Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By lazyben
I'm not moaning and I actually like the quotes (not the information free spines though) but it does make filing a pain in the ass when you are hopeless with quotes. I file soundtracks by title (mainly) and it's easy to find the album when you're looking for it but I have to pull it out to find out what it is half the time when I'm filing other records on the same rack.

It's no worse than all the other spine issues (no text at all, heavy wear rendering it illegible etc) that we all have to work around.

It's also less of a problem with the newer sleeves as they're so large and distinctive.
By lazyben
Disco, maybe try a different language as well?
By deathwaltz
You'll just have to give us our own section Ben ;)
By lazyben
I can't do that as there are some albums that I have the DW version and another version of and if these were filed separately my head would explode :)
By Ptflea2
fanboys/collectors/vinyl geeks are crazy OCD yo :)
By deathwaltz
Haha
I have mine broken down into Italian , Library, 30-60s, 70s, 80's , 90s , current and current reissues.

By chuck
Fuck me guys. Whatever happened to alphabetical order (by artist)

Mind you, my record are all over the place at the moment. Around 500 lps to organise. Watch this space.
By Garmonbozia
I alphabetize my soundtracks by film title. I don't have 5000 soundtracks or anything, but it's pretty easy, even if I don't know the quote by heart, to deduce through basic alphabetic knowledge to quickly find my DW albums. Like, it's really easy. I love the quotes. Please don't ever stop them.
By scottydoo
Ok not had the deluxes yet but looking at the retail versions we have in the shop both godzilla and city have the quotes under the obi , so move the obi and then it's like nothing ever happened ;)
By DISCOSUCKS...
DOH!

I can't believe I'm that stupid.

Oh wait.....yes I can.

A very sheepish thank-you to @scottydo, and apologies to DW sensai for ever doubting him. I'm gonna go away now and drive my fingers into hot sand 200x as punishment.

By maxvelvet
[quote=25536]No-one is listening to me…..there is no quote on COTLD!![/quote]

True story! :D Faster with that hands, MOVE! :D
By Alekspectre
Even if i prefer the priv4te version (maniacopurist i am sometimes), i find this Deluxe edition very beautiful. The texture gatefold cover and booklet look very classy.Ahhhh If i have more money... :)
By Peek-a-boo
I was wondering if anyone has received their sub version in the post yet? I work a very boring office job but our late night collection from the Royal Mail office is tonight. Would be well pleased if it's arrived!
By Peek-a-boo
Postman not been yet. It's like waiting for Xmas day, every delivery...
By dumaisaudio
My soundtrack section is organized by Death Waltz, Mondo, Waxwork, OWS, then reissues, and originals. Keep on doing what you're doing Spencer!
By esteban
Just received COTLD in the mail last night. A wonderful surprise, since I'm in the US and was not expecting this so quickly. I literally got it on its release day!

I still have not been able to listen to it, but I will say this: what a thing of beauty! Easily the very best DW release in my collection so far. A big thank you to all involved in making this happen!

What I really loved about this release:
- The thick, sturdy sleeve.
- The booklet.
- The numerous liner notes.
- The fact that there is NO poster.
- The fact that there's a digital download to go with the release. As long as the download is in WAV or FLAC format, I couldn't be happier. I am not necessarily a fan of vinyl that's sourced from digital files (99% of the cases nowadays, I know), and I am definitely not a fan of colored vinyl, so this is the best of both worlds. I can admire the artwork, read the liner notes, hold a tangible item in my hand, and enjoy the convenience of a digital file. I'm all for analog sound and prefer it in a lot of cases over digital, and even have a tube amp, but, again, let's not fool ourselves. Pretty much everything nowadays is sourced from digital files, so having the option of listening to that source is a great plus in my book.

And a few suggestions, of course (wouldn't be a true collector if I didn't nitpick!):
- How about offering hi-res digital files as well? 24/96 FLAC files would be absolutely terrific. I'm assuming these new digital re-masterings have all been done at least at that resolution and bit-rate (it'd be a real shame if they weren't), and most player/streamers/receivers nowadays can accept up to 24/192, so why not? Now, THAT would TRULY be the best of both worlds! In all honesty, I would probably never play the actual record if I had a great-sounding hi-res digital file. But I would certainly admire the entire package.

- I know I am REALLY nitpicking here, but any chance that the liner notes could be printed on a different type of paper, one that is not a fingerprint-magnet? It's impossible to flip the pages without leaving some nasty stains on them, unless one wears gloves...

- The jacket is a thing of beauty, as I said, but my only problem is that the height (not the thickness) is non-standard, so I can't find any after market outer sleeves that will actually fit the thing inside. There's no way to protect the box/sleeve. If anybody knows of any over-sized outer sleeves, please let me know.

- The artwork. I can only imagine how mind-bogglingly stunning this release would have been had it used the original artwork. ANY variant of it. I know I am not alone on this one. The one in the inside front cover would have been such a joy to behold on this paper/sleeve type! I'm honestly not a fan of any of the original covers so far. Please do consider the inclusion of the original artwork. There's really no way of beating that, specially when it comes to Italian films of this vintage.

Finally, loved the OBI strip!

Again, thanks to all involved with this release. Looking forward to more Frizzi/DW in 2014.
By NathanLurker
Esteban, is the size of the jacket the same as The Fog, Maniac, Sub3 titles etc ? if yes, my local store have plastic sleeves in which they fit, I'll go see them check which brand of sleeves they're using.
By devilwidget
Surely having new, original artwork is at least half the point? I would cancel my sub in a heartbeat if it stopped being as much about interesting new art as it is about the music. I would have liked a poster, but otherwise this release is perfect.
By ninjaqutie
I have a tiny collection and I have mine separated into OST and non OST. Non OST are filed alphabetically by band/artist name (artist by last name, first name). OST is by the soundtrack title. I had them integrated into the entire collection and filed by producer name, but that was too confusing for my hubby since he doesn't know the producers, so now they are separate and filed by soundtrack title/movie title.

I was all for have them separated, but I still wanted them filed by producer, but he hated that idea. The thing is, he won't even really listen to them (though he does have a few of his own). I accommodated him anyway; the things we do for love...
By toosoonjunior
My Vampyr LP took 3+ weeks to arrive here in TX. I haven't received Le Matos yet, but I waited and ordered one of the last 10 copies, so I'll expect to see it in a week or so.
By esteban
[quote=25830]Esteban, is the size of the jacket the same as The Fog, Maniac, Sub3 titles etc ? if yes, my local store have plastic sleeves in which they fit, I’ll go see them check which brand of sleeves they’re using.[/quote]

Hi Nathan. Yes, I think they are all the same "extra-large" size. I would appreciate the info, thanks!
By Peek-a-boo
Really want to take the shrink wrap off the COTLD to check the booklet, but as a rule I only split the seam of my jackets so I can take the wax out & play it.

Anyone got any photos?
By toosoonjunior
Peek-a-boo, you really never take the shrink off of gatefolds? I typically leave the shrink on standard LPs because there's nothing left to see, but always remove them from gatefolds so I can see what's inside. A lot of the time, if someone took the time to make a gatefold, it's because they had some sweet artworkor liner notes to share! I say rip the shrink off and enjoy! :)
By Peek-a-boo
I know, I just like to keep the jackets really pristine. I also buy polythene bags for all my records, so essentially they get doubly wrapped.