Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Ignatius
Oof, that transparent orange/black splatter combo is striking enough to make me want to upgrade. I could always get this and trade off my old copy, but I'm fond enough of the old colourway that I wouldn't want to part with it. Damn my family's predisposition to hoarding!
By deafmetal
Great start for the DW represses. Silky smooth quiet sound, which is great for such a lovely splatter vinyl. Missed out on the first press due to lack of funds, so this is very satisfying to pick up.

By matowest
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does LITA have the H2 splatter version? It says clear, I believe.
By tim28212
Very nice but really doesn't entice me to ditch the original to upgrade. But glad the ones who missed out have another opportunity.
By Hatter313
splatter is DW webstore exclusive
By matowest
thanks, Hatter
By Occhionero
Is there any chance to "see" the vinyl color without open the shrink. I mean the first pressing of H2? I bought a copy of wich the seller says it is the orange vinyl version, but the record is still sealed.

Thx for helping....
By Spun out of control
@Occhionero

Don't think any of the original DW releases specify the colour on the sleeve...

Once got caught out the same way - was sold what was advertised as a blue/purple split They Live original pressing - opened it and it's the black... seller just claimed 'well, that's what I was told'. In any event, the outer label didn't give anything away ;)

@DW - On a related note, do we have any ETA on the Zombie Flesh Eaters deluxe re-press - seems to have been left off recent discussions?
By Occhionero
[quote=34887]@Occhionero

Don’t think any of the original DW releases specify the colour on the sleeve…

Once got caught out the same way – was sold what was advertised as a blue/purple split They Live original pressing – opened it and it’s the black… seller just claimed ‘well, that’s what I was told’. In any event, the outer label didn’t give anything away

thx man! I guess I have to open it. If its black it will go straight back!
[/quote]
By Occhionero
I still don´t know how the seller knew, but he was right - even if it was in its original shrink - it is the orange vinyl! Maybe I have to check the sellers name and if he is called Uri Geller I´ll let you know!
By Frizzle-Frizzi
occhionero he knows cause he bought from DW online store.simply.every color is listed with different link.so he trusted DW
By Alekspectre
it's not too much to ask if we could have a shot from the Halloween 3 vinyl, please :)
By Occhionero
[quote=35024]occhionero he knows cause he bought from DW online store.simply.every color is listed with different link.so he trusted DW[/quote]

That make sense.
By NMA
Will the retail version of Halloween III re-release be presented in the same gatefold cover?
By deathwaltz
Yes it will NMA - it will be solid orange vinyl.
By texasvinyl
Nice, grabbed H3 since it has extra tracks and a gatefold. Also that Night Terrors y'all seem to like so much, though I couldn't get the preview tracks to work on my mobile.

Looking forward to Zombi 2 whenever that is ready! Already have the others, and though the new vinyl colors sound really awesome just can't justify the high cost to import these.

Do H2, They Live, Prince of Darkness have new gatefolds/liners or are those straight up reissues with new splatter vinyl?
By Bub
Spencer, are you still playing with the idea of just selling the jackets for the reissues? Looks like I would only buy H3 since it has new material whereas the others are just straight represses of the originals from Sub 1.
By dumaisaudio
I'm in the same boat as @Bub. I've ordered H3, but can't do the others since I have them all already. I'd buy the jackets for the others for sure.
By revolver
Well, I finally gave in and ordered H3 from the DW site, I'm hoping it will be worth the extra dollars compared to what I would be paying LITA.
Also I have a bit of a phobia regarding Orange vinyl since Escape from New York (I also ordered directly) turned out to be extremely noisy!
So far out of all my Death Waltz Purchases I've only encountered 3 noisy disks, Escape, Devil's Business and House of the Devil! Even after a cleaning there is lots of Rice Krispy action happening!
Wish I could've ordered Zombie Flesh Eaters at the same time as H3, but it will be good to get one more shipment before the year ends LOL!
By Occhionero
How many of you guys buy the reissues and still keep the first pressing?

First I wanted to sell the first edition when I purchase the Re-issues but now I am not sure about it. Both variants are lovely :-))

Can we start a survey?

By texasvinyl
I didn't get a sub until #3, so my early ones are mostly either black or a solid color, except I think They Live is a blue/red split color, and the Halloweens are swirls. I generally only keep one copy of any release.
By Alekspectre
I keep my originals death Waltz, and leave the reissues for those who don't have the chance to get 'em before. I would like the House by the cemetery Mondocon so much..but everybody need one copy of this great soundtrack, so i leave for somebody else... The only i will buy again it's "Manchester Morgue" because of the surface noise.
By fac179
FWIW, I received my Halloween II reissue from LITA today (it's CLEAR people, and that's ideal) and it's much quieter than any previous issue, surface noise-wise, which is what I wanted. I've owned all previous issues and sold them, and am really looking forward to the clear H III as the first pressing is super noisy (my copy at least). Call me crazy, but the music is much more detailed and nicer on the low-end. I know y'all don't listen to your records, but the upgrade is definitely worth it sonically.
By Alekspectre
You right, clear is even better than black one, if the quality of the granules is good.