Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Spun out of control
Yeah, kinda surprised to see this first re-issue slip out unannounced - had understood all were going on sale Oct 20th.

Glad I follow this forum, and, on a another positive note, makes it less of a bunfight to snag one for those of us who do...
By kumachan
It doesn't bother me, makes a change to pay a few quid extra for shipping than getting gouged on eBay or Discogs by record store staff and flippers. £23 is a lot less than £50+! Thanks for this DW but it would be nice if you had given subbers a heads-up...
By dumaisaudio
LITA has Halloween 2 listed as for sale, whereas the others are listed as pre-orders, so I guess they have the clear pressing in stock there.

I think I'm gonna grab Halloween 3 from DW and hope Spencer puts up the sleeves not too far afterwards. As cool as the new colors sound, I can't do it with the exchange rate seeing how I have all of these already. Glad he's gonna offer the sleeves, that's definitely taking care of your loyal customers!
By Whip Wilson
With you there, DA. I'd love to add those sleeve/liner packages to the remastered and expanded Halloween III.
By The Cult Leader
What exactly is new about these reissues besides the color of the vinyl? Are these now housed in gatefold jackets?
By Spun out of control
Pretty sure the Zombi 2 score has been remastered by Frizzi himself and apart from new vinyl colour there will be other extras... But beyond that we are still awaiting info from DW central I believe... Including release date.
By danwh1tepony
I received my copy of Halloween II last week, would have thought more people here had received it but haven't seen any comments. I have yet to open it as I have been busy and have other records ahead of it to listen to but it is not a gatefold. It does have an obi like the other new Death Waltz releases. Cat number is DW007R.
By jgibbs4053
Was kinda hoping it was going to be like new textured albums
By deafmetal
danwh1tepony, is that the deluxe color vinyl or the standard edition?
By Whip Wilson
@danwh1tepoby - I'll be curious to hear what it looks and sound alike when you crack her open.
By Spun out of control
Also ordered the Halloween II re-issue the day it went up, but haven't received it yet (am in the UK) - had assumed it would be a gatefold, but the latest description on the DW site doesn't mention it.

However the original DW mention on this thread did say:
"All will have gatefold sleeves and all new liner notes..."

Seems in actuality just the vinyl colour has changed? Guess we'll find out soon enough! ;)
By danwh1tepony

This is what it looks like, I never got the original so don't know if the packaging is different. The disc looks great though and sounds stunning.
By danwh1tepony
And it is standard card, not the textured and not a gatefold. Still a nice package.
By Frizzle-Frizzi
awesome vinyl color,poster is different mine(i have the sub) dont have this note wrote on.also the back cover is different if i remember well.
spencer please let us buy only the obi .looks cool on cover
By Alekspectre
Great reissue artwork ! Even if i like the original issue.
By ghostfires
That vinyl color - orange with black splatter - is identical to the Halloween release from Mondo.
By Alekspectre
Yes,I thought the same thing, i am very interested by the Halloween III on black with orange splatter.
By Spun out of control
Looking good... and yes, shades of Mondo (hmmm, I wonder why that might be??) ;)

What happened to the gatefold and liner notes idea, then? Ah well, no worries... look forward to checking this one out in person.
By Alekspectre
Halloween time will be hard for our pockets ;)
By deafmetal
Looks good to me, and I can live without a gatefold or a textured sleeve (I'm guessing that would raise the price of each of these a bit more). It does look like Halloween III will have the gatefold and liner notes, and it's listed two quid higher than the other reissues. I see Escape From New York on the back of that obi strip! Stoked.
By Whip Wilson
Interesting. Perhaps only the remasters are getting additional liner notes and a gatefold sleeve?
By dahousen
Love the Jay Shaw work on H3, but it would be awesome seeing diferent artwork on those remasters, Halloween 3 and Zombi 2. Extra score too?
By Darren LD1984
Going on past posts by DW, Halloween 3 is expanded with newly discovered tracks, Zombie Flesh Eaters has been remastered by Frizzi himself. I don't know if it's going to have extra tracks.

Id love to see that Zombie Flesh Eaters poster pop up somewhere, but all the original artwork is killer. I wouldn't like to see that changing
By Whip Wilson
According to LITA, Prince of Darkness and They Live are getting 4 and 8 page booklets, respectively. No mention of gatefolds. Halloween 3 seems to be the only one getting that treatment at the moment.