Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By antimax
Cool… Looking forward to the Beyond Fest screening!
By reelybored
This blows! Wanted that TCM rescore but was at work all day :-(
By deafmetal
There are quite a few more up on ebay right now with lower opening bids.
By reelybored
Extremely let down I missed out, no way am I paying ridiculous eBay prices
By deafmetal
Yeah, to update my previous post, people are bidding up ridiculous prices for this album. I certainly wouldn't see the harm in a repress on black/red vinyl to take the steam out of the flippers.
By toosoonjunior
Currently listening to the TCM score while I work and it's taking everything in my being to not do this with my keyboard...
By horseloverphat
[quote=32459]Currently listening to the TCM score while I work and it’s taking everything in my being to not do this with my keyboard… [/quote]

Am still waiting on my copy...

That GIF is my favourite part of the film...I just love how they set that shot up and how it plays out...Daniel Pearl to thank methinks!
By reelybored
Considering all this, what is the most you guys will spend on this already rare and OOP vinyl? Just fishing for thoughts/opinions from others
By texasvinyl
With the amount of stuff getting repressed I'm pretty twitchy about getting spendy. I'd rather get 4 solid reissues new than drop $100 on an OOP. $60-$75 is about the max, and that is only on occasional stuff. I saw a Virgin Suicides OST recently on Discogs for $60 and regret passing it up; it sold pretty quickly.

It's more fun to find underpriced gems in the wild, but that's getting harder and harder to do.
By pyrexia
I think the most I have spent was $75 for an original pressing of Cynic "Focus" in 2001. This was long before there was even a hint of a repress. I rarely spend a ton on records anymore outside of a few exceptions. Especially given that there are few holy grails and the availability of digital rips is so great.

That being said, I love what these labels are doing, but it feels a little like what was happening with black metal in the late 90s/early 00s. Labels like Sombre were pressing 100 copies of each release for the "true" and then there would be a mad rush on ebay. That sort of faded as labels like Nuclear War Now and others just kept the music available, or at least pressed 1000 of every release and would be open to represses.

I love the fact that I can finally own a vinyl copy of Zombi or Deadly Spawn, but am bummed on this TCM record. Hopefully there will be another run. I don't care about the limited press, I just love the music.
By reelybored
I agree, on the fence about snagging up a copy on eBay. Really trying to convince myself but really finding it hard to justify spending $100+ on a vinyl that was just released. Hate the limits imposed on some of these releases. What happened to supply and demand?!? Oh well
By reelybored
@pyrexia exactly! It's all about the music which is why I am super bummed about missing out
By Peek-a-boo
I listened to my copy this afternoon. It is very good indeed!
By Frizzle-Frizzi
Peek-a-boo can u confirm the 2 12'' are in different colors? any chance to get some pictures?
By MODAREC
Anyone tried syncing this to TCM themselves?
Be cool if we could get the start times of each track during the film.
By Ignatius
It would be great to get something like a copy of the whole score with dialogue and effects mixed in made available as a paid download so people who own the film could sync it up and get the whole experience.

Though I imagine that rights issues surrounding any parts of the original TCM sound mix would probably make that either impossible or prohibitively expensive.
By synthxanderharris
People attending Beyond Fest: get pumped!! I hope you love this experience as much as I did.

I agree, I would love to see a Blu-Ray edition with the original movie with this score.
By deafmetal
Perhaps a new Death Waltz media... deluxe Blu-Ray with alternate score.
By lazyben
Man, this was pretty intense in person. I thought the rescore worked really well with the film last night. I can't really compare and contrast with the original score as it's been about 20 years since I last saw it.

I was in two minds during the screening as to whether the rescore would work for listening to on its own but I have it on now and it does work that way too.

The bad news for anyone who didn't get to either screening is it's very unlikely there will be any more or a Blu-ray or whatever. The beyond fest screening nearly got cancelled yesterday as although it everyone thought they had all the correct permissions etc Tobe Hooper decided he was against the whole idea and it sounds like it took a bunch of phone calls to get the go ahead for that single screening. Spencer and co had a pretty stressful afternoon by all accounts. Still a great night out in the end. With donuts.
By antimax
@lazyben - you were there? I was too! Heh. I had an Exterminator 2 jacket on. Whatever that means.

The screening was great! I thought that the sfx/dialogue would be louder, they were a little quiet. But I loved the screening, loved the music and had a great time. Super cool stuff.
By lazyben
I thought the dialogue level was fine from where I was sitting. The original fx were pretty much buried at times but that's probably to be expected, if you left them 100% audible you'd barely hear the rescore.

I stayed for House of the Devil and enjoyed that too as I hadn't seen it before.

I was thinking about going another night too but getting to Hollywood sucks for me and I think I'm too tired to do it again this week.
By Vector
Order is now complete for me, so I guess it's shipping to the states now. Hopefully it'll be in decent shape on the way.
By ninjaqutie
So pissed I missed the announcement. :(