Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By havershaw
There are a small handful of pops and clicks on mine (not many at all).
Who knows if that’s because of white vinyl or not, but if you have a clean-sounding copy, i would just hang onto it.

They still haven’t answered me about getting a replacement jacket. Mine had a big crease in both the slipcover and the jacket itself.
By inksb
I'm going to post this here as well since I have a feeling it's going to get buried in the thread I posted it in.

It's in reference to Sette Note In Nero. Any who has the record could you give this spot a listen and let me know what happens on your copy.

On Side B, please check the last 20 seconds of Ritrovamento Del Cadavere (3rd to last track). The little keyboard lick at the end distorts really bad on my copy. I haven't had a chance to do a full wet/vacuum clean yet but this is the point that I am having issues with (it is the only distortion I've heard on the first LP). I checked the digital copy I have and the distortion is there but much harder to hear, I'm wondering if it's the frequencies that my turntable is just having an issue with and distorting problematic part in the recording, making it worse than it already is.
By Occhionero
layneharvey wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:18 pm
jgibbs4053 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:13 pm I emailed Mondo and they sent me a return label and will replace for white one
same here. it sounds like they were not aware that some black ones were pressed. makes me wonder if i send it back and i get another black one. almost at the point where i just keep the black copy. 😀
It’s not black! It’s „Nero Colored“ Vinyl. 😄
...but I was surprised, too. Mine isn’t white either.
By Bub
Occhionero wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:13 pm
jgibbs4053 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:13 pm I emailed Mondo and they sent me a return label and will replace for white one
same here. it sounds like they were not aware that some black ones were pressed. makes me wonder if i send it back and i get another black one. almost at the point where i just keep the black copy. 😀
Occhionero! I love seeing the forum OGs pop back in here. As a matter of fact, that whole quoted exchange looks like
something straight out of 2014!

Oh, and Sette Note In Nero is now sold out at Mondo. I wonder if they just pulled the remaining copies to sort out the issue.
By inksb
I wanted to update everyone on my Sette Note In Nero situation. @bez was kind enough to record his copy with his phone at the moment I was getting distortion. His sounds much better than mine. I had time today to actually clean my record and do a play test. It seems to have been something in the groove causing issues. After cleaning it the issue is much less pronounced, it's still there a little but it's much more tolerable now. If I had the ability to get it ultrasonically cleaned I bet that would actually get what ever is in the groove out of it. I recorded the audio with my phone just to have a frame of reference, I uploaded it so others can hear what's happening if they are interested.

The first clip is from @bez, second is my copy uncleaned w/ distortion, third is after I cleaned it. https://soundcloud.com/user-885116196/s ... -nero-clip
By inksb
Any of you listen to the new soundtrack to Possessor that DW just released? I really want to see the film, soundtrack seems pretty good, I'll probably grab a copy next time they do "free shipping"
By vinyljunkie
inksb wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:46 pm Any of you listen to the new soundtrack to Possessor that DW just released? I really want to see the film, soundtrack seems pretty good, I'll probably grab a copy next time they do "free shipping"
Loved the film! one of the best this year -- gave the score a listen on its own, nice but don't think Id spin it that often -- cool artwork though!
By Occhionero
Bub wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:14 pm
Occhionero wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:13 pm

Occhionero! I love seeing the forum OGs pop back in here. As a matter of fact, that whole quoted exchange looks like
something straight out of 2014!

Oh, and Sette Note In Nero is now sold out at Mondo. I wonder if they just pulled the remaining copies to sort out the issue.
Thanks mate. Still a great place to be....
By Bezulsqy
tonight is another youtube stream with Mondo/Death Watlz, Terrorvision, and others. I will not be able to watch it live. But if anyone else does I wouldn't mind if someone could asks some questions.

for one: how long does a license to release a title generally last? For instance, around 2015-2016 Spencer mentioned he had acquired the rights to 20 or so giallo titles, but if my counting is correct he only released about a dozen.

When do you decide to tease a release? Is it when you are so existed that you cannot contain yourself and tell all about a title (that in reality will take another couple of years to release)?

