Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
These two libraries, for me, are real masterpieces in the early electronic genre. I was torn between these two and News! News! News! & Lost Star.
I'm cheating here and slipping a copy of Amore inside the blade runner gatefold, too tough to choose between these two.
Again, torn between these two Morricone, so cheating and taking them both.
This could really be any of the radiophonic workshop records, but this is the only one I own (I'm sure I had fourth dimension somewhere?) They are all equally worthy.This stuff was my very early entry into a deep fascination with soundtrack and experimental electronics.
Next, Queen Millennia represents my love for all things leiji Matsumoto, a relatively new admiration, for me it's a good OST, but also an awesome anime movie, as are all the other leiji Matsumoto movies e.g. GE999 etc...
So this is the grave of the fireflies image album, not OST, but still represents the film so well. The jewel in the crown here is a12 minute long opus by Masahiko Sato (of Bella Donna of sadness fame). I watched this film with my dad for the first time a couple of years ago, I'm a pretty thick skinned guy but damn! did I cry my eyes out watching this film. literally parts of the film were a blur through tears :D having a young daughter did not help one bit. The movie is perfectly captured in this image album.
Be warned this film can fucking traumatize you, so so sad, I was a mess for a good week afterwards.Possibly one of the greatest films I've watched but not sure if I could watch it again.

Next, I actually meant to put vol 9 of this Masoru Satoh collection, volume 10 may be my least favourite. This series of records sound amazing! and really the whole series of 10 could be here but vol 9 may be my favourite, 8,7,6,5,3,2,1 are also bloody good though. ;)
Tomb of Dracula is such a great record. I was hunting it down for some time and was so happy to finally get a copy, and then a few years later, get a copy with obi. I never get tired of this one, perfect blend of gothic melancholy and tight ass suspense funk jams.

Lastly this represents all these NHK 'library?' type records I recently.picked up. Made in the 60's they contain, in places, some really interesting and experimental peices of music. Music from musicians at the forefront of avant garde music in Japan at the time. Secretive, magical and mysterious.
I do plan to rip some of these just not had the time :(.
By inksb
Some day I'll own a copy of Tomb of Dracula :P

I'll try to come up with something tomorrow although it won't be any where near as sweet as most of your guys posts. My collection is much smaller and way less OG's.
By ScoJo
monsterworship wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:15 am scores only or compilation included?
No rules Monster, except those that you self impose!

Though I should say, when I proposed the thread (and probably wasn't very clear tbh) I was thinking treasured in the sense of 'would rescue from a fire' and beloved for whatever reason (personal, emotional, love the whole package, love of the source movie) as opposed to just 'best music' or most valuable.

As an example I will def be including The Andromeda Strain (Kapp hexagonal promo version) in my ten- although I like the film and think the score is great, it's also because of it's rarity and beauty... just thinking about it fills me with joy and inspiration :)

But yknow, as Crowley said - Do what thou wilt, brother man!
By ScoJo
Dollarhyde wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:02 am Image
These two libraries, for me, are real masterpieces in the early electronic genre. I was torn between these two and News! News! News! & Lost Star.
I'm cheating here and slipping a copy of Amore inside the blade runner gatefold, too tough to choose between these two.
Again, torn between these two Morricone, so cheating and taking them both.
This could really be any of the radiophonic workshop records, but this is the only one I own (I'm sure I had fourth dimension somewhere?) They are all equally worthy.This stuff was my very early entry into a deep fascination with soundtrack and experimental electronics.
Next, Queen Millennia represents my love for all things leiji Matsumoto, a relatively new admiration, for me it's a good OST, but also an awesome anime movie, as are all the other leiji Matsumoto movies e.g. GE999 etc...
So this is the grave of the fireflies image album, not OST, but still represents the film so well. The jewel in the crown here is a12 minute long opus by Masahiko Sato (of Bella Donna of sadness fame). I watched this film with my dad for the first time a couple of years ago, I'm a pretty thick skinned guy but damn! did I cry my eyes out watching this film. literally parts of the film were a blur through tears :D having a young daughter did not help one bit. The movie is perfectly captured in this image album.
Be warned this film can fucking traumatize you, so so sad, I was a mess for a good week afterwards.Possibly one of the greatest films I've watched but not sure if I could watch it again.

