and loved'em
By Occhionero
You can´t buy them. All you have to do is making a damn good cherry pie to persuade Spencer!
By uxipi
Definitely one of the highlights of DW, I thought it was out late 2014 :(
By siforster
It's my birthday in February, just in case anyone was thinking of buying me presents such as these.
By horseloverphat
I think it is the TV soundtrack from season1 and the FWWM film soundtrack, there is a season2 TV soundtrack (only released on CD) also commercially available, but that one hasn't been mentioned, although I'd love to see that get a DW release too.

These are my most anticipated DW releases to date...can't wait for both to get the DW treatment. I'm not sure what is going on with release dates, I've not heard anything for a while. I do remember that late 2014 was mentioned, although that was some time ago and perhaps 2015 is more likely now.

Anyone have any recent news?
By Whip Wilson
I'm curious if this will be an all analog production (if the original wasn't recorded digitally) with remastering or just a straight re release from some (hopefully, at the very least) hi red digital files. It's DWRC so of course the package(s) will be sweet, but how will it sound?
By dumaisaudio
I believe I remember hearing that David Lynch was approving the artwork. Given that they're working with Lynch, I would guess they're also working with Angelo and have access to the highest quality versions available. I have no concerns that this will be a stellar release.
By Whip Wilson
Well that's a lot of guesswork. Having the director approve the artwork is a far cry from working with a composer on remastering the original tapes. While I share your optimism, I'm still curious as to the provenance of the finished product. Not because I'm dubious, but because it interests me.
By horseloverphat
[quote=33332]I’m curious if this will be an all analog production (if the original wasn’t recorded digitally) with remastering or just a straight re release from some (hopefully, at the very least) hi red digital files. It’s DWRC so of course the package(s) will be sweet, but how will it sound?[/quote]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm no 'audio technician' but I did come across this discussion regarding Twin Peaks analog/digital etc. Maybe it gives a few pointers, but all guess work until we get more official news.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/t ... 281/page-2

Season1 TV soundtrack shows AAD on the reverse of the product.
AAD – Analog tape recorder used during initial recording, analog tape recorder used during mixing, digital mastering.

wiki...
"As digital tape recorders only became widely available in the late 1970s, almost all recordings prior to this date that appear on CD will be AAD or ADD—having been digitally remastered. This means that the original analog master tape has been converted (transcribed) to digital. It does not always imply that there has been any additional editing or mixing, although this may have taken place."

Lynch is a stickler for sound & image...I'd be surprised if these were not top notch releases in the 'audio sense'.

By Whip Wilson
That's good info from a good forum, PKD. I should've thought to look there myself. Thank you. That is one of the things that makes that era's recordings so fascinating when it comes to reissues and/or remasters. Do folks go back to the original analog tapes or to the final digital master to do the work? All judgments aside, its a pretty fascinating process. FWIW the original TP vinyl sounds damn fine. Sadly, I've never even seen a copy of FWWM.
By Hatter313
FYI: just saw that Spencer commented to someone on Facebook that these are coming January.
By antimax
@Mateo - Totally depends on the release. Sometimes yes, they do go back to the original tapes, as with (I believe) WaxWorks's Creepshow and Hills Have Eyes. Sometimes the original source is simply not available. It seems that whenever they DO go back to the original tapes, it's usually announced in the press release or whatever. Understandably… Because that's probably the ideal way to do it!
By lazyben
Wow! Not even shooting until next year but I can wait.
By ghostfires
Super crazy awesome announcement!!
By static14
!kcor s'tel
By Hoodini
Really cant wait !
By Whip Wilson
Damn fine news. Damn fine!