Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Charlie13
Mine just arrived along with The Equestrian Vortex. Both look stunning but unfortunately will have to wait till tomorrow to give them a spin.
By dumaisaudio
Listening to this last night, I'll be interested to hear an edited down version. I enjoyed it, but there are parts that go on longer than they need to. Obviously that works when paired with the film, but for a listening experience, an edited down version will probably work a lot better. It's a great score, glad it's getting a wider release, but that this one is still exclusive.
By deafmetal
So, after all the hype, conventions, preview tracks, hearsay, waiting, limited-vinyl-ebay-drama-DW-miracle-drops, etc., I have finally listened to this album from start to finish. It's a total beast. The sounds went deep into my head right away. Within a few minutes, I was transported somewhere else that felt pretty dark and filthy. I love the beefed up live drums way high up in the mix. For me, it really adds something to it, and does not detract for me in any way (I also loved the Room 237 score for the same reason). There is one track where the drums go into a 4/4 techno-y beat and it really got my heart racing. All of this without any TCM imagery up on a giant screen. I can't even...

Honestly, I was expecting to be a bit let down by this release, mostly because I thought the preview tracks were killer, and there had been so much hype from the festival attendees. Not so! Highly recommended album, even if you only have access to the digital files.

Final question for Spencer and the musicians: Could you post the film cue timings so we could arrange our own live scores at home?
By Hatter313
mine showed up yesterday...i'm going to second @deafmetal here...Totally worth the wait and the hype, great release all around
By ghostfires
I'll agree that the music sounds really great. I spun it last night after it arrived, and it is very good.

My only problem with the release - both records have lots of pops, clicks, and the needle got stuck a few times throughout the listening experience. Anyone else have that issue? I spun a couple of other records to ensure it wasn't my turntable acting up...turned out to be just the TCM rescore that acted that way.
By NathanLurker
Mine plays fine, listening to it right now, no pops or clicks
By scottyboy71
I finally grabbed a copy of this from ebay for a reasonable price (£35) and it is bloody amazing. It's easily one of the creepiest things I've ever heard. I'm very curious about how those guys got some of those sounds. Absolutely incredible.
By deafmetal
@ghostfires, mine sounds similar and I noticed there is a ton of static. The vinyl likely needs a proper cleaning. This can happen with colored haze/splatter vinyl pressings, just needs a deep clean.
By toosoonjunior
Yeah, I'd suggest giving it a good cleaning. My copy sounds nice.
By Vector
Has anyone in the West Coast receive their copy that they ordered back in Sept yet? I wanted to make sure I wasn't being paranoid and sent a email to DW but they haven't responded. Hoping for the best and still patient but I do hate UK to US shipments at times.
By jgibbs4053
I'm in NC and just got my copy Friday
By Vector
That's great! Maybe hopefully next week then for me. Can't wait to hear this.
By stumpybunker
Thankfully I looked at twitter
By ReversedBible
Recieved my copy yesterday, unfortunately with a totally bent corner, but what can you do! Will spin it now.
By layneharvey
@reversedbible - just adds to the worn out, stained look of the cover, right? :)
By ReversedBible
[quote=40727]@reversedbible – just adds to the worn out, stained look of the cover, right? [/quote]

Haha, it really does! Really liking this album! Glad I had a chance to pick it up.
By strictlywayward
Finally got one of these last week, for $74 shipped off of eBay. I thought I would make do with the single LP repress, but it felt right at the time and feels real nice indeed now that it's blasting through the speakers. Yummy Sunday laundry jams.