Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By chandler75
I haven't gotten mine yet, either, but yes - it is supposed to go round & round :)

From Discogs: Track B11 is an untitled lock groove of the "Godzilla Stomp" that does not appear on the tracklist.
By ninjaqutie
Thanks for the confirmation Rasmus! I read so many posts they all begin to blend together! :D
By repulsion
My b2b copy has just arrived. And the lock groove sounds nice - did not know there was one until I read your notes, thanks.

By Pretorius
Yeah its a hidden track.
By whiney
i love my textured sleeve
By Peek-a-boo
I listened to side B (sub version) again tonight. I can't hear a recognisable fault... I haven't played it on my higher fidelity set up yet, just my basic system that I have in the lounge.
By deathwaltz
hey there
So some copies of Godzilla were stamped with a faulty stamper on side 2 , if you have one you will notice immediately as it sounds like a drunk person singing
If yours is affected then please email us and the pressing plant will send you a replacement record (vinyl)

the locked groove was a bit of fun for side B if you can listen to it .

By reddye6
Spencer, is the faulty side B affecting all variants, or is it limited to certain variants?
By DrRhythm
My deluxe seems to be fine on side B - I'm loving the way that the textured sleeve sort of glows red in certain light!
By deathwaltz
It affects one of the stamper ... could be on a sub or atomic depended which press the record was stamped on.
If you have one you'll know immediately.
By Re-animated Cat
That 'Zilla cover! So badass.

I feel that needed to be said once more.
By chandler75
Do you guys remove the plastic on these releases? I'm a little in two minds, since the plastic holds the obo and protects the sleeve.
By chandler75
Oh, and no problems with the B sides on my sub or deluxe copy.
By reddye6
I remove the shrinkwrap but put the album and obi into a regular plastic sleeve.
By chandler75
But "the problem" is that the sub and deluxe editions don't fit into a regular sleeve...
By reddye6
Does the sub sleeve have the texture as well? I have the Bare Bones version, which isn't the textured version, and the plastic sleeve that I used fit fine.
By chandler75
Yes, the sub is exactly the same as the deluxe (textured), just with a different colored vinyl.
By baphomet
Gutted, just caught up with this thread as I have not had chance play Godzilla yet. Put it on and side B all over the place, talk about bad. The Orchestra sound like they had a free bar before hand! How does this get past quality checks? seriously?

I know it is going to be sorted, Spencer's been fantastic over time with any issues I have had but how could this slip through?
By reddye6
Is the Godzilla sub sleeve much bigger than the Forbidden Planet or Ms. 45 sleeves? I used plastic sleeves for those as well. Granted, the sleeves fit (as in no extra room) those, but I was able to use them and not keep on the shrinkwrap.
By siforster
Rather childishly, I'm finding it far too much fun to bugger about with the speed settings during the lock-groove stomp.
By NathanLurker
[quote=26402]But “the problem” is that the sub and deluxe editions don’t fit into a regular sleeve…[/quote]

You need bigger sleeves ! I talked about that in another thread, my local store has the perfect sleeves for the Death waltz oversized gatefold covers, and bagsunlimited.com have different sizes, but they're in the US. if I ever trade LPs with you I'd send some your way, otherwise I could ship some to you but it would cost some shipping so I'm not sure it's worth importing it
By devilwidget
I might be wrong, but I don't think pressing plants or record labels listen to every single copy they make (I would imagine it would be unfeasibly time consuming). Therefore, certain flaws in the pressing of certain batches - like an off centre hole (which I think is the problem here) will occasionally slip through. You can email labels directly too, which I imagine is preferable to a very public "Dude! You fucked up!".
By chandler75
NathanLurker: That would be great! Are you UK based? The sleeves can't weight much, so I can't imagine the shipping would be too bad. I'd be willing to pay extra for your time, obviously. Can you email me? rasmus (dot) drews (at) gmail.com.
By lazyben
Another farked sub copy of Godzilla here. It's so wonky that watching the tonearm makes me dizzy as it sways back and forth like me after a dozen too many grown up beverages.

On the plus side it looks badass on an acrylic platter.