Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Whip Wilson
I am in the USA and I get records from all over the world and this continent on a near daily basis. Many packages look rough. Sometimes corners get dinged...or worse. DWRC is the only outlet where every package in memory arrives in tatters and at least one corner is dinged or dented. Checking other forums, this is not an experience unique to a handful of people. That said, never has the vinyl been damaged one single time and, as we all know, the product and presentation are nearly flawless so I still love them and junk.
By texasvinyl
Mine usually arrive without any problems. Probably got stuck on a sorter or under another heavy box, but the LPs were all fine so it's all good.

Got around to spinning these- HoTD is an excellent soundtrack, and the picture disc looks awesome. That being said, it has a lot of "rumble" on my platter, and there is quite a bit of surface noise. Nothing really atypical to picture discs, but I almost wish the subber and deluxe versions had been swapped. I might order a splatter deluxe copy for regular listening.

Beyond the Black Rainbow looks and plays great, what a terrific soundtrack!
By Ignatius
I live all the way out in New Zealand and my DW packages tend to arrive in pretty good nick. U.S. posties seem to really emphasise the 'handling' part of 'shipping & handling'.

I'm slowly warming up to the HoTD score after giving it a few spins. It initially struck me as generic horror strings but I'm hearing plenty of extra nuance to it the more I listen. I haven't been too bothered by any excess surface noise on my pic disc, though to be fair my set-up is pretty basic and I'm not exactly an audiophile. If I listen closely I can hear more noise than I'm used to from the other few picture discs I own, but I'm happy to make the trade-off to have that hand spinning on my turntable.
By Alekspectre
I heard about a picture disc without surface noises. (The new Ozzy Osbourne best of...)
By texasvinyl
Speaking of House of the Devil, check out this "blood moon" lunar eclipse shot from Dallas this morning. No reports of an unexplained "sped up" phenomenon...yet

By layneharvey
shiiiit, that is amazing...
By Whip Wilson
Lunar tetrads are rare birds indeed, but all total eclipses are dark red at their midpoint. Of course it was the only foggy night in two weeks here last night. Zero visibility. Thanks A lot, Weather. You dink.

PS - Really nice photo by the bye.
By Peek-a-boo
I'm hoping this will sound constructive, but I think everyone with subscriptions would be in agreement that Death Waltz could provide safer packaging. Maybe try another company, even for a few extra quid, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who'd take it on.
By Alekspectre
Does the black vinyl with blood splatters sounds good ? (Not too much surface noises ?)
By manuorru
Great shot @texasvinyl!!!
By Peek-a-boo
I'd happily part with my picture disc sub version if someone makes me a sensible offer. I'll probably put it on discogs if not. It's really not my thing. Still in shrink wrap, listened to once. Let me know if your interested.
By Dollarhyde
So I read the hype following the release, read the blurb on netflix about the movie, got the vinyl, read the liner notes, spun the vinyl, yesterday watched the movie and then only realised when I thought I recognised that voice on the phone. TOM MFKING NOONAN!, my namesake, Is in this movie.

Loved the movie although, a little slow, and a perfect package from death waltz, beautiful gatefold.

I find the picture disc plays suprisingly well. The sound is clear and has depth although there is a constant hum thats sounds like a distant storm in the background.
By manuorru
First Subs picture disc edition on Discogs, £100...
By Hatter313
stupid, I'm fine with Subs selling their stuff of course, but come on, do it for cost if you don't like the record.

In other news, anybody know if there is a digital release of this score? i don't have a usb TT, otherwise i'd rip the vinyl, (Deluxe landed yesterday and sounds AWESOME).

Anyway, I want to throw it on my iPod, but I wasn't sure if it was available digitally anywhere.
By texasvinyl
I havent sold any DW subs, but after considering Discogs and PayPal seller fees cost would be over $70/each!
By Alekspectre
Shipping email for the deluxe one, happy the Man :)
By Hatter313
which i get, sure. figure a DW release from the webstore to the USA with shipping usually nets about around $50, and obviously Subs are a little more limited, then i'm totally fine with $70, especially considering fees and the like. but £100...that's $160 by today's exchange rate, about $120 less than the full sub itself. I'm not saying sell them for $30, these are special items and worth a bit of markup, but to sell a brand new release that hasn't even had time to appreciate for that kind of scratch...come on.
By Peek-a-boo
I put it up for £100. I don't really expect to get £100 but it'd be nice! As I said earlier in this thread, the music doesn't do it for me on this release.

I've allowed offers & also said that anyone on this forum can make me a sensible offer & I'll give it consideration. I based the price the same as people who have put Godzilla & City of the living dead up on Discogs.
By abedunk
Me, too! Whew. Love this film, and the music, can't wait for the LP!
By Alekspectre
:) we are Legion of the Devil ;)
By Volzom Zofbie
[quote=34368]Does the black vinyl with blood splatters sounds good ? (Not too much surface noises ?)[/quote]

Mine sounds perfect. Nice and clean and way better than my black Breaking Bad from Spacelab9 which has A LOT of surface noise.

But then again, my copy of HOTD isn't really that splattered. At first I actually thought DW had made a mistake and sent me a black one instead of the Deluxe. But I can see some tiny threads, almost like a vaguely marbled flower concentrated at the center and then slowly fading out. But hey, it looks cool.
By Alekspectre
Thanks Mr Zofbie !
"almost like a vaguely marbled flower concentrated at the center and then slowly fading out." Beautiful description full of poetry ;) can't wait to receive mine !
By uxipi
My copy arrived today! "House of the evil" wasn't on my "must have" list until I gave it the first spin, I'm glad I trusted the label once again and got a deluxe copy. Classic, dramatic, with need to hide behind the sofa moments...
By Alekspectre
Arrived this morning ! What a great soundtrack and a beautiful Deluxe edition ! Fine artwork and great sound ! Delicate blood splatter on the black vinyl ! Everything's perfect in this edition.
And this score !! ...with all elements that make of it, a great score.
Bravo Mr Spencer "Death Waltz".H for this absolutely great piece of Art.
By layneharvey
GREAT profile pic, @alekspectre!