(might be sensitive) How do you feel about Waxwork records also planning on releasing kaiju records? Does this remind you about the Argento releases or doesn't it really matter because there is enough pie to go around?

Are there enough releases to share? Does the competition between labels increase? A lot of older soundtracks have had re-issues already, how many more are left?

Also I would love to see a lot of random STBC posts :-)
By Mateo Sanboval
Have they answered these kinds of inside baseball questions before, Bez?
By Bezulsqy
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:10 pm Have they answered these kinds of inside baseball questions before, Bez?
Last time they did answer a lot of questions. Mainly about how they pick titles, what goes into creating a package, what is your holy grail, etc.
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:58 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:10 pm Have they answered these kinds of inside baseball questions before, Bez?
Last time they did answer a lot of questions. Mainly about how they pick titles, what goes into creating a package, what is your holy grail, etc.
Gotcha. I remain doubtful your queries would be selected, and skeptical of the responses if they do, but hope they are all the same.
By Bezulsqy
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:15 pm
Gotcha. I remain doubtful your queries would be selected, and skeptical of the responses if they do, but hope they are all the same.
Well it doesn't really matter in the end. But the Art of Soundtrack panel they did last time was okay. This time less labels take part I believe. And Terror Vision gets the most love I feel.
By Bezulsqy
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:20 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:15 pm

Well it doesn't really matter in the end. But the Art of Soundtrack panel they did last time was okay. This time less labels take part I believe. And Terror Vision gets the most love I feel.
I watched the stream this morning and it wasn't as informative or fun as the last time but it did contain two things worth mentioning:

Milan still has the rights to Pan's Labyrinth and are looking into doing a re-issue.

Aaron form Ship to Shore asked (at 36:00 mark) if someone is releasing the keep on vinyl as it is going to be in the 10CD box. Spencer answered that he asked Universal and they told him they are not interested in anyone doing the Keep on vinyl.
By Mateo Sanboval
That is interesting. I wonder how the WWR fan club FB group is reacting to that news.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:13 pm Spencer answered that he asked Universal and they told him they are not interested in anyone doing the Keep on vinyl.
This is infuriating to me. "We have the rights, but have no plans to do anything with it, or make any kind of money with it"

It's like buying a pizza leaving it in the freezer forever
By ScoJo
Sorry if I'm repeating a refrain, but I do urge y'all to listen to this Keep release before becoming unduly bummed about it's lack of a wax release - it has very very little material that is featured in the film, and contains some really wacky stuff that Froese 'augmented' in the 90s. It was released by TDI as a limited CD in 1999. You can listen to the whole thing on TDs Youtube channel if you haven't heard it.

Maybe you will dig it enough as an LP that you'd still feel burning desire to have a copy on wacky-splatter over priced wax by one of the usual suspects, myself I couldn't be less interested. I have all this stuff digitally and never choose to listen to it over the abundant 'fan made' versions of the score.

By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:41 pm Sorry if I'm repeating a refrain, but I do urge y'all to listen to this Keep release before becoming unduly bummed about it's lack of a wax release - it has very very little material that is featured in the film, and contains some really wacky stuff that Froese 'augmented' in the 90s. It was released by TDI as a limited CD in 1999. You can listen to the whole thing on TDs Youtube channel if you haven't heard it.

Maybe you will dig it enough as an LP that you'd still feel burning desire to have a copy on wacky-splatter over priced wax by one of the usual suspects, myself I couldn't be less interested. I have all this stuff digitally and never choose to listen to it over the abundant 'fan made' versions of the score.

I’m seconding this HARD. I’ve known about the keep form waxwork for years now and kept my mouth shut and am amazed it’s taken this long to kind of bubble out, but I didn’t know it was going to be or planned to be THIS recording that ScoJo is referring to. It’s really not what we want and any of the myriad boots that have been made over the years are better for what we want. I mean, maybe I’m speaking for people out of turn, but For me, I want what’s in the film...and for some reason getting that officially is just apparently never gonna happen.
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:04 am
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:29 pm Repress time.

Edit: re-cut time.
1/21
Get that thing back in your trousers, man!