Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By horseloverphat
[quote=33363]So pissed I missed the announcement. [/quote]

Hey, I know the feeling, but you just can't be everywhere at once and that is the problem. I totally missed out on the Friday 13th drop and variants, due to personal issues, which lasted over a few days and that included the release date itself. That said, wishing you luck in finding a copy and at a reasonable price...I don't think anyone wants a copy more than you do, so hopefully justice will prevail.
By ghostfires
@lazyben - I am really curious about these live rescores. So do you have regular dialog & sound efx throughout? Are they piping the rescore through different speakers than the movie? Do you hear the original score too? Or were they able to cut it out?
By texasvinyl
Antoni & Matt set up at the front of the theater with synth/effects tools, laptop and drum kit. The movie dialog and fx came through the theater sound system. I sat maybe 10-15 feet from the live setup, so it did drown out some of the movie dialog and fx at times. I imagine this wasn't the case for people sitting farther away from where the drum kit and loudspeaker were set up.
By Darren LD1984
hey ninja, in the same way that a bunch of leftovers from Mondocon went up online last week, I'd keep an eye out on some leftovers from Beyondfest going up on the DW site this week.
By tim28212
[quote=33369]hey ninja, in the same way that a bunch of leftovers from Mondocon went up online last week, I’d keep an eye out on some leftovers from Beyondfest going up on the DW site this week.[/quote]

that's what I'm holding out on. I want it but I'm not going over the cliff on this and paying an excessive amount of $$$ for it. I have a limit and plan on sticking to it. :)
By Rob
The ones that went up last week would be the leftovers that were offered to subbers, I think the Mondocon ones were part of the ticket, so I can't see any of those having been left.

There may be some Beyondfest leftovers hopefully.
By Darren LD1984
By the way, this is the record of the year for me.
By antimax
Yeah, from the press release regarding the live re-score, I thought they had somehow isolated the dialogue and sfx from the music score in TCM, so it would be just like watching a film in theaters with all the audio levels at their respective volume. I figured they'd be able to do this, as this was a 4k restoration screening; I figured they had access to do such or something. But as far as I could tell, they just played the complete original soundtrack at a sort of lower level, then had the live music perform over it. Which was better than how I've seen this done before - where the original soundtrack is turned completely down to accommodate the live score. I like it either way though, and the performance was great!
By unpopular_poet
Wow, this record is really great. I could honestly say that if someone was to pay $80 for it, they would be doing the right thing -- it is that good.
By ninjaqutie
It may be worth $80, but that is a large pill to swallow, especially since I bought vampyr not knowing this already went on sale. :/ I'll buy this if I can catch it around $60, maybe $70, but I don't see that happening right now. This may just be a record I won't have in my collection and I may just have to live with that. Sometimes you can't have everything you want.
By toosoonjunior
I would really just wait for the hype to die down. We're only 1.5 weeks out from MondoCon and we're still in the midst of Beyond Fest. I bet it'll settle down in the $50-60 range.
By reelybored
Ok feeling a bit better for dropping the $80 on this thing... Either way, you only live once...
By antimax
Yeah, it's an awesome album. But you know, if we were all paying for LPs based on the actual quality and artistic level of the music itself, we'd all be literally broke, haha. Because there's plenty of masterful priceless music out there. But that's not how it works! ;D
By deafmetal
I wonder if DW sold out the entire stock for Beyond Fest. Anybody know?
By ninjaqutie
It would be awesome if they didn't. I'm not holding out for it through. I'll just keep an eye out on eBay in the meantime. Hopefully, I won't miss the notification next time if there are leftovers though. :(
By Occhionero
[quote=33459]I wonder if DW sold out the entire stock for Beyond Fest. Anybody know?[/quote]

They diid not. I have ordered my copy via DW online shop.
By Frizzle-Frizzi
occhionero copies on dw store was selled after mondocon not after beyond fest.so theres a little hope about
By Occhionero
Ooops, you are right! Good luck!!!
By Hatter313
Hey all, has anybody who ordered from the 65 leftovers received theirs yet? just wondering if these have been shipped yet. thanks!
By Voodoo_Jim
I haven't seen mine yet, but I know that they've been busy with everything AND Royal Mail can get funky once in a while.
By Spun out of control
@Hatter313

No haven't received my order direct from the site and that pile of leftovers. Have a couple of orders outstanding so might well be they are busy elsewhere - mostly Stateside if going by Twitter - but fingers crossed...
By Hatter313
Thanks, I assume things will start rolling out when they get back from LA,I did get my H2 reissue yesterday, but i think TCM is a special case.
By layneharvey
YES, i did get mine the day before yesterday. i live on the east coast in the US. received my Order Complete email almost two weeks ago, and it showed up monday afternoon.
By Hatter313
I live on the east coast too, so maybe this week then. thanks Layne!
By Occhionero
Got my H2 Rerelease today. Unfortunately with a bended corner - thanks to the German Post!