Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

@ScoJo @texas @Bez @Dollar - Thank you, fellas, this is a real treat to find here in the US in such immaculate condition. As @tex mentions, shipping from Europe is even more of a risk lately. Sorry to hear about the heat warping. :\

Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:08 am Nice!!! Enjoy @Deaf!
I assume you did already have a copy of Metti... I have only seen a glimpse of your collection but would be surprised if you did not already had that one.
I do have a copy of the excellent AMS reissue with the gatefold sleeve notes and original promotion photos compiled and written by our own @RedGoblin. I have wanted one of the original '69 Cinevox pressings though, and it's a treasure to have one in hand now.
inksb wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:52 pm I need to find a copy of Metti. Not sure why I'm slacking on that.

Any one heard anything about the quality of this pressing?

https://www.discogs.com/Ennio-Morricone ... e/15689417

It was released this year.
Hm, Russian bootleg(?) label. I have no experience with their pressings, so I can't speak to the quality. Says it's a 45rpm pressing? Who knows.
I wish I had bought that Cinevox Metti earlier. Prices for decent copies have gone way up. I think I'll get a later re-issue first.
That recent re-issue also was for sale through Soundohm and it is very cheap. Wouldn't be surprised if it does sound okay.
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:23 am I wish I had bought that Cinevox Metti earlier. Prices for decent copies have gone way up. I think I'll get a later re-issue first.
That recent re-issue also was for sale through Soundohm and it is very cheap. Wouldn't be surprised if it does sound okay.
Metti is of course a wonderful album and the OG sounds great. It’s rare but not super rare to find so If you give it some time you are likely to come across a decent priced one (even as gatefold version).
Prices usually get higher just after a famous artist has passed as many people buy the records and as sellers increase their prices due to increasing demand (things got pretty crazy for some time e.g. when Bowie and Prince passed) but they should „normalize“ again after some time.
Death Tax. 'Tis a thing.

Fwiw I can vouch for the 1980 Cinevox reissue (CIA 5001) which I picked up recently for very reasonable price and sounds terrific. I wouldn't mind getting the AMS at some point too, for comparison.
I got home late last night and had these two albums waiting for me. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to spin them but hopefully will this evening. Urotsukidoji II unfotunately looks like they scanned art from the VHS or DVD cover and not the original art as it is very soft and blurry image for the cover. Also that splatter looks nothing like what they were selling on their website. I'll throw that up below so you can see the difference.
tlvsplatt.jpg
tlvsplatt.jpg (17.83 KiB) Viewed 4430 times
inksb wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:09 pm I got home late last night and had these two albums waiting for me. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to spin them but hopefully will this evening. Urotsukidoji II unfotunately looks like they scanned art from the VHS or DVD cover and not the original art as it is very soft and blurry image for the cover. Also that splatter looks nothing like what they were selling on their website. I'll throw that up below so you can see the difference.

tlvsplatt.jpg
That is a shame about the cover art... It has to be a deliberate look they were going for I would think as Tiger Lab appears to create some excellent packages...
Hope it sounds good though.
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:38 am That is a shame about the cover art... It has to be a deliberate look they were going for I would think as Tiger Lab appears to create some excellent packages...
Hope it sounds good though.
Honestly it doesn't really look bad, it's just a soft image. I know they've been pressured to use the original art which is why I'm sure they wanted to try and keep it that way with this release. To me it just seems like a limitation of what they were provided and I'd take soft OG art over some bad commissioned art. I had a very busy and late night yesterday but at about 11:30pm I sat down with my headphones and a new comic book and listened to the first LP. It sounds great, the opening track had me a little worried, it was kind of quiet and I thought maybe they mastered it on the quieter side. That was not the case, it's just a quiet song. There are a few songs that have some great bass in them and they were punching through my headphones quite well. I was impressed with the song variety and it's a really fun first LP. I can't wait to see what the second has in store for me this evening.
Hi,

haven’t been here lately, because I haven’t bought much during last five months, mostly because of lacking production.
Very glad there was a small momentum for labels to produce something before new COVID-19 wave...? These I have acquired in the last few weeks. Enjoying them all very much...
Attachments
E3E59C2F-F42D-4E41-B070-694084082A27.jpeg
E3E59C2F-F42D-4E41-B070-694084082A27.jpeg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 4241 times
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:31 pm
334578rpm wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:56 pm Took a while, but latest package from THD finally arrived.
Excellent choice of records!
Yes! Can't wait to give them all a spin (even though I've listened to them all digitally several times).

Those came yesterday, this came today.
How did I not know the existed until now? It's fantastic!
Attachments
IMG_20200820_151258.jpg
IMG_20200820_151258.jpg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 4232 times