Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By dumaisaudio
There are some other pictures on Instagram of the new releases if you search #deathwaltz. There is another one of They Live (no light behind it) and Halloween 3.
By dumaisaudio
Got my copy of Halloween 3 from Death Waltz today. It's a good upgrade since it has the extra cues, remastering, and a booklet. I heard he scrapped the gatefold, but I figured it would have a sleeve with the extra thickness, like Room 237. I guess Spencer ran into some issues with the packaging, as it's the same type of sleeve as the original (without the gloss). I assume the other reissues are similar. With that, I'd say they're great for people who didn't get the originals, which is obviously the main reason he's doing a repress. If you already have the originals, then aside from H3, you're just getting the extra liner notes and a different back cover. Nothing wrong with that, just putting it out there for anyone who was thinking of getting these who already have them.
By Occhionero
It seems that the release of "Prince of Darkness" comes a bit later now - wich is good for my budget :-)
By deafmetal
I believe Spencer said PoD would be released in November, unless you have heard otherwise? I'm also curious about Escape From NY.
By dumaisaudio
It seems that he has been keeping quiet about Escape From New York, it hasn't been mentioned in a while. I can't imagine it wouldn't happen, as it's probably Carpenters best score next to Halloween, so it would sell. My guess is that with all the other releases coming down the pipeline, this one is on the back burner for a later date. It would be great to see it get a remastered and deluxe treatment.
By deafmetal
I believe EFNY is listed on the back of one of the recent obi strips. Also, The New Barbarians by Claudio Simonetti. Good stuff!
By Occhionero
The Prince of Darkness Re-Release is available to order!
By deafmetal
Prince of Darkness turned out very well. My copy sounds really good!

By masonhastie
A week ago I was moaning about Halloween III disappearing from the shop. But patience pays off because as often does with DW, it reappeared and I was able to order it again. Just a heads-up for anyone else that thought they missed out on the Death Waltz shop version of HIII.
By The Cult Leader
@Deaf That looks stunning!! I'm going to wait till December to grab mine. Hopefully get lucky and get one of the test presses.

I'm digging the cover. Different then the original?
By deafmetal
@Cult Yes, it's the original DW artwork expanded to full sleeve size. Looks slick as hell.

I have a feeling we are going to see similar artwork sizes for both Zombie Flesh Eaters and Escape From New York, which is exciting.
By oaxaca
So looking forward to remastered / repackaged ZFE and LDAMM !! OK, ok Escape from new york is pretty exciting too :p

Has there been any ballpark release dates mentioned in 2015 for these 3 yet? I've been out of the loop for a while!
By deafmetal
@oaxaca, no release dates or info yet. The biggest tease so far was the original ZFE artwork that Spencer purchased. I am really curious if it's going to be a new inner gatefold or cover art.
By Ptflea2
I noticed on the back cover and in the linear notes of They Live, a screen shot of Prince of Darkness is used. Anyone else catch this? Only on the repress?
By dumaisaudio
These are showing as low stock on the DW store, I wonder if they're still available to purchase.
By Occhionero
Are there any plans to re-release "Let the right one in" and "Donnie Darko"?
By milliondollars
Can anyone confirm that the Hrecent alloween 2 repress came without booklet?
By nrs24985
I purchased the Prince of Darkness and They Live represses through LITA, both came on clear vinyl and both sound excellent! The full sleeve artwork is great and the extra notes in the booklet are really interesting.

They Live came with an obi and the cat # DW09DL, which I assume means deluxe, although it isn't the deluxe DW web store edition.

Prince of Darkness has no obi and the cat DW006R, which I assume to means repress, I see some versions of the repress of Prince of Darkness online with obis and some without, it seems the splatter one didn't come with an obi, but the grey/clear ones I've seen online do have obis, should my copy have come with an obi or not?

Has anyone else on the board purchased a Prince of Darkness repress that has come with or without an obi and if so which version?
By NMA
@nrs24985 My "Prince of Darkness" reissue didn't have the OBI as well.
By nrs24985
Thanks, nice to know I'm not the only one! The obis must be a little hit and miss, was yours the splatter from DW or did you get the clear press like I did?
By NMA
@nrs24985 You're welcome ;) Mine was the splatter from the ye-old-DWR store ;)
By nrs24985
Thanks again! I really wanted the splatter, the PoD splatter looked really fucking cool, but after a heavy few months of record buying the to be able to afford both TL and PoD post christmas I gad to settle on the clear pressings from LITA.
By Spun out of control
Just reviving - or perhaps 're-animating' - this thread as Spencer has been teasing fresh news about that long-awaited ZFE re-issue with new artwork in recent weeks...

On the back of the recent ZFE live tweet-athon, I would guess an announcement's almost imminent?
By chiefbrody
I'm sure Spencer tweeted or posted around the time of the CH cover reveal that he would be announcing details within the next fortnight, so I assume some point this/next week.

Really looking forward to this, as it's one of only two of the "main" DW releases (not including RSD, 12"s, flexis, etc) that I do not have in any variant. After the enthusiasm built by the sync'd screening earlier in the month, I'm glad we won't have to wait much longer.

I wonder when the remaining reissues will come out - there doesn't seem to be any pattern.