Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
It is fucking slow and low on dialogue but I love it, the atmosphere it induces.

I sat through Matthew Barneys entire cremaster cycle. Now that's slow! gutted I missed the recent screening in london.

Cremaster cycle ost on vinyl now that would be awesome.
By devilwidget
I had a dream last night that, because subscribers didn't get a print with this vinyl, spencer sent us a glossy hard-cover 10" book filled with abstract stills from the movie. It was gorgeous and I woke up fully intent to rave about how great it was on this forum, before realising I'd made it up. Fingers crossed I am some form of undiagnosed pre-cog...
By dumaisaudio
I'm still waiting on my sub copy replacement from the pressing plant. Emailed Spencer last week asking if he could check into it, as it's been a month. If LITA had it in stock, I'd just buy a clear copy while I'm waiting. It's definitely one of my favorite scores to come out of DW this year.
By zuko
It's in stock at Jagjaguar, follow the link on the DW site. Not sure what colour though.
By voidhead
[quote=40589]I’m still waiting on my sub copy replacement from the pressing plant. Emailed Spencer last week asking if he could check into it, as it’s been a month.[/quote]
Good luck with that. Did you get any reply, btw? I'm also waiting for a replacement.
By dumaisaudio
Yeah, Spencer said that not enough copies were defective for the plant to press replacements (I think it was under 20 people who said they had issues). He seemed to think they'd come around and do it eventually, but I'm not holding my breath. I think I'm just ordering a clear copy, which for under $20 isn't too bad I suppose.

I was looking on Amazon and saw a review where someone was complaining that "This is NOT the real soundtrack from the film!!!! This has lots of added music on top of the original tracks that should not be there and ruin the vibe." Is this true? I haven't gotten around to watching the movie yet, but the music on this soundtrack release is really good.
By NathanLurker
kinda. but not really. The main difference I noticed is on the track ''Elena's Sound-World'' on the LP, which has added layers compared to the tracks that were found on the web and youtube before the soundtrack was officially released.

Here's a part of ''Elena's Sound-World'' that was previously know as ''mother'' :

[video]http://youtu.be/2Ml_hD4x2M0[/video]

and here's Elena's Sound-World from the official release :

[video]http://youtu.be/SjLTQg1Ft5M[/video]

It's not enough differences to say that it ISN'T the soundtrack to the movie, if you ask me. I haven't noticed much differences with the other songs from the official album compared to the old pre-release unofficial tracks
By RougeGorge
Just open my Sub copy disappointed not see a 12 x 12 artprint of the cover.

By Peek-a-boo
The sound quality of my copy is really disappointing. Tried cleaning the record but it hasn't helped... Bit of a shame...
By dumaisaudio
None of the sub copies had the litho. I believe that Spencer said that he was going to get it to us later, that it wasn't ready in time for the release.
By devilwidget
I think Spencer only mentioned that the notes were not ready in time and would be sent along later, but given DW's history I think we can all safely assume both will arrive in style with the final sub record (although that said, it would be great if they could provide a note in lieu of missing stuff to say it will be along later).
By dumaisaudio
Spencer just posted on Twitter that this is getting a repress due in January.
By deathwaltz
Gear list and sleeve notes will be shipped to subbers along with a replacement Obi for the final part of sub 4 in jan.
By GaryReeves
Just got a copy of this and there is a mark on both sides of the vinyl which goes from the centre right to the edge resulting in a very annoying distortion every time the disc spins ... anyone else seen this? Is this a pressing problem?

Addendum - Yes its definitely a problem with the vinyl ( I thought it may have been dirt). Is there an interim contact email to enquire about a replacement while the big switch-over is going on?
By RougeGorge
[quote=44424]Gear list and sleeve notes will be shipped to subbers along with a replacement Obi for the final part of sub 4 in jan.
[/quote]

Sorry but is somebody got it ?
By jefflynne
...and, what if you're not a subscriber and just a mere pleb who bought the album when DW first sold it?
By deafmetal
I have the same question, and I even picked up a sub copy secondhand.

Incredible album. I would love to know more about it.
By Purplemule74
If you like this album, you really should check out 'Wilderness' by Makeup and Vanity Set. Great stuff.

LINK

By voidhead
Apparently the final subscriber bits (bonus record and BTBR OBI strip + insert) will ship soonish (April/May). At least that's what it said in the email subscribers got in December.

But what I want to know is are the subscribers that got a defect copy of BTBR ever going to get a replacement?
By zuko
Damn, how did I miss this?! Big fan of 88:88.
By kumachan
I've been playing this for the last couple of weeks and will echo how awesome this is! Really looking forward to the vinyl arriving!
By toosoonjunior
I've been enjoying the digital for the past couple weeks while I wait on the records to arrive. I can't recommend Makeup and Vanity Set enough!
By dumaisaudio
@voidhead - I wasn't going to add my frustration to the mix, but since I'm obviously not the only one, I'll chime in, as politely as I can.

I emailed Spencer about my defective copy back in October, a few days after I got my package. Side A has a good amount of surface noise to the point that it's just distracting to listen to. Side B sounds OK. He got back to me saying only 12 or so people had complained, so he was having trouble getting the plant to do a reprint, but to hold tight. I'd email him every month asking for an update, and he'd say he was working on it. After many months of this, I asked him if I could just get a clear copy as a replacement, since it seems apparent the plant isn't repressing it and this would be easier for all involved. He said he could send me a clear copy, but I've yet to receive it, after well over a month or so of when he said it was sent.

At this point, I'm probably just going to drop it and go buy another copy. This is the third time I've ordered something or had something coming from DW UK to me in the US and it hasn't arrived. He sent replacements out and I did get those promptly, but the original copies never showed up, which gives me the impression they were never sent in the first place. I have never had any other issues with getting packages. I don't want to look like someone that's just claiming I never got a package trying to get free stuff. Anyway, I don't blame Spencer, it's just a frustrating situation.