Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By EdKings
Hope all goes well with mine.. Still waiting for it to be delivered. (CotlD deluxe and Godzilla deluxe) Ordered right away when it went live. Or maybe I shouldn't look at all those photo teases you guys post! ....WAITING! :p
By RandomHajile
I've had my LITA box containing Slumber Party and City of the Living Dead Deluxe sitting on my couch for about a week. A close friend of mine died last Friday, and I never got to opening it. My friend was also into weird or obscure film as well as dark or moody music, blues, funk. HIs memorial was Wednesday, and last night I finally opened the box and started to marvel at the contents.

I had never seen COTLD, the film. I liked Zombie a lot, so I figured I couldn't go wrong. I opened COTLD first, and let the texture of the sleeve, amazing artwork, beautiful colored vinyl, and lengthy sleeve notes wash over me as I read the notes and heard the score for the first time. It felt incredible after the grief I had been experiencing for the past 6 days. Thank you, Spencer, for putting out such quality, unique and fun product. Looking forward to many more.
By fac179
I'm writing because I simply want to know how the music is!

I don't give a fuck about how long it takes to ship or a fucking bent corner, but is it a scorcher of sorts? Is it as good as Zombi 2? Minimal creepiness and that?

I haven't bought horror vinyl since Mondo's Halloween bullshit. What a pain in the fucking ass, and it sucks.
By fac179
Judjud
By NathanLurker
yes fac179 it's as good as zombi. a bit different, it's less tropical, but you get a lot of Zombi and The Beyond moments in COTLD.

The main ''Zombi-like'' track you'll get there is Apoteosi del Mistero :
[video]http://youtu.be/gWd6_jIT3EM[/video]

I also like this one here :
[video]http://youtu.be/lzAr1wsgQhM[/video]

This is enough to convince you. Buy it man, and you'll be ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US !

By deathwaltz
Hey I am sorry I completely missed this , I am sorry for your loss.

This post is by far the best thing I have read on here, the fact that a record we released helped you in a time of grief is amazing to me and absolutley makes it worthwhile I screengrabbed this and sent it to Fabio.

I'll have a drink to your friend tonight.

By BigMeanPunk
Has anyone who got the e-mail from LITA saying the Deluxe was oversold, heard anything yet? The e-mail said they were going to get more but that was the last I heard. That e-mail came on July 29th.
By fab6roses
I've just return from holidays and noticed that my B2B COTLD and Godzilla are not arrived yet... Is there any european / french barebones subscribers here to tell me if they received their first B2B package and when ? Thank you !
By albatard
Got my subs around the end of july Fab, but it's the deluxe sub, not the b2b...
By dahousen
I recieved my B2B early august
By fab6roses
Thank you for the quick answer guys, mail sent to DW....
By flapdoodle
Good luck with that.
By jamesschmidtke
Yeah I just canceled my Lita deluxe order
Bigmeanpunk, I didn't really understand how I was literally on the dot with placing the order and it was up for hours afterword. This and the f13 have seriously put me off the soundtrack scene, I'll always cop death waltz rsd releases tho, those were too beautiful
By BigMeanPunk
I emailed the orders guy and he replied that they are still working to find out what the status is, and he will let me know... How long does it take to tell them that it is gone or not? It just sucks that it seems that they don't take into consideration who ordered when. It also sucks they didn't get enough to cover pre-orders... I ordered it as soon as it went up too. Within 2 minutes of it going live...

By jamesschmidtke
Yeah some dudes here told me the placed their order way after the pre order dropped and got theirs without delay. Only thing I can think is that I pre ordered phantom at the same time and that had a later release date (canceled that too one heard the whole thing) so maybe they only fulfilled orders that had just cotld.
By BigMeanPunk
After the delays that plagued Cannibal Ferox, if I am doing a pre-order I don't order anything else. I will pay the couple extra bucks in shipping. so when there is a delay I don't get held up for other items.

By teenagegrubworm
I was one of the ones who ordered early from LITA and didn't get my copy also.

I just received this response regarding the copy?

;"Hey there,

We still have not received the extra copies of this title unfortunately. The last I heard was that they were manufacturing more copies. I will let you know as soon as I hear when they are due to arrive, I promise."

Thanks,

Manufacturing more copies of the 350 deluxe limited???? I am beginning to feel I will never get mine
By BigMeanPunk
That makes no sense.... I was just hoping that DW had some that weren't put on sale on the main site and would be fulfilling orders that way....
By teenagegrubworm
The email made no sense to me either, I can't see DW repressing more of the deluxe because LITA fucked up and oversold their allotted copies.

By bitewerks
After a long delay, I finally ordered CoTLD! Definitely looking forward to it as I haven't been buying music at all for the past few months.
By deafmetal
I wanted to follow-up on this thread and report that this is pretty much my favorite release of 2014. Although it will never surpass Zombie Flesh Eaters for me, which I have always considered a holy grail of film soundtracks, I do love the overall feel of CotLD as a more complete soundtrack album. There is a creeping sleaze going on in Frizzi's music, which will at times slowly tighten the screws and ramp up the overall tension. Even though I could listen to mellotron choirs all day long, there is obviously a maestro at the keys.

The icing on the cake is the deluxe Death Waltz treatment. Fantastic sound quality, presentation, and liner notes. Please keep up the excellent work. I look forward to hearing the remastered Zombie Flesh Eaters, and I already assume it will be a knockout presentation.
By teenagegrubworm
Months after everyone else received their copy of the deluxe City of the Living dead, I recieved my copy that LITA oversold and it looks like it's a Subscriber copy, black/burgundy with red splatter
By bitewerks
My copy is out for delivery today. Pretty excited about finally getting it!

I go back n' forth over which film is my favorite, Zombie or City of the Living Dead. If one wins over the other, it's only by a hair.