Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
I'm in the same boat. I ordered TCM & Equestrian Vortex last week, and I just ordered HII on Saturday. I would love the deluxe of HotD, but it's looking to be a brutal Autumn as I'm guessing I will have to order each of the DW6-9 represses individually. I think I will just pick this one up from LitA.
By thedeepness
I wish the Vampyr album was up yesterday when I ordered Halloween II, I would have ordered that as well. I just can't do another $16 for shipping. Oh well, I have the digital version.
By VinyLOST
I purchased the Vampyr OST from Death & Vanilla's Bandcamp site, and had to have the vinyl! I purchased it from DW the 1st time they put it up for sale, so beautiful. If your a fan of this album, but their "From Above" album is mind blowing!!!!!
By palmat
Just got my deluxe sub edition of HOTD. Love the packaging and the pic disc is EEEEEVIIIIL. BUT, is it just me or is the surface noise pretty bad on this release. Maybe it's just my record. Anyone else with this issue? I've cleaned it properly and spun it a couple of times and the noise persists.
By toosoonjunior
Could it be caused by it being a picture disc?
By NathanLurker
I got quite a few recent picture disc that sound good. the Solaris release on Invada, their Drive as well, I got 2 Ulver albums that have been re-pressed this year on picture disc, sounds good.

By palmat
Sure it might be the pic disc. They are sometimes known to be like that. But if more out there have the same problem it's a bit f****d up that us who payed alot of money for the deluxe sub are stuck with a lesser audio product than those who can pick up the regular black version way cheaper. I for one didn't cash out just for the perks and bells and whistles but for a quality product when it comes to the audio. But like I wrote before, it might be just my copy, and if that's the case I'll have to get the black vinyl just for the audio. Still a bit disappointed...
By NathanLurker
@palmat : When I get my sub package I'll give it a listen and let you know how it sounds.
By palmat
@NathanLurker: thanks, it will be interesting to see if it is just my copy or not...
By slik
Ah, the joy of the Pic Disc...yes, there is surface noise. Made me feel nostalgic though. To me, it just adds to the whole deal. A great release! Do I sense an avalanche of complaints a comin'? Feels like the needle is seriously stuck in a groove folks.
By flapdoodle
No, my copy is very noisy as well - a lot of 'pops' and a background 'rumbling' sound. I expected it, as picture discs aren't really that great - and it hasn't really ruined it for me. That hand spinning round on my turntable just looks delirious.
By Hatter313
i think the pic dic looks pretty sick, i ordered the deluxe yesterday and would not be upset in the least if i wound up with one of the randomly inserted pics.
By monsterworship
Got my house of the devil, sub pic disc.

Mine sounds pretty great, no surface noise.

Loving the soundtrack, listened to it 4 or 5x since yesterday.
By kingmob
I just put on my sub copy and it sounds horrible, all sorts of surface noise and popping and clicking. Its pretty though!
By chandler75
I spinned my copy (sub) for the first time yesterday, and yeah, there's a crazy amount of surface noise. Maybe it helps to play it louder :D
By Spun out of control
Watched the movie last night on a very cheap blu ray purchased off eBay.... echoes of Rosemary's Baby and the Amityville haunted house movies of the 80s for me - know it was supposed to be a deliberate homage and it certainly wore its influences on its sleeve. Took a while to get going - nearly 60 mins before there is much in the way of action. Guess that's what you call a 'build up'. On the whole though, well made

My non sub deluxe LP arrived today, so will look forward to giving that a spin. Thought the package when the postman dropped it off might have been the 2 or 3 DW LPs I've ordered the past couple of weeks - but the heft was all down to the single deluxe! ;)
By goodnightcigarettes
My sub copy sounds really good. Some pops now and again, but nothing major and no crazy surface noise. So yeah happy! However the image on Side B is frightening as fuck. Can barely look at it!
By texasvinyl
Can't wait for this one to show up. Hopefully the sub shipment will get delivered next week!
By EdKings
Hopping back on the Vampyr-topic for a sec..
Just ordered it because of all the love for it in here..Never heard about it so Tell me, good choice?! How long is it?

Back ON topic, got my order completed as well for HotD, can't wait for it!
By Whip Wilson
Ed, it's in my top three for the year, genre aside. I'm heartened to see how many people here generally agree. A home run. Enjoy.
By EdKings
Thnks @Mateo, I just wanted someone to hold responsible when it turns out to be a bad investment ;)
Just joking, I actually look forward to be surprised! And since everyone was loving this release.. Couldn't stay behind :)
By Whip Wilson
Ed, I'll happily take the rap. Cheers.
By texasvinyl
That sinking feeling when a DW subscription box shows up looking like it was manhandled by angry bears...

But all is well! A testament to the power of super heavy sleeves. This is a really top notch release!!
By Alekspectre
This soundtrack is awesome, i have put in my basket until Halloween III appears for sale on Death Waltz shop...
By VinyLOST
[quote=34203]That sinking feeling when a DW subscription box shows up looking like it was manhandled by angry bears…

But all is well! A testament to the power of super heavy sleeves. This is a really top notch release!!
[/quote]

I am located in Arkansas, and my box was shredded. there were holes on all 4 corners, and beat to hell. you could see the vinyl inside the box through the wholes, my heart dropped, but when i opened it, just as i suspected, all 4 corners were dented on my 2 BTBR DW VARIANT & the wrong MANIAC VARIANT. I was hoping for my. HOTD & BTBR sub editions, with the new Hook & Pull gang I ordered. fucking customs or whoever, i know it didnt come from DW that way. im thinking customs or just all of the travelling from London to us here in the US going from PO to PO. they pay NO mind to the FRAGILE tape covering the box at all. I have been waiting forever for these to arrive.ready for Spencer to get back to the UK to take of business.

i wish our SUB editions were shipped in a nice DW box, that would hold the tip on gatefolds or oversized sleeves for some protection, just a suggestion. these people at the customs and the PO do not care as long as it gets to where it is going, if that.