Next, I actually meant to put vol 9 of this Masoru Satoh collection, volume 10 may be my least favourite. This series of records sound amazing! and really the whole series of 10 could be here but vol 9 may be my favourite, 8,7,6,5,3,2,1 are also bloody good though. ;)
Tomb of Dracula is such a great record. I was hunting it down for some time and was so happy to finally get a copy, and then a few years later, get a copy with obi. I never get tired of this one, perfect blend of gothic melancholy and tight ass suspense funk jams.

Lastly this represents all these NHK 'library?' type records I recently.picked up. Made in the 60's they contain, in places, some really interesting and experimental peices of music. Music from musicians at the forefront of avant garde music in Japan at the time. Secretive, magical and mysterious.
I do plan to rip some of these just not had the time :(.
Whole lot of cheating going on here, @dollar. Heh heh... don't blame you at all. Lovely selections!
By ScoJo
elifunk wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:24 pm i'm really in love with these 'recent' soundtracks records:

Ah man, great stuff- based on your others, I obvs really need to look into Perrak. Oh and Ive forgotten exactly what it is, but I always really wanted that top right Japanese boot (one eyed cat). Remind me what it is please, and do you have a source?

*EDIT*

Ahh it's this:

https://www.discogs.com/Various-%E7%89% ... e/12284863

I remember now- I always had the impression that the 'lost 1971 pinky violence soundtrack' backstory was bullshit? We were doing the Damn Fine Cast back then and I looked long and hard to find any reference to the supposed unreleased movie, with not a single hit. Very fishy ;) Anyway, it's funk/breakbeats ya? Old or new, would you say?
By Hatter313
Hmmmm ok, this was a tough one to get down to 10. i went with personal favs and not necessarily value...I may switch out poltergeist 1 for Phantom fo the Paradise...and i had to leave off Suspiria

Some notes, I picked the Mondo Poltergeist instead of my OG because it was the first record "boutique reissue" record i bought before i even knew this was a whole thing out there, I remember thinking, oh cool, that poster company is putting out scores on vinyl...that seems like no one but me cares but awesome (little did I know I'd fall into this place less than a few months later and that was it! haha). Poltergeist 2 track "The Power" is my favorite goldsmith composition period, so that has to come along.

Similar reasons to picking this pressing of Halloween. 1, I love the design, 2. i don't have an original, 3. as much as i dug the different presentation on the newer reissue, theres just something about this record. this was still during the "random drop time" days, and i remember realizing that morning that the record was absolutely going to drop at 10:31 Austin time. Not the boldest or most difficult of guesses, but I was pleased nonetheless when it came out correct.

EFNY german version was selected as its a pressing of the pre howarth tinkered version and i like it for its closer fidelity to the screen version.

Bladerunner i went with the standard. the re-recordings are closer and awesome, but i have to stick with the familiar for now.

Alien box set counts as one, It's the nacho rule, i want every cue and you can't take them away from me.

ED2 went with the OG because in addition to the music, its my favorite piece of movie art ever and one day i'll track down an original quad...one day.

And as a preview to my promised and then never delivered Nosferatu comparison (been a weird year to say the least, no?) THIS is the ultimate edition form Wah Wah. Both albums complete and gorgeously repressed.
IMG_2172.jpeg
IMG_2172.jpeg (1.52 MiB) Viewed 4946 times
This was tough and there are scores I really with i had room for. POTP, Prince fo Darkness (2nd DW pressing, sold the first DW pressing years ago, prefer it tot eh recent 3rd reissue)

Would have loved for some Frizzi to make it on here, at the very least The Beyond. but alas
By Hatter313
oh, also all of Statics...those are my list as well. haha.

@static, do you have the "sources" companion to last temptation? also very good.
By ScoJo
Terrific selections and notes @Hatter, this is exactly what I was hoping for when posing the question ... ie "why this one and not that one?" etc

But seriously though - no POTP??!

By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:41 pm Terrific selections and notes @Hatter, this is exactly what I was hoping for when posing the question ... ie "why this one and not that one?" etc

But seriously though - no POTP??!

I'm really kicking myself over this yeah. I think i'm going to have to replace Poltergeist with my signed POTP. (Geritt Graham, Williams shot out of that screening like a bat out of hell haha) Its a tough call, but I get most of the Poltergeist stuff i want reprised in P2, and i like so much of that score more haha. I thought about replacing TGTBATU but i need a morricone in there and when push comes to shove its gonna be this one if its ONLY one.

Thought about my signed Reanimator as well, but sacrifices had to be made unfortunately.