Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Re-animated Cat
Wired pretty much nailed it with that release then.
By lazyben
It's not so much that post as the fact that you pop up whining every time someone disparages hipsters or mondo.

Methinks someone doth protest too much.
By siforster
Is it Footloose? 2 Oscar noms right there for that one.
By DISCOSUCKS...
Must state (for the record! and since there's a bit of related-debate raging below...) that I'm not having a cheap pop at Mondo with this "sight gag" - just keeping the @lazyben in-joke alive is all, in a slightly over-elaborate manner :)
(which, now I think about it, is a totally hipster thing to do!!! aaarghhhhhhh, I have revealed myself, the facade comes crashing.....nyarlotep....urgh..nhuh-nhu-c-c-cthulhu....mother of a thousand goats........nyurgh..nhuh-nhuh gglllrrg...mustn't...black....out........)

(This was the last entry in his diary.)
By DISCOSUCKS...
Yep. Footloose. Nailed it. Done deal. Nice one Si.
By philball1974
Problem is, if you're into something long enough you'll have to carry the hipster banner at some point. Like this fucking beard!!
By antimax
So you're saying people are buying the Jurassic Park LP only because MONDO is releasing it? Not because it's one of the most popular films of all time, with a HUGE diehard fan base? This makes no sense to me.
By Re-animated Cat
I didn't realise the Jurassic Park soundtrack has such a cult following. I've therefore retracted my comment. I'm not messing with any diehards. I have a family. ;)
By Re-animated Cat
^^Hey, I thought we'd agreed NOT to post that photo again...
By antimax
PS: I am not one of the diehards, haha...
By DISCOSUCKS...
I p/shopped the colours too, sorry dude :(

But hey - just planting seeds!
By philball1974
According to imdb Jurassic park is ranked #248

I've nothing against mondo apart from their $20 dollar uk shipping cost.

By antimax
[quote=19264]According to imdb Jurassic park is ranked #248[/quote]

Oh, IMDB… It's one of the top-grossing films of all time… Anyways, I'm gonna stop talking about this unrelated subject on this thread, ha.
By philball1974
[quote=19249]Not because it’s one of the most popular films of all time,[/quote]

Clearly a difference between popularity and profit.

The formula for calculating the Top Rated 250 Titles gives a true Bayesian estimate:
weighted rating (WR) = (v ÷ (v+m)) × R + (m ÷ (v+m)) × C
Where:
•R = average for the movie (mean) = (Rating)
•v = number of votes for the movie = (votes)
•m = minimum votes required to be listed in the Top 250 (currently 25000)
•C = the mean vote across the whole report (currently 7.0)

For the Top 250, only votes from regular voters are considered.

Either way its not part of the DW sweepstake and I really couldnt care less. I dont like the score, but the art work looks ace.
By soundtracks of fear
So what's the answer already? Release date? Maybe Spencer could tell us every couple of days or so what it's not and disco can cross em off the list, until we get to the winner! :)
That is if it is on the list at all?
Any clues for us who didn't see the picture?
By pmaligaya
My guess is The Warriors. The soundtrack by Barry De Vorzon has never been released on vinyl in full. I find the music from this movie similar to the recently reissued soundtracks to the New York Ripper, The Bronx Warriors, Ms. 45, Cannibal Ferox, and the forthcoming The New Barbarians.
By pmaligaya
Aha, well that's great if Waxwork is releasing it. In that case, my guess would be Godzilla 1954, which somebody already mentioned. I bet if DW does this, it's going to include the sound effects from the movie, not just the music.
By cookythecook
looks like godzilla is the winner! :) awesome. great work spencer!
By deathwaltz
Godzilla is the winner
Also a few other guesses may or may not be correct so prizes as and when !
By layneharvey
i was gonna say godzilla. does that count?
By DISCOSUCKS...
WINNER!!!

Although to be fair with this release....I think we all are ;)
By lazyben
Disco, I want the music from THAT godzilla!!!