Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Whip Wilson
What is left from the original list? EFNY and ZFE? Manchester Morgue maybe?
By deafmetal
@Mateo - according to the original posting by @DW (also page one of this thread), EFNY and Living Dead at MM are still left to be repressed. I know I spotted EFNY as an upcoming title on a DW obi strip last year.

I am very curious as to how the remastered ZFE/Zombi 2 is going to sound compared to the recent pressings. The same for the DW version of L'Aldila/The Beyond.
By Whip Wilson
Thanks, Deaf! I saw the catalog numbers, but I couldn't recall what was what off the top. I haven't had an opportunity to compare a repress with an original yet. I did think, after a good cleaning, the Halloween III expanded remaster sounded great. Better than the first DWRC subscriber pressing to my ear.
By texasvinyl
Finally got my Mondo shipment today with the Halloween II reissue. For whatever reason they shipped the standard clear retail version and not the /200 limited deluxe. Hmm. Doubt they will be able to fill the order at this point since these are presumably long gone.

This was a partial fill, and a second box with Prince of Darkness, Turkey Shoot and Chain Reaction is currently in transit. Hoping those three match the versions that were listed in Mondo's store.
By Whip Wilson
Well, this explains that particular delay. I hope the quality is up to snuff. What a drag.

"Hello!

Thanks for ordering Death Waltz Recording Company's release of They Live. Unfortunately we have recently been informed that part of the shipment was lost in transit by an international courier. We are currently having replacements pressed and expect to receive them by mid to late March. Any orders for They Live that were placed with multiple items will be shipping out in two shipments - the first containing any additional items, and the second containing They Live just as soon as we have it in hand!

We apologize for the inconvenience. Feel free to contact us if you have further questions or concerns!

Mondo"
By dumaisaudio
Yeah, I ordered Prince of Darkness and They Live on 1/13. I got the shipping confirmation last week for Prince of Darkness, and when I emailed them, they said there was a delay on They Live, but this email explained it better. Anyway, I got Prince of Darkness today, and thankfully it is the colored version that was described. No OBI Strip on it, but the package is nice overall, the color is amazing, and the liner notes, while not extensive, are worth it. Glad I picked it up. I think Halloween 2 is the only one I'll pass on.
By Whip Wilson
Bummer about the OBI. I try not to get too obsessive, but for some reason I just love those little guys.
By Occhionero
But the color variant oh Halloween looks amazing. ;-)
By dumaisaudio
From the picture on Discogs, it looks like the variant version of the Prince of Darkness doesn't have the OBI, but the clear version does. They are cool, but it's no big deal.

And yeah, the variant of Halloween 2 is cool, but since it's so similar to the Halloween Mondo Ver B variant, it made it easier to pass on for me, since it didn't have any new liner notes either. Of course I told myself I was just going to buy the Halloween 3 reissue because of the bonus tracks, but then I saw the colors and liner notes and just had to go in on them. I am purging some of my other duplicates of other DW releases to thin out my shelf space a little.
By nrs24985
My clear version didn't have an obi, I preordered it through LITA and it shipped in December (I belieeve) when it was released, maybe it was an issue with early orders in that the obi strips hadn't been printed yet?
By blindguy
I imagine there's only one person who can answer this, but I'm wondering if there are still plans to repress Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue, or if it's time to give in and pick up a used copy? I haven't really seen that one mentioned since the early days of this thread.
By danwh1tepony
I haven't been on here too much in the last few weeks as I've been moving house but I was wondering if anything has been heard about the Escape From New York repress? Desperately want that soundtrack and been holding out for the repress but am now on the edge of buying a used one. Also holding out for Living Dead at Manchester Morgue like @blindguy above. Can't fault the records that they have been releasing in the meantime, that's for sure!
By chiefbrody
@dan, it's not the DW reissue, but on the new releases thread a 2LP edition of EFNY has been announced by Silva Screen (news via @TAG). It may not have artwork as cool (in my opinion), but it has more content than the DW version.
By dumaisaudio
Spencer just said on Twitter that he got his masters from Silva Screen and just cut out the dialog, so this version is the same music, for a better price than the original and DW versions are going for these days.

I'm guessing this is why we never got the deluxe repress of this title; Silva wanted to do their own version and didn't renew the rights.