Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Spun out of control
Have some sympathy with @Vapourmire's post... it's all good fun making certain releases desirable with limited runs, but when convention only and sub only sales are also factored in, you're in danger of alienating and/or excluding large sections of your wider fan/customer base.

Having said that, if certain runs are in actuality limited by rights issues and it's not purely a PR stunt then, to an extent, fair enough if you favour those who are paying more, or can make the effort to attend. Obviously those are the guys you want to keep happiest.

On the subject of digital files and BTBR - just hit up DW's main man with an email - he's usually a very reasonable guy..?

(Incidentally, kudos to JagJaguwar for automatically including a link to the sound files in the email notification at the time of purchase)

By dahousen
The issue with WAV files... JagJaguwar included them automatically, DW should have done the same (not Deluxe subber only, come on).

... I'm waiting for my pono player and I want to play STKs in it!!! :D
By Zamppa
According to the page, the DL-versions should be available to everyone who ordered directly from DW. However, I'm not sure if subbers get the wavs right away and the rest of us have to wait until we get the vinyl. If so, that's kinda lame. Oh well, at least it's on Spotify.
By revolver
As a B2B subscriber I didn't get any DL with Godzilla or COTLD, and nothing regarding Beyond the Black Rainbow. I asked a while back if B2B get the files or not and never got an answer from the source!
I went ahead and bought it on Itunes so I can enjoy the music now as well as the movie!
The only DL I got from Death Waltz was for MS.45 and I had to email and ask for it!
Anyways I can't wait for September to finish so I can get my copy black copy of this!
By jefflynne
@revolver...I feel your pain regarding non-answered emails. Unfortunately, it seems to be about a 50/50 chance of getting a reply or not. I appreciate that Death Waltz are having internet woes at the minute, but a quick post on here might help clear up some of the "Are deluxe subs the only ones getting the audio files?" rumours, which seem to have spiralled up out of nowhere, due to an earlier post saying they'd be sent out on Monday 1st and some lucky posters receiving theirs. I'm sure a few words of comfort from DW would help put all this conjecture to bed and let us all look forward to getting our hands on the real thing next week.

It will be next week, won't it...

By reddye6
I'm a B2B subber. I didn't get any music files for Godzilla or City, but I did get files for BTBR.
By Spun out of control
Got sound files for MS.45 when I ordered direct off the DW site - my understanding was that each subsequent new release was going to come with them - and so also got files with my DW orders of the deluxe of COTLD and Godzilla (can't remember whether I had to ask for/chase them direct or not, might have done).

I also ended up with digital files of BTBR, but going by some of the posters in this thread, only because I instead got that title from JagJaguwar.

I see the audio files as a bonus, really - what I'm most interested in is the vinyl package. Otherwise I'd just go to iTunes. :)

Don't think Mondo, Waxwork, AMS, Cineploit or OWS normally offer audio files too? Or certainly not in my experience.
By Voodoo_Jim
@spun out of control - OWS has been sending digital files to subscribers. Cineploit does not sell or give digital downloads, but some of the releases are bundled with CDs.
By Voodoo_Jim
I grabbed BTBR from amazon and it part of their autorip program - instantly had the mp3's in my account on release day.
By Spun out of control
@Voodoo_Jim

Stand corrected re: OWS - didn't know that, but then I'm not currently a subscriber. Agreed Amazon's Autorip is great when it works/is available.

I think making files available to anyone who buys direct - like with Amazon - is the way to go really. Don't just limit to top tier subscribers etc. Include a link in the purchase notification email to anyone spending the money on your release and you're done.
By prettybleak
I'm a deluxe subber, and I think all of these releases should come with digital files regardless of how you get the record. No offense to Death Waltz, Waxwork, OWS or anyone else, but if you're paying $30+ for a record, i feel like that should be included. Most $15 records I buy come with this, some (like "Dance of the Vampires") even come with a nicely packaged bonus cd. I understand that there may be licensing issues regarding digital files that muddy the waters a little bit, but if digital is a go for us, it should be a go for everyone.

just my 2 cents, don't crucify me please :)
By blackwaterrisin
I ended up buying FLAC files from bleep.com.
And I don't care how much you pay for a deluxe sub, digital versions should not be deluxe sub exclusive.
By unpopular_poet
Funny story...I was listening to the digital download earlier today for the first time. Then I hit the play button on my keyboard later, and unbeknownst to me, Black Rainbow through my music app and Far Cry 3 through Spotify started playing simultaneously, and it was awesome.
By VinyLOST
Ahhhh!!!! Been enjoying my copy for the past week!

@Spencer, may I post my BTBR files to share with those who are not deluxe Subbers or whatever reason they are not receiving the file downloads? I will not post the link as requested, but I will share my own personal files since they are the B2B Subbers. Spencer if you can give me a go ahead to share my personal files I will put them on a hosting site or simply email the zip folder. Until you give me the go ahead I will hold off, I just thought it would be fair since they purchased a copy even if it's a black vinyl, they are supporters of the artist and your DW Rec company. Wanted to ask permission before sharing. As a I said, not the link, just the files.

[IMG]http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y46 ... b79fc3.jpg[/IMG]
By Hatter313
friend of mine in the UK let me ship the DW version to his place, can't wait!
By Occhionero
Ok, after reading seven pages. I still have to ask:

Is the only difference between the jag and dw Edition the colour of the vinyl?

Are the covers exactly the same (both record Labels are printed backside? Text on Spin?)

Thx for help!

By Vapourmire
Received the WAV files last night, good times, and i'm not a subber.
By zuko
Me too, nice one Spencer. :)
By kumachan
Can anyone confirm the French DVD has English language available? It seems the assholes that decided to release it in USA put that pesky regioning crap on. Would be nice if I could watch as well as listen to it seeing as it does look quite interesting too...
By deafmetal
For those of you with Amazon Prime accounts, BtBR is available for free streaming there.
By Zamppa
Not sure if it has English language, but you can always try to make your dvd-player region free. Some players have a specific code you can enter with the remote to get rid of regions.
By jefflynne
@kumachan - Are you sure it's had a French release? The only link I could find on Amazon.fr was to the US release. There's an Australian disc (which will be Region 4 locked), but other than those two countries, there doesn't seem to be any other version.
By kumachan
My mistake! It is a French release of a different film "Black Rainbow" in a double pack with "Beyond The City Limits" which is why it comes up in the search. It just shows the importance of looking closely... I guess we can throw it back to Death Waltz to consider branching out into DVDs next!
By manuorru
As @Occhionero, it's not clear for me if there is any difference between DW and JJW edition... Clear vinyl Vs clear with red smoke effect? Cover? Labels?
Probably only Spencer is able to respond...
Thanks in advance!
Manu