Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

I'm so psyched - seeing Static spinning something the other day had me spending some time as I do occasionally looking for a good, reasonably priced copy of one of my very final big Varese horror grails, and I lucked out big time! Only 70 bucks shipped tracked from Germany, with the seller really kindly agreeing to deal directly to avoid fees, and mark up the package so as to avoid dastardly taxes :)

Scott Manicac Front.jpeg
Scott Manicac Front.jpeg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 2142 times

Scott Maniac Back.jpeg
Scott Maniac Back.jpeg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 2142 times
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:18 pm Congrats @ScoJo! Very nice score. I assumed you already had that one. Looks like a beautiful copy.
I just had a crappy DW reissue with grubby b&w sleeve art haha

ps. this time, those are the seller's healthy cuticles, not mine ;)
Last edited by ScoJo on Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScoJo wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:30 pm I'm so psyched - seeing Static spinning something the other day had me spending some time as I do occasionally looking for a good, reasonably priced copy of one of my very final big Varese horror grails, and I lucked out big time! Only 70 bucks shipped tracked from Germany, with the seller really kindly agreeing to deal directly to avoid fees, and mark up the package so as to avoid dastardly taxes :)

Scott Manicac Front.jpeg

Scott Maniac Back.jpeg
wish i could reproduce the weird as texture on these covers.
monsterworship wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:55 pm
ScoJo wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:30 pm I'm so psyched - seeing Static spinning something the other day had me spending some time as I do occasionally looking for a good, reasonably priced copy of one of my very final big Varese horror grails, and I lucked out big time! Only 70 bucks shipped tracked from Germany, with the seller really kindly agreeing to deal directly to avoid fees, and mark up the package so as to avoid dastardly taxes :)

Scott Manicac Front.jpeg

Scott Maniac Back.jpeg
wish i could reproduce the weird as texture on these covers.
I did actually try myself - a couple of different printers scratched their heads and went through swatch books of different boards, but they came up empty
Randomly scouring unofficial soundtrack releases and I came across something really cool - managed to find one for sale in US and the dealer was nice enough to do it direct for a good price. This thing looks fucking cool (cooler than the official release, imho!) so I just hope it sounds good too. Will save the reveal til it arrives, but here are a couple clues from the front image/gatefold inner spread (even without reverse image cheating, this shouldn't be too hard for some of youz chuckleheads...):

R-17550577-1614087296-1080.jpg
R-17550577-1614087296-1080.jpg (24.7 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
rm4GX.jpg
rm4GX.jpg (26.47 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
ScoJo wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:32 am Randomly scouring unofficial soundtrack releases and I came across something really cool - managed to find one for sale in US and the dealer was nice enough to do it direct for a good price. This thing looks fucking cool (cooler than the official release, imho!) so I just hope it sounds good too. Will save the reveal til it arrives, but here are a couple clues from the front image/gatefold inner spread (even without reverse image cheating, this shouldn't be too hard for some of youz chuckleheads...):

R-17550577-1614087296-1080.jpg

rm4GX.jpg

Freaky Friday
I was told by a friend to go to Woodstock New York and check out a tiny record store that was maybe called “ever records” but had no sign. I was told there were horror records on the wall for Halloween.

Well, there were
50F865EC-4413-4FC2-9FF1-60D1C3DF6B9C.jpeg
50F865EC-4413-4FC2-9FF1-60D1C3DF6B9C.jpeg (959.29 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
All for very decent prices. Not cheap, but not the outrageous nonsense we’ve been seeing for some of these. Everything is great shape too.

He also had a boogeyman, Halloween 2, from beyond, TWO prince of darkness, one sealed (I have it but I probably should have snagged them anyway) and a few other things I either already had or didn’t want. Really the coups for me here were Pet Semetary, Crystal Plumage, and Dearly Spawn, all very well priced. He said he thought he had a sealed deadly spawn somewhere as well but I took my chances with the reasonable price of the vg+ in his inventory.

Anyway, worth a trip if you are remotely in the area.
Hatter313 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:06 am I was told by a friend to go to Woodstock New York and check out a tiny record store that was maybe called “ever records” but had no sign. I was told there were horror records on the wall for Halloween.

Well, there were

50F865EC-4413-4FC2-9FF1-60D1C3DF6B9C.jpeg

All for very decent prices. Not cheap, but not the outrageous nonsense we’ve been seeing for some of these. Everything is great shape too.

He also had a boogeyman, Halloween 2, from beyond, TWO prince of darkness, one sealed (I have it but I probably should have snagged them anyway) and a few other things I either already had or didn’t want. Really the coups for me here were Pet Semetary, Crystal Plumage, and Dearly Spawn, all very well priced. He said he thought he had a sealed deadly spawn somewhere as well but I took my chances with the reasonable price of the vg+ in his inventory.

Anyway, worth a trip if you are remotely in the area.
Excellent haul! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I do love that Creepers art, almost enough to ‘quadruple’ dip on that lp if I ever see one around ;-)
I really want to start buying more records again... I renewed my Terror Vision sub last week and I have some pre-orders in. But I want to keep the spending to a minimum for at least another month. But stuff is so expensive... groceries, beer, gas and electricity... Records at 40$ = €40 without shipping...
I did find a second hand kallax 1*5 to add to my storage though! So my future is looking bright!
Can’t believe I had basically convinced myself I didn’t need this expanded edition… stronzo!! Even just cracking the seal and reading GD’s liners with a coffee in the autumn sunshine, I’m feeling enriched :) Can’t wait to dive in.

C436318F-D980-465C-8071-B52B4DF8ABD2.jpeg
C436318F-D980-465C-8071-B52B4DF8ABD2.jpeg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 1634 times
ScoJo wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:47 pm Can’t believe I had basically convinced myself I didn’t need this expanded edition… stronzo!! Even just cracking the seal and reading GD’s liners with a coffee in the autumn sunshine, I’m feeling enriched :) Can’t wait to dive in.

C436318F-D980-465C-8071-B52B4DF8ABD2.jpeg
I look forward to hearing how blown away you are by Amboseli (Versione Completa)
Holy heck - Amboseli (version completa) is apparently, in every way, Sorghini's Inna Gadda da Vida! Incredible.

In fact the whole of the bonus sides is lifting the heck out of my skirt right now, love it. All praise Four Flies!
ScoJo wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:59 pm Holy heck - Amboseli (version completa) is apparently, in every way, Sorghini's Inna Gadda da Vida! Incredible.

In fact the whole of the bonus sides is lifting the heck out of my skirt right now, love it. All praise Four Flies!
Yeah side D aint' no slouch either. Very happy I decided to grab a copy.