Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

inksb wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:06 pm Big big haul this week. A few of you know I've been hunting for these records for years so when they put up pre-orders for represses of 1-6 and finally pressing 7&8 on vinyl I had to order them. They did a fantastic job on them. So happy. And bonus Sonic Spinball arrived same day, weird Sonic soundtrack but still fun.

PSX_20220728_110431.jpg
Party at @inksb's!
My daughter and I went to visit my family in Allentown, Pennsylvania, this past weekend. Actually, I had two reasons for my visit: see my family and take my sister and niece to a Cadabra Records author reading in Philadelphia this past Saturday night. It was Jon Padgett reading one of his pieces and five Thomas Ligotti pieces, supported with synth backgrounds by Chris Bozzone. The performance was at the studio where Bozzone works, so it was a small affair; there were only 30 tickets for sale. Each attending also received a lathe cut of pieces composed and performed by Bozzone, inspired by Ligotti's work.

While we were home, we stopped off at Double Decker Records. Every time I go, I end up finding something to pick up. The photo below shows the Bozzone album and the items I got from Double Decker:

- Ghost Recon Breakpoint OST 2-LPs (excited for this because it has Alessandro Cortini)
- Wim Mertens - Whisper Me LP
- Zawinul - Dialects LP
- 6955 - Super Time Force OST LP
- Maurice Jarre - The Tin Drum LP
IMG_1614.jpg
IMG_1614.jpg (205.94 KiB) Viewed 1919 times
When I got home today, I had two packages waiting for me: one from Juno Records and the other from WRWTFWW Records:

- G36 vs JK Flesh - Disintegration Dubs 2-LPs
- Max Richter - Invasion Season 1 OST 2-LPs
- Iury Lech - Musica Para El Fin De Los Cantos LP
- Yutaka Hirose - Trace: Sound Design Works 1986-1989 2-LPs
- Evil Dead Trap OST LP
IMG_1613.jpg
IMG_1613.jpg (202.52 KiB) Viewed 1919 times
Tonight I am ploughing into a horrifical pile of Terrorvision/Cadabra goodness procured for me over the last few months by my old buddy TG who let me piggyback on his shipping container. Saved me a ton o'dollars though I've had to be patient. Sorority Row is a sleeveless gift, I'll be
knocking up my own jacket for that one. Speaking of which - man I'm always bowled over by the quality of sleeves/design by these two labels. They continually show some of the (aherm) bigger dogs how it's done imo. The glittery embossing on Demon Wind was a great surprise, and the gigantic glossy Eyes of the Cat poster is just too money!

Now to dig into the soundscapes within...

IMG_3146.JPG
IMG_3146.JPG (806.57 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
IMG_3145.JPG
IMG_3145.JPG (1.26 MiB) Viewed 1784 times
IMG_3144.JPG
IMG_3144.JPG (1.38 MiB) Viewed 1784 times
IMG_3143.JPG
IMG_3143.JPG (1.1 MiB) Viewed 1784 times
100% agree with you on that one there ScoJo. Both TV & Cadabra consistently show every one of their contemporaries up with their quality product. I'm not always the biggest fan of TV's chosen design for stuff but it's always very well done. I think Demon Wind is one of my favorite jackets they have done in a while. It's also GITD if I'm remembering correctly.

Looks like you have a hell of an evening in front of you. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on that Frizzi LP.
inksb wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:48 pm 100% agree with you on that one there ScoJo. Both TV & Cadabra consistently show every one of their contemporaries up with their quality product. I'm not always the biggest fan of TV's chosen design for stuff but it's always very well done. I think Demon Wind is one of my favorite jackets they have done in a while. It's also GITD if I'm remembering correctly.

Looks like you have a hell of an evening in front of you. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on that Frizzi LP.

I’ve said this a bunch before but I was Cadabras first customer and first subber, I haven’t gotten everything but when I do the quality and the effort Jon puts in is out of this world. Truly one of the best out there.

TV doesn’t always put out stuff I’m into, but when they do I’m thrilled to order it, and even when I don’t buy TV releases I’m also a huge fan of a lot of Graveface artists and half my t shirt army is graveface merch. I’ve interacted with both Ryan and Chloe a few times in person and over email and you’d be hard…err…pressed to find people who care more about putting out a unique and awesome product, and I’m pretty sure the whole endeavor across both labels, museum, store, and not something new coming out of Chicago is just the two of them. I’m over the moon anytime I get to buy something from them.
The Frizzi is absolutely killer. I'm planning to do a read-a-long later today to get the full immersion, but man... Fabio still has it for sure! Love that he dug out the period appropriate synths on this one.

Demon Wind is another wonderful surprise from TV, what a fun Carpenter-esque score! Big PoD vibes on that opening cue.
I guess I gotta check out the film now huh?

Evil Dead Trap has been getting pretty heavy rotates, really digging it. Grows with each listen. Such a heavy influence of Maestro Fabio there, in all the good ways.

