Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By VinyLOST
Will not be "The Sacrament ".
By VinyLOST
@Spencer, were us Subbers supposed to get our WAV files Monday, as in (Monday Sept1)? I was just curious because I did not receive any files, did anyone else?
By DISCOSUCKS...
Hey @VinylLOST -- I think from what I've seen elsewhere DW have been without internet since moving and this has held up some bidness, including this I imagine. Stay frosty! ;)
By deathwaltz
Folks , we are still without internet.

Although our provider has promised it should be up today ... As soon as it is wavs will be going out !
By dahousen
Send wavs to the B2B pleaaase :D
Spencer, how many B2B subber are there? Deluxe are 300 isn't it?
By MODAREC
Anyone read anything about there being a sub variant for BTBR?
By lazyben
There's always a sub variant, we just don't know what it is yet.
By lazyben
But it's obviously black rainbow colored vinyl :)
By tonyandrewgiles
Got my WAVs for Black Rainbow but might wait until the lp arrives.
By vegaman
Don't wait! It sounds superb! Especially forever dilating eye.

Thx for the wav's DW,
By Vapourmire
No WAV's as yet, can't wait though.
By philball1974
Yep listening to those WAVs on my ibasso right now. Great bonus having them.
By Purplemule74
I bought a second copy of the 'American' version of the Beyond the Black Rainbow if anyone wants to trade straight across for the DW version. I think the American one is a little less desirable, but maybe there is a completest out there that wants both for their collection...
By deafmetal
I have been listening to the Jagjaguwar pressing the last few days. No complaints here -- really solid gatefold jacket (also love the gatefold artwork) and nice clear vinyl that sounds great. Top-notch soundtrack IMHO. Definitely getting some W.Carlos vibes on a few of the tracks.
By MODAREC
@Lazyben, It's been cool being surprised with the variants for sub 4 to be honest, black with rainbow splatter would look amazing but can't see it being easy to press.
By Vapourmire
Is everyone receiving WAV's or just subbers? No sign of mine just yet.
By blackwaterrisin
Does anyone know a way to get a wav/flac/lossless version of this for non deluxe subbers?

I have the U.S. vinyl version and a b2b sub, but I would really like a lossless digital copy without doing a vinyl rip and Jagjaguwar is only offering mp3s...
By tonyandrewgiles
Gotta say from my first listen I'm not overly blown away by this.

I normally avoid the WAV/MP3 until the vinyl arrives but this has been built up so much I didn't want to wait.

Am I missing something or is this something you need to just sit down and enjoy?
By zuko
@tony – I guess it depends also if you're a fan of the film. My first experience of the BTBR score was with the film, which I imagine is a completely different experience to hearing it 'cold'. The movie is very much more an audio/visual experience than a narrative one.
By lazyben
Yeah, I'm happy to be surprised...although given I'm on the west coast of the US and always receive my copies at least a week after the first UK people do I always know what they look like before they arrive anyway :)

Spencer usually does a good job with the sub colorways but in the end it's only a color anyway.
By tonyandrewgiles
@zuko - I've not actually seen the film yet so maybe I need to check it out then give it another listen.

Thanks for the heads up :)
By Zamppa
Oh wait.. Are the wavs only for deluxe subbers?! I thought they're for everyone who ordered..
By zuko
Yeah so did I. Assumed they would come when the record did. One of the reasons I chose to buy direct rather than for cheaper elsewhere...
By Purplemule74
I received my shipment of BTBR in the mail today; I unfortunately experienced what many of you have raised complaint of for the first time. On corner of my album covered had gotten smashed up a bit from rough handling.

I suspect it was this way pre-shipping. The shipping box itself didn't have a scuff on it.

By Vapourmire
I'm another one who thought WAV's would be coming my way. To be honest i'm getting a little bit fed up with the state of play at the moment, everyone is selling ultra limited, mega-stuff included, virgin wax signed by Jesus's mum etc. vinyl. The market seems to favour the wealthy and not the fans. And it also favours those with lots of time on their hands (try buying a Mondo record, a real lottery). I'm just not entirely sure it's healthy anymore. Give people the same stuff for the same price, give great customer service and reward customers for their loyalty and you can't go far wrong in my opinion. Rant over, sorry.