Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Jimmy_Mike
@ragingbull

LITA site say: "Deluxe gatefold reissue including brand new remastered audio due fall 2014"
By ragingbull27
[quote=30305]@ragingbull

LITA site say: “Deluxe gatefold reissue including brand new remastered audio due fall 2014″
[/quote]

Those could be referring to the carpenter versions that are supposed to be on the 'clear vinyl that will be available worldwide'

really trying to score the limited variants if at all possible
By ninjaqutie
Will b2b have a crack at the 200 first too?
By EdKings
Hope Spencer will soon release some more info about a possible subscription for the Deluxe versions.. Can't wait for this :p Like I said before, I jumped way to late on this bandwagon and am realy glad to hear they're being re-issued.. Bring it!
By Hatter313
Huge carpenter fan, it's what got me started on DW in the first place, actually have the first pressings of these, but would definitely upgrade. hope i can snag the colored variants. i also like the idea of just being able to upgrade the sleeves, although for Halloween 3 i'd do the full new package.
By Spun out of control
With all the excitement of new releases elsewhere, do we have any update on the on sale dates for the re-presses through the DW site?

Has said 'coming soon' for a while now, with various retailers giving a date at the back end of October (27th?)

Thanks.
By deafmetal
Spun, the date on the DW site says October 20th, and Spencer posted recently that he doesn't want to do any more advanced presales. I am planning for that date unless I hear otherwise.
By syndicate
LITA has all four titles for sale. DW has Halloween II for sale.
By chandler75
Hmm, I thought these would be offered in packs/to subbers first or something...
By MODAREC
Me too, shipping costs will be a killer if these are gonna be released separately.
By Ignatius
It's possible that they're simply putting them on sale as they receive the stock, though I would have preferred them going up all at once so those of us buying more than one could save on shipping costs. The only one I don't own is Prince of Darkness, though I certainly can't pass up the expanded Halloween III as well.

Hope we still get the opportunity to buy new covers at cost for the records we already own. Those thick textured sleeves make me so happy.
By MODAREC
Yeah I'm going to upgrade H3,They Live and just the sleeves for the other two. If the shipping costs for the sleeves are the same as the full releases I might just splash out and get the records anyway.
By Hatter313
so glad i logged on at 230 am on a hunch!, bring on the rest man!
By philball1974
Wouldn't normally consider buying stuff i already have, but the H3 and They live sound very tempting.
By jgibbs4053
Wasn't EFNY supposed to be part of this? It's the only album I'm missing
By cookythecook
That new Halloween 3 is a must-buy. Can't wait for it to go onsale on the DW site. Still trying to decide if I wanna get the other 3 as well to play, and save my originals from future use
By Hatter313
I think this is wave one of the represses, Zombi is also getting the treatment.
By chandler75
I would also like to see some pictures, descriptions etc. for the re-issues...
By texasvinyl
Agree w/ above, some more info about these would be much appreciated. Zombi 2 shows on the LITA site as sold out, but I didn't realize it was even up for order. Are they all getting "deluxe" heavy tip-on treatment or just Zombi 2?

Spencer, will there be an email blast for subbers or anything for the back catalog remasters/reissues?

Also interesting, it looks like Zombi 2 went from a "framed" type cover art to art filling the cover, while They Live and Halloween went from full-frame art to a framed-type.
By Bub
[quote=32986]They Live and Halloween went from full-frame art to a framed-type.
[/quote]

Those are old "mock-up" covers that were made in between the framed covers & the full bleed covers. They never went into production.

H3 is a definite buy for me but I would like to know which of the other 3 are getting the 2014 remaster treatment besides Zombi. I'll just get the jackets for the non-remasters.
By horseloverphat
I don't yet have They Live or Prince of Darkness, so those are already a must. H2 I already have, same with H3...H3 is another must, with the expanded remaster and seeing as though these are DW/Carpenter (the one and only) I have to have them all. I'm more than happy to pick up another additional H2, which should come with a new gatefold cover. Roll on late Oct fot the other three!
By Hatter313
LITA hasn't updated any images, so those are just the old pics. Spencer said a while back they were all getting gate folds, i think somewhere earlier on this thread if i remember right. i think as far as LITAs Zombi listing, that's all the stuff for the original pressing, and they just altered the copy to talk about the reissue coming soon.
By horseloverphat
Yes...All will have gatefold sleeves.

From Page 2...

Some clarification
They Live same tracklisting . New sleeve layout , new liner notes – A sleeve/ liner notes bundle will be made available at cost.

Halloween II – Same tracklisting . New sleeve layout. Cover will be made available at cost.

Prince Of Darkness – same tracklisting . New sleeve layout , new liner notes. A sleeve/liner notes bundle will be made available-

Halloween III – Brand new expanded edition from the newly discovered master reel including never before released tracks and all new liner notes / package.
By MODAREC
Judging by the descriptions on LITA, they will have the retail versions (clear wax for H2, TL and POD / orange for H3). Maybe only DW web store will be selling the new colour variants? Really hope they have the textured sleeves.
By deafmetal
I was hoping to order all four of the colored variants directly from DW at the same time to save on shipping. It would be nice to know when they are planning to put them all up for sale.