And Strange Behaviour is, well.... strange! It's good, I'm enjoying it, but it's such a completely different type of score and sound to all other TD soundtracks from that period that if you told me it was a 'shadow' score by someone else (or just one rogue member of TD) I would 100% believe it. It sounds quite similar to Carpenter/Davies' Village of the Damned score in places, especially when it gets mellow with the guitar parts. I like it for sure, but I'm also quite puzzled by it and wonder if there's not a story in there worth digging into somehow... Guess I need to take a trip to Tangerine Trees....
I own Vinegar Syndrome's bluray of Demon Wind, I'll be perfectly honest about it, it's a bad film. It's an Evil Dead 2 rip off with some truly baffling choices but it has some really fun shit in there, in particular the practical effects. I'd say it's in the same vein as Spookies with some one making a movie they really wanted to make but have very little experience but hired a killer team to do all of their effects work.

I have a giant stack or records that have come in over the last week, I'll try to snap a pic later today
Last few weeks have been a bit ridiculous around here, lots of outstanding pre-orders and splurge purchases showing up at the same time
PSX_20220819_230505.jpg
PSX_20220819_230505.jpg (407.71 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
Czardust
Night of the Demons
Tatsuro Yamashita - For You
From Beyond
The Roots - Phrenology
Roc Marciano - Reloaded

Killer Klowns
Jerry Garcia - Run For the Roses
Gravediggaz - 6ft Deep
Everyday Dust - Deadham Ridge
Blind Melon - Soup

MIKE - Disco!
Rome Streetz - Streetz keep Calling Me
Tha God Fahim - Wide Birth
Blu - Hey Favorite Colour
Ryo Kawasaki - Juice

Nucleus - Alley cat
Method Man - Tical
D-Track & Nicholas Craven - Hull
Blind Melon - Blind Melon
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:51 am Amazing stuff@Inksb! Very nice and diverse. Not familiar with all of them but e.g. really like the Yamashita, great prime time city pop.
For You is such a great album, it's not my favorite City Pop by any means but it's a crazy popular title. I've been after a copy for years and prices are just too much for me. I lucked out on this one and managed to get it for $35, the seller had it listed as VG/VG, water damage to the jacket and warping to the record, they sent me a video of it playing with the warp, it's pretty minor and doesn't effect playback. Jacket definitely had some mold on it and has some cracking due to the water damage but the record sounds great after being cleaned and that's all that really matters to me.
inksb wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:37 pm
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:51 am Amazing stuff@Inksb! Very nice and diverse. Not familiar with all of them but e.g. really like the Yamashita, great prime time city pop.
For You is such a great album, it's not my favorite City Pop by any means but it's a crazy popular title. I've been after a copy for years and prices are just too much for me. I lucked out on this one and managed to get it for $35, the seller had it listed as VG/VG, water damage to the jacket and warping to the record, they sent me a video of it playing with the warp, it's pretty minor and doesn't effect playback. Jacket definitely had some mold on it and has some cracking due to the water damage but the record sounds great after being cleaned and that's all that really matters to me.
That‘s a good deal, absolutely worth it - congrats!
Well I cant show it off yet but I'm super excited to have finally scored a big want - was waiting forever to find a copy uk based and for less than the
silly bucks it goes for considering it was an RSD release from only a few years back. The seller even accepted my lowish-ball offer :)

One of my all time fave films and composers, and probably his most famous/popular score... all will be revealed!
I don't remember ordering this, but it's pretty cool with a disc of alternates, single edits and instrumentals plus a slip mat, poster and numbered jacket. Between this the OG and the MoFi 2x45 I think I am covered on super fly lol

Finally into a new place and unpacked a temporary listening station. It will be so nice to have all the records out of storage they've been languishing there for a while now.
Attachments
PXL_20220901_033407759~2.jpg
PXL_20220901_033407759~2.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 1568 times
texasvinyl wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:38 am I don't remember ordering this, but it's pretty cool with a disc of alternates, single edits and instrumentals plus a slip mat, poster and numbered jacket. Between this the OG and the MoFi 2x45 I think I am covered on super fly lol

Finally into a new place and unpacked a temporary listening station. It will be so nice to have all the records out of storage they've been languishing there for a while now.
Congrats on the move and looking forward to seeing you spin again, it feels like it's been ages.
inksb wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:48 pm
texasvinyl wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:38 am I don't remember ordering this, but it's pretty cool with a disc of alternates, single edits and instrumentals plus a slip mat, poster and numbered jacket. Between this the OG and the MoFi 2x45 I think I am covered on super fly lol

Congrats on the move and looking forward to seeing you spin again, it feels like it's been ages.
Yes, same goes for me @Texas. Good luck with unboxing all your gear and records
Best of luck settling in @Tex. Let the spinning begin again in earnest! (as Falstaff said... or maybe Chris Rock)

Aside from being a tad crackly (which I'm praying will calm down after some plays/anti statting) this is everything I could possibly have dreamed. The not-quite full score (yet still 75mins compared to the original LP's 40mins) from one of my all time film/composer collabs. The sleeve is an utter beast - one of the most sturdy and beautifully produced I've seen, super heavy card stock gatefold, with gloss laminate outer and matte pasteboard inner spread- it's so tactile and hefty!

IMG_3221.JPG
IMG_3221.JPG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 1508 times

I lucked out and finally found one UK based in near mint condition, for just over twice the RSD price but it goes for double that.
Last edited by ScoJo on Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.