Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Nice one @ScoJo. I think I have never seen that movie. I remember you mentioning it before.

Here are the last records I bought in the sale of Burning Witches Records. Very interested to see what is up next for the new label called uSUPER.
Apparently a release has already shipped to Mondo. So won’t be long.
Attachments
IMG_7223.jpeg
IMG_7223.jpeg (1006.27 KiB) Viewed 2178 times
inksb wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:07 pm Terror Vision package arrived today

So excited to listen to these
Anyone finding their sub version of Graveyard Shift pretty noisy? I cleaned mine, and my Side A and D are still crackly, especially Side A.
reddye6 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:29 pm

Anyone finding their sub version of Graveyard Shift pretty noisy? I cleaned mine, and my Side A and D are still crackly, especially Side A.
I only put it on once and was not paying particular attention to if it was noisy, I was making dinner at the time. I did notice two audible pops through out the listening but I assumed that was just something on the record from the factory that will disappear after a cleaning. I have a stack of records to clean so I'll give it a go this weekend or early next week and follow up on my copy

So I cleaned a stack of records this weekend and made sure to put Graveyard Shift in the mix. I checked each side for noise and found that my side A has the most noise but it only lasts for about 30 seconds, side B didn't notice any, side C has about 10 seconds of noise at the beginning and side D had just a little noise in the first few rotations. I made sure to check multiple sections of the tracks, in particular the quieter parts. Didn't really notice any thing worth calling attention to.

I would hit up TV and see if you can get a replacement for your copy, maybe just a bad one.
inksb wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:28 pm

So I cleaned a stack of records this weekend and made sure to put Graveyard Shift in the mix. I checked each side for noise and found that my side A has the most noise but it only lasts for about 30 seconds, side B didn't notice any, side C has about 10 seconds of noise at the beginning and side D had just a little noise in the first few rotations. I made sure to check multiple sections of the tracks, in particular the quieter parts. Didn't really notice any thing worth calling attention to.

I would hit up TV and see if you can get a replacement for your copy, maybe just a bad one.

It does sound like your experience was the same as mine. The biggest offender was the 30 seconds on side A - loud but quick. Ultimately it sounds fine - just slightly unexpected.

And I responded to you in private messages about Killer Klowns.
I have obtained something that I honestly just didn't think would pop up in my price range and I didn't have to buy outside of the country which makes it even more affordable.

It is not a Varese release and it's not directly a soundtrack but it's definitely soundtrack related

Screenshot 2023-06-13 085740.jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-13 085740.jpg (8.22 KiB) Viewed 1778 times
inksb wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:04 pm I have obtained something that I honestly just didn't think would pop up in my price range and I didn't have to buy outside of the country which makes it even more affordable.

It is not a Varese release and it's not directly a soundtrack but it's definitely soundtrack related

Screenshot 2023-06-13 085740.jpg
Not a clue! Looks like transformers though… or something Japanese
Bub wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:51 pm Yeah my first thought was one of those disco, funk, jazz interpretation records of Star Wars tunes.
My second thought was Osamu Shoji, and then the last few comments nailed it. Looks fun @inks!
By Bub
Just got these in. $60 shipped plus tax which translates to approximately $8 each! This is the complete Scream Factory variant run so far. I assume The Thing will get the same treatment eventually, so I'm gonna have to work on keeping this completeness going haha

20230704_103654.jpg
20230704_103654.jpg (694.28 KiB) Viewed 1536 times
Bub wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:23 pm Just got these in. $60 shipped plus tax which translates to approximately $8 each! This is the complete Scream Factory variant run so far. I assume The Thing will get the same treatment eventually, so I'm gonna have to work on keeping this completeness going haha

20230704_103654.jpg
Very cool all together like that! Presumably this was an ebay score? SF arent selling bundles are they?!
By Bub
ScoJo wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:26 pm
Bub wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:23 pm Just got these in. $60 shipped plus tax which translates to approximately $8 each! This is the complete Scream Factory variant run so far. I assume The Thing will get the same treatment eventually, so I'm gonna have to work on keeping this completeness going haha

20230704_103654.jpg
Very cool all together like that! Presumably this was an ebay score? SF arent selling bundles are they?!