Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
This was insanely hard. I ended up grabbing stuff I really love, may or may not be worth more than some other records in the collection. But let's be honest most of us would probably end up dead or seriously injured trying to save our record collections in a fire lol. You guys have way more impressive stuff and I would love to own a lot of it.

Halloween III - John Carpenter & Alan Howarth
I wish I had an original VS but this one will do for now, it's probably my favorite JC soundtrack and it's definitely my most listened to. Big Trouble could fall here as well but the pressing I have (red) has terrible surface noise so until I get a better sound one it's not as high priority

Miracle Mile - Tangerine Dream
This has very quickly become my favorite TD album. Since I bought it a few months ago it hasn't left the stack right next to the turntable. I love it.

Lizard In A Woman's Skin - Ennio Morricone
My first Morricone on vinyl , one of my favorite Fulci films and just incredible from start to finish. It was a toss up between this and Il Grande Silenzio for a Morricone, I think I prefer this one just a little more.

The Beyond Composers Cut - Fabio Frizzi
The only version I own on vinyl and I think I prefer listening to it over the original these days anyways. Although if I had an OG L'aldilà I would probably just have that in this pic over this because it would be a bigger loss.

All the Colours of the Dark - Bruno Nicolai
It's hard to choose with Nicolai, he's one of my favorites and I spin a lot of his records regularly. I chose this one as it's fairly fresh in my brain from a few spins this weekend.

Anna Quel Particolare Piacere - Luciano Michelini
I know nothing of this movie or soundtrack other than it obviously has Edwige in it and the score is amazing. I put this one on so often, it's such a relaxing and beautiful listen. Also I bought this fairly early in my discovery of Italian scores and it still stands out as a favorite.

Unsolved Mysteries 3LP set
Honestly I'd probably include Volume 2 with this as well. Just a tremendous release and I'm incredibly happy to have them on vinyl. I put both of them on the table way more than I ever imagined I would. My favorite TV releases for sure.

Daughters of Darkness
- François De Roubaix
I have the fine folks here at STBC to thank for this one. I can't get enough of it. Such a beautiful release for a beautiful album. I was completely unaware of the film but after seeing lots of praise around here for the soundtrack I blindly bought it.

Secret of Mana - Hiroki Kikuta

A grail videogame soundtrack for me. It's one of my favorite SNES games and definitely top 5 VGM soundtracks of all time for me. I was very very lucky to have some one gift this to me, considering they could have easily sold it for $300 on ebay.

Berserk - Susumu Hirasawa
This was a tough choice, while I adore the anime and soundtrack I could easily swap this with Devil City Shinjuku, Devilman or Wicked City from TLV. I love having the sub variant with bonus print, makes the release more special to me and actually my first subscription with a record label so sentimental value too.

Hope you guys enjoy my filthy carpet.
Last edited by inksb on Fri May 08, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hatter313
first track on Lizard in a woman's skin is one of my favorite Morricone compositions ever. such a perfect mood track.
By tim28212
20200510_091112.jpg
20200510_091112.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 3293 times
These first five are pretty solid...

Jaws: First of all, it's Jaws; come on! Secondly, it was the first score that I bought. We were visiting family in Texas and my sister pointed it out to me while in a records store. With my obsession over the movie it was a no brainer. This isn't my original, I've been through several copies since then. I have two original copies and the Mondo expanded release. It's one score that I really have to pull back on buying when I see a sealed copy come up on ebay for a reasonable price. "Sea Attack Number One" is just amazing.

Jaws 2: I think I may like Jaws 2 a shark's tooth more than Jaws. (maybe a baby shark) It definitely gets more play and I have a sealed copy waiting in the wings should something happen to this one. This is my first, original, purchase. It still have the number in the upper right corner from where, in my younger days, I was numbering all my records.

Alien: again, it's Alien! I'm pretty sure this was my first Goldsmith and it's another one I got while visiting family (the same family) in New York. Another movie obsession, I saw it through the window of a records store in Grand Central Station and had to have it and this is that purchase. I also have a Silva Records release and the Mondo 4lp box release.

Haunted Summer: I don't know what to say about this score. Everyone on here knows my love for it. Christopher Young's finest as far as I'm concerned. I have a spare, sealed copy just in case I do something stupid while handling this one.

Evil Dead: It was a grail of mine, so I have to include it. The vinyl gods smiled down on my last year and I was able to add it to my collection at a super reasonable price. I think it was ScoJo who said it's probably the only way to hear the original music from the film.

20200510_091734.jpg
20200510_091734.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 3293 times
The next 5 could possibly change due to my mood, but this weekend these rounded out my ten.

The Omen: My second Goldsmith. At this point in my collecting I was only buying scores if I had seen the movie and liked it. My family watched the movie on television, and I knew I wanted it from that opening que I had to have it. Even one of my sisters commented on it. Coming from a Catholic home my mom was a bit concerned. But I had passed the point of her censoring my music.

Carrie: This Pino Donaggio pick was a tough one. It was a hard choice between this or Piranha. I ended up going with Carrie because I have a sealed spare of it as a "just in case".

Halloween III Season Of The Witch: I almost went with Halloween II but ended up picking III. I just think Carpenter and Howarth outdid themselves on this one and it continues to be a Carpenter favorite of mine.

The Thing: Just something about this score that I love. I have this original and Waxworks first pressing of it. If I would ever come across a sealed MCA original at a reasonable price, I know I would snag it for a "just in case" situation.

Miracle Mile: It's probably my favorite Tangerine Dream score and is on the table more than any other TD score/album I own. Many times, I go to pick it and I force myself to pick something different. Lucky enough to pay under $10 for an original several years back. Before everyone found out what they were missing.

The 5 that might make it on another day.

These are the five that I struggled with. Psycho II came really close to being in place of The Thing. But I already had a Goldsmith. The track "It's Not Your Mother" if one of my all-time favorites from Goldsmith. Same for Poltergeist, it's another top Goldsmith score for me but went with The Omen this round. Piranha I already mentioned. On another day it might take Carrie's place. Night and Dawn were really close. Dawn and Piranha were both part of my first mail order with Varese Sarabande, along with Themes and The Island. What a great beginning with that label.
20200510_091850.jpg
20200510_091850.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 3293 times
By Bezulsqy
Fuck. These are some great choices you guys made. I have a couple in mind. But places 5 to 10 could be filled with 25 different records I think. I'll throw something together this week.
Also a lot of the releases mentioned here are now going on my wish list :-)
Extra kudos for all the lovely stories accompanying the choices.
By Dollarhyde
Really enjoying everyone's response s in this thread too. Thought I would see a lot more JC and Zimmer, not surprised by all the Morricone. Reminding me to grab some more Goldsmith too.

Would be interesting to see people's top 10 valued vinyl, all genres.
tim what is that sticker or text in the top right hand corner of The Thing release pictured?
tim28212 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:37 pm 20200510_091112.jpg
These first five are pretty solid...

Jaws: First of all, it's Jaws; come on! Secondly, it was the first score that I bought. We were visiting family in Texas and my sister pointed it out to me while in a records store. With my obsession over the movie it was a no brainer. This isn't my original, I've been through several copies since then. I have two original copies and the Mondo expanded release. It's one score that I really have to pull back on buying when I see a sealed copy come up on ebay for a reasonable price. "Sea Attack Number One" is just amazing.

Jaws 2: I think I may like Jaws 2 a shark's tooth more than Jaws. (maybe a baby shark) It definitely gets more play and I have a sealed copy waiting in the wings should something happen to this one. This is my first, original, purchase. It still have the number in the upper right corner from where, in my younger days, I was numbering all my records.

Alien: again, it's Alien! I'm pretty sure this was my first Goldsmith and it's another one I got while visiting family (the same family) in New York. Another movie obsession, I saw it through the window of a records store in Grand Central Station and had to have it and this is that purchase. I also have a Silva Records release and the Mondo 4lp box release.

Haunted Summer: I don't know what to say about this score. Everyone on here knows my love for it. Christopher Young's finest as far as I'm concerned. I have a spare, sealed copy just in case I do something stupid while handling this one.

Evil Dead: It was a grail of mine, so I have to include it. The vinyl gods smiled down on my last year and I was able to add it to my collection at a super reasonable price. I think it was ScoJo who said it's probably the only way to hear the original music from the film.

20200510_091734.jpg
The next 5 could possibly change due to my mood, but this weekend these rounded out my ten.

The Omen: My second Goldsmith. At this point in my collecting I was only buying scores if I had seen the movie and liked it. My family watched the movie on television, and I knew I wanted it from that opening que I had to have it. Even one of my sisters commented on it. Coming from a Catholic home my mom was a bit concerned. But I had passed the point of her censoring my music.

Carrie: This Pino Donaggio pick was a tough one. It was a hard choice between this or Piranha. I ended up going with Carrie because I have a sealed spare of it as a "just in case".

Halloween III Season Of The Witch: I almost went with Halloween II but ended up picking III. I just think Carpenter and Howarth outdid themselves on this one and it continues to be a Carpenter favorite of mine.

The Thing: Just something about this score that I love. I have this original and Waxworks first pressing of it. If I would ever come across a sealed MCA original at a reasonable price, I know I would snag it for a "just in case" situation.

Miracle Mile: It's probably my favorite Tangerine Dream score and is on the table more than any other TD score/album I own. Many times, I go to pick it and I force myself to pick something different. Lucky enough to pay under $10 for an original several years back. Before everyone found out what they were missing.

The 5 that might make it on another day.

These are the five that I struggled with. Psycho II came really close to being in place of The Thing. But I already had a Goldsmith. The track "It's Not Your Mother" if one of my all-time favorites from Goldsmith. Same for Poltergeist, it's another top Goldsmith score for me but went with The Omen this round. Piranha I already mentioned. On another day it might take Carrie's place. Night and Dawn were really close. Dawn and Piranha were both part of my first mail order with Varese Sarabande, along with Themes and The Island. What a great beginning with that label.
20200510_091850.jpg
By tim28212
monsterworship wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:19 pm tim what is that sticker or text in the top right hand corner of The Thing release pictured?
It says

I saw
The
Thing
From another World

The movie theater was handing them out with tickets on opening week here in NC.
By deafmetal
Nice selections, Tim. I thought I might have been off my rocker by having some John Williams all up in this place, but I'm glad to see another Jaws LP in a top ten.

Hoping to see some more lists. It will be interesting to see what albums made the cut across the most collections. I'm thinking Halloween III is the one.
By Hatter313
deafmetal wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:46 pm Nice selections, Tim. I thought I might have been off my rocker by having some John Williams all up in this place, but I'm glad to see another Jaws LP in a top ten.

Hoping to see some more lists. It will be interesting to see what albums made the cut across the most collections. I'm thinking Halloween III is the one.
Expand to 20, and most of my second batch would be Williams for sure
By 334578rpm
I'll agree that this was insanely difficult.
Halloween - I feel like I have so many versions of this soundtrack, the question was which one to pick. I know this is a rerecording, but I'll pick it for its "uniqueness." I also like the tweaks they made to the coloring on the cover and the obi.
NOES - Love the movie, love the score, love the obi.
little girl - See above.
MMT - As a Beatles fanatic, I had to pick a Beatles soundtrack. This German MMT sounds terrific.
Pans - One of my all time favorite movies, and one of my all time favorite scores. This one rarely goes up for sale.
JC anthology - I was trying to decide between several JC scores, but compromised with this. The "re-imaginings" are great, and I got the fancy edition with all the swag.
The Shining - Again, love both the movie and score. May never be re-pressed.
Jurassic Park - One of the first scores I bought in the "modern" soundtrack era. Again, both movie and score are a favorite of mine.
Brigitte Lahaie - Good tunes, and the packaging is above and beyond. Second hand prices on this one are crazy.
H3 - Easily my favorite Halloween sequel. Also, the best JC/AH collaboration.