Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deathwaltz
Discuss City Of The Living Dead here
By tonyandrewgiles
I am excited for this :)
By nick1972
Do we get the mp3s with this one Spencer ?
By Alekspectre
Who decided the new track configuration on the new edition?
By Dollarhyde
the film is on amazon instant video for folks that have access (in the UK at least). watched a little bit, the films seems a bit bonkers. Will hopefully watch it in it's entirety tonight.
By dahousen
mp3? When are FLAC or WAV files going to be avaliable?

Killer release! Very exited with it and the extra Frizzi live track.
By repulsion
Bonkers? Pffffff....
By bpwlogan
Remember seeing this film as a kid. I think it was called The Gates Of Hell here in the States. My Dad would take us to see anything we wanted. For the most part me and my brother would pick out the most cheep tasteless movies to go see. I'm looking forward to this release. This and Godzilla were the main reason I renewed as a subscriber.
By Dollarhyde
I enjoyed the movie I still stand by my comment the films bloody mental in terms of plot. Some brilliant imagery though. loved the bleeding eyes and gut regurgatation, and the lady waking up in the coffin. It kinda spooked me out in places too, the zombies when John-John is running round the town!

was wondering what the spine quote would be on the DW release.

'This morning she was inside a coffin at the funeral home, and now she's here in my kitchen!'

also reminded me of this : D

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIJqg8cO9wg[/video]
By deathwaltz
Yes you'll get digital files with this release.
I have to say this is one of my Fave Fulci films , I love the atmosphere (Opening scenes are incredible) and it is so bonkers and over the top. Fabio's score on this film is simply outsanding .
Fabio and Beat supplied the track list.
By Alekspectre
Discover it in 1986, it was a shock visually (heavy atmosphere) and musically with this haunted score that inspire me until today. Happy to see this masterpiece available again in lp and cd.
By reelybored
@spencer I agree, absolutely love this score. Was going to pull trigger on private but held back when you announced DWS release. Looking forward to this once without a doubt!
By dumaisaudio
So the tracklisting is different between the Private and DW releases. Looks like the DW trades some of the alternate versions for outtakes? Spencer, can you discuss the differences? Obviously you worked with Fabio on this, are these outtakes or just different titles to the alt tracks? I saw from Fabio's Instagram that this is also getting a CD reissue on Beat, but can't find info on it to see if maybe all these tracks will be on the CD reissue.
By reddye6
Here is info about the CD: http://www1.screenarchives.com/title_de ... I-VIVENTI/

When DW first mentioned this release, I seem to remember the CD coming up and that the tracklisting and the DW release are the same.
By deathwaltz
We have one cue that Fulci hated , him and fabio had quite the row about it not being used (many years later Fulci agreed it was a great cue !) He had quite the temper apparently (Some very funny sleevenotes from Giovanni in our release)
This is the score plus an unreleased cue and live suite.
No outtakes as such
this is Fabio's vision .
By eurocult
Really looking forward to this. Any news on pre-ordering through LITA?
By dumaisaudio
Thanks for the insight. The Private version with outtakes seems to be exclusive then, more geared towards die hard fans I guess. I'll just stick with the DW version I think.
By flapdoodle
This film was the Holy Grail for me when I was a kid. Just as I started to get into horror films at the age of eleven, and used to get my Dad to rent them out for me at our local video store (Oscar's in Nelson!) they were all gone - banned. It now seems insane that these films were banned. City of the Living Dead wasn't banned, but it was difficult to find locally - until a copy turned up in another local store with that fantastic cover art... Excited? An understatement...

There then followed many years of hunting around dodgy back street shops in Manchester and market stalls on flea market day looking for people selling dodgy fifth generation copies of these movies.

Great film, right from the atmospheric opening with Fabio Frizzi's fantastic music. Of course, the UK version in those pre-vra days was heavily cut. Fast forward to the 1990s and you can order DVDs from abroad and risk them being seized by customers. At last! An uncut version of the movie from somewhere in Europe (Sazuma?) along with copies of The Beyond, Zombi Holocaust and all the others, totally uncut.

Looking forward to this release, even though I already have it on CD... Along with Living Dead at Manchester Morgue.
By Ptflea2
It was released as Gates of Hell in the states on Paragon video. I probably rented it five or six times when I was in high school. Even though it was difficult to make out what was happening in most of the film (especially the night scenes) I absolutely loved the atmosphere, the crazy subplot with Bob, the over the top gore and of course the soundtrack :)

Can't wait for this release.
By deathwaltz
Whenever people tell me this film is rubbish I just 'but it has teleporting Zombies - shut up '
By liftman2013
Haha you sound like your opening pitch when you introduced the film for the horror channel Spence!
By thenuthouse
I'll have a review of the Private reissue on Starburst's site at some point soon.
By Whip Wilson
@thenuthouse - Toss a link up when you do, please!
By oaxaca
Just ordered a copy of Priv4te/Stella Records' City of the Living Dead. It was sold out but Janis has had a few blue and clear vinyl copies pressed as the first run was an underproduction. I'll probably end up getting DWs version too, if its sufficiently different. Could be my first vinyl double dip :p
By thenuthouse
For those curious regarding the Priv4te / Stella reissue, my review's up at Starburst Magazine's site. It's actually pretty good. They do a nice job.

CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD LP REVIEW