Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
@deaf

I reckon its some UV coloured light shenanigans, I would hope they would highlight if it was GITD

I hope so anyway I may grab this.

Also @deaf is this not on the WW mega box set?
By inksb
deafmetal wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:10 pm
deafmetal wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:34 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:10 pm - Godzilla soundtrack series begins in a few weeks starting with Return of Godzilla, followed by Godzilla VS Destroyah (also artwork for Space Amoeba and Matango is talked about (not shown)) (17 or 18 Toho titles in total - also non Godzilla)
The Heisei era Godzilla films do not excite me, but if Mondo/DWRC has the Toho catalog license to release the OST's for their 60's/70's scifi/horror films like Space Amoeba and Matango then that is very big news. There is some great material in there that has not been fully released on vinyl to my knowledge.
Alright, so this is starting up this week along with teases which seem to indicate we will see Matango/Space Amoeba/etc, but help me understand what I'm seeing from Death Waltz on their product... is the 140gm "Heat-Ray" vinyl really glow-in-the-dark wax? I saw one of their IG stories and it looked like the LP sleeve and this vinyl were glowing? or is it just UV-reactive?
I really hope not. I love Return of Godzilla and want this score but if it's on glow in the dark I'm gonna be skipping it and waiting for the black if there is one.
By Bub
inksb wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:50 pm
deafmetal wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:10 pm
deafmetal wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:34 pm

The Heisei era Godzilla films do not excite me, but if Mondo/DWRC has the Toho catalog license to release the OST's for their 60's/70's scifi/horror films like Space Amoeba and Matango then that is very big news. There is some great material in there that has not been fully released on vinyl to my knowledge.
Alright, so this is starting up this week along with teases which seem to indicate we will see Matango/Space Amoeba/etc, but help me understand what I'm seeing from Death Waltz on their product... is the 140gm "Heat-Ray" vinyl really glow-in-the-dark wax? I saw one of their IG stories and it looked like the LP sleeve and this vinyl were glowing? or is it just UV-reactive?
I really hope not. I love Return of Godzilla and want this score but if it's on glow in the dark I'm gonna be skipping it and waiting for the black if there is one.
Looks like they will also have a red variant available & the retail variant will be pressed on 140 Gram recycled eco vinyl.
By deafmetal
Dollarhyde wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:34 pm @deaf

I reckon its some UV coloured light shenanigans, I would hope they would highlight if it was GITD

I hope so anyway I may grab this.

Also @deaf is this not on the WW mega box set?
WW box was only Shōwa era films and ended with Terror of Mechagodzilla from 1975. It looks like DWRC/Mondo have the license for the Heisei era films along with other Shōwa era kaiju films like Matango and Space Amoeba.
By Dollarhyde
@deaf Ah, thanks, I thought it was something like that, I get confused with all these Godzilla movies. the showa era is only up to 75! I'm secretly hoping DW also has licences for some of those showa era Godzilla scores from the boxset too! Were they hinting at ebirah terror from the deep? But matango and space ameoba would be awesome.
By inksb
Looks like they actually have these in hand? I don't see any pre-order dates on the purchase page. I completely forgot that Mondo jacked up their Media Mail shipping to $9.
By BurningTapes
inksb wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:05 pm These are incoming from DW according to the Return of Godzilla obi

I got the privilege of mastering Space Amoeba for Toho and Death Waltz. It’s a total gem! Very cool indeed. I’m told the package is pretty great too, so I’m looking forward to that.
By inksb
BurningTapes wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:12 am
I got the privilege of mastering Space Amoeba for Toho and Death Waltz. It’s a total gem! Very cool indeed. I’m told the package is pretty great too, so I’m looking forward to that.
That's awesome and honestly kind of surprising Toho even let you touch it. From what I've been told they are super protective of their properties and do all of their restoration stuff in house. Although this was specific to the big G so maybe Space Amoeba they are more relaxed on?
By Bezulsqy
only an observation: we are up to catalog number DW183 (and there is DW200 and after that DW220). But before DW183 most spots have been released. But DW080 up to DW100 are still missing...
By inksb
New score from Ben Lovett for the new Hellraiser film availble for pre-order

2LP - $40 - estimated ship date of February '23

https://mondoshop.com/products/hellrais ... track-2xlp

It's actually a really good score, I listened this morning as it's been put up on DSP's. I'm not paying Mondo $50+ for it though. What's even more baffling is their represses of Hellraiser 1-3 are all $30 for 2LP's.

I'll wait and see what Lakeshore's price will be on it. I also really dislike Mondo's art on the Hellraiser series.

By NathanLurker
I ordered that even though yes it's expensive. I was tempted to wait for the Lakeshore edition but wasn't sure they'll have one. In any case I'm looking forward to watching the movie. I don't really have expectations but the trailer looks good.
By inksb
Dredd - Paul Leonard Morgan - $45

Wed 12 CT like usual

Love the simple jacket design and the obi works well. Guess we are seeing the new pricing for Mongo. Getting easier and easier to skip releases.
DREDD - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP (10th Anniversary Edition). Original soundtrack by Paul Leonard-Morgan. Artwork by Luke Preece. Mondo exclusive pressed on 2x 140g Dredd and Slo-Mo vinyl. Includes a bonus disc of remixes and neo-classical piano reinterpretations. Initial pressing housed inside a spot-varnished slipcase. $45
By inksb
NathanLurker wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:48 am Yeah I have the first release of Dredd, so, I'll pass on this. I agree it looks good. If the remixes are available digital I might look into that.
They should be up on streaming. I was listening yesterday
By Bezulsqy
After seeing the new Hellraiser spins I noticed I haven't bought any DWRC release in a long long time. That Hellraiser has catalog number DW248 already.
The last release I bought was Nightmare City in 2021...
After that one mainly Godzilla stuff was released and I just do not know a lot about those movies and scores.
Between DW187 and DW248 there have only been 14 releases. So strange. I believe all the pressing plants issues from the last couple of years really hit Mondo and DWRC hard.