Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Spinning the two lathe cuts now - sounding better at 33RPM than 45, so presuming that's how they're meant to be spun (?)

The PHV one sounds like a mash up between Unit Black Flight and Candi Staton. Got a good groove going.

The Maiovvi is a bit more out there with some backwards 'possessed' style dialogue at the end

If you've heard and enjoyed their previous outings & incarnations however you'll most likely enjoy these two. Anyone else from here go on Sat?
Here are a few photos ....
Attachments
TransmissionOpening-Print-43.jpg
TransmissionOpening-Print-43.jpg (9.94 MiB) Viewed 6255 times
TransmissionOpening-Print-16.jpg
TransmissionOpening-Print-16.jpg (7.33 MiB) Viewed 6255 times
TransmissionOpening-Print-5.jpg
TransmissionOpening-Print-5.jpg (9.95 MiB) Viewed 6255 times
TransmissionOpening-Print-2.jpg
TransmissionOpening-Print-2.jpg (10.68 MiB) Viewed 6255 times
TransmissionOpening-Print-1.jpg
TransmissionOpening-Print-1.jpg (10.82 MiB) Viewed 6255 times
vi_resmusic wrote:
Spun out of control wrote:Spinning the two lathe cuts now - sounding better at 33RPM than 45, so presuming that's how they're meant to be spun (?)

Hahaha! It took me a few spins to realise that "Room 237" is at 45.
That´s what I do most. Did it with Iron Giant, too.
I felt rather honoured to be first through the door when the shop opened on Saturday. I travelled hours to get there from up north and it was a tremendous day.

Met some great people and picked up some beautiful records. Got some classics that were missing from my collection, complete with obis, and was lucky enough to score some sold out Mondo releases, as well as a couple of animes and the in-store exclusives. It was truly one of the best record shop experiences of my life.

Well worth a visit if you can make it there.
Attachments
IMAG0593[1].jpg
Also these in-store pins look great, the Hausu glows in the dark!
IMAG0593[1].jpg (830.26 KiB) Viewed 6194 times
Statochess wrote:Not sure about some of the jazz records being sold on the transmission site. They look like European bootlegs to me. Any further details on them?
Which ones specifically? There are a lot of records there from the budget reissue label Not Now Music which often uses music in the EU public domain.The art is different from the iconic releases because that is usually still under copyright. Being in the States, I've never been tempted to buy any of their releases so I can't attest to the quality.
Statochess wrote:Yep, those are the ones. Alright I guess if you want something cheap but do a bit of research before committing - MOV do Kind of Blue on mono and is well worth investing the extra dosh on.
Do you have any experience with the NNM's releases? I'd be curious as to how they sound.
Statochess wrote:Yes -best avoided. Lots of cracks and pops. The recent Blue Note reissues are very good.
Have a different experience with the 75th anniversary Blue Note reissues, don't think they're good at all. Mid 1970s BN reissues are better, even the WaxTime grey market are better. No experience with NNMs
Statochess wrote:Yes -best avoided. Lots of cracks and pops. The recent Blue Note reissues are very good.
Which of the NNMs do you have, Statochess?
Not sure if anyone has seen this yet but Transmission now have Bernard Herrmann's Twisted Nerve score up for pre-order in two pretty stunning pressings http://transmissionrecords.co.uk/shop/t ... w-edition/!

‘Twisted Nerve - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack’
1 x 'Blood Spattered' Yellow Coloured 180gm Heavyweight 12" Vinyl LP cut at 45rpm, Vinyl Replica CD & Download - High-resolution WAV + MP3
Music Composed and Conducted by Bernard Herrmann

Stylotone in association with The Bernard Herrmann Estate, with a little help from director Quentin Tarantino, is proud to announce the World Premiere Release of ‘Twisted Nerve - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack’.

Over 75 minutes of music across three formats (Vinyl, CD & Download - High-resolution WAV & 320kbps CBR MP3).

“Twisted Nerve’s most stand out feature was Bernard Herrmann’s magnificently creepy-catchy whistling score” - Quentin Tarantino, October 2014

A 1968 British psychological horror film from the Boulting Brothers, ‘Twisted Nerve’ starred Hywel Bennett, Hayley Mills and Billie Whitelaw. The film itself has little to offer, however its soundtrack remains one of Herrmann's finest and, alongside the film, would have probably languished in obscurity but for the intervention of Quentin Tarantino who revived its main whistle theme for his 2002 film ‘Kill Bill: Vol. 1’, bringing Herrmann's music to a whole new audience.

The complete Original Motion Picture Soundtrack composed and conducted by Bernard Herrmann for the Boulting Brothers’ Production of ‘Twisted Nerve’ has been assembled, mastered and cut at London’s world famous Abbey Road Studios to produce a stunning master that is “enough to make even Hitchcock jump!”. The audio for this release has been overseen from start to finish by Grammy®-winning engineer Sean Magee, a member of the team that remastered The Beatles Catalogue in 2007 - he was also personally responsible for cutting their recent mono and stereo vinyl editions.

This Super-Deluxe Edition package has been produced to the absolute highest possible standard as if it had been released at the same time as the film, using manufacturers who are able to produce all the parts on exactly the same machines as used in the 1960s.

The ‘Twisted Nerve’ Super-Deluxe soundtrack package is available in a yellow “blood-spattered” coloured vinyl edition featuring a spot-varnished 320gsm tip-on gatefold sleeve.

This edition includes:

- 1 x 'Blood Spattered' Yellow Coloured 180gm Heavyweight 12" Vinyl LP cut at 45rpm

- An expanded ‘Vinyl’ replica CD, housed in a spot-varnished scale-copy of the gatefold sleeve - containing the LP programme plus unused alternate and rehearsal takes and the original ‘Whistle’ sessions

- An exclusive free 45rpm three-track radio promo 7” single featuring pop and jazz versions of the film’s main theme - arranged and conducted, at the composer’s request, in 1968 by composer Howard Blake OBE (‘The Duellists’)

- A download card offering exclusive access to high-resolution 24-bit WAV and 320kbps CBR MP3 digital downloads of the entire deluxe soundtrack package and more. Alongside both the vinyl and CD album presentations, purchasers can download the complete unedited recording sessions, experiencing at first-hand what it was like to be in the same studio as Bernard Herrmann!

- A 30” x 40” (762mm x 1016mm) British Quad Film Poster, newly commissioned to complement the soundtrack album artwork. The poster has been specially printed using original 1960s production processes - matching not only the poster weight of the time but also the correct machine folds (since film posters would be machine folded and inserted into large brown envelopes before arriving in the post at cinemas - this was before digital media, kids!)

- A certificate of authenticity personally signed by Mrs. Norma Herrmann, the composer’s widow

To round off the Super-Deluxe packages director Quentin Tarantino and Bernard Herrmann’s biographer, Steven C. Smith, both offer a unique and compelling insight into this legendary soundtrack with their own sleeve notes.
Attachments
twistednerve.jpg
twistednerve.jpg (18.93 KiB) Viewed 3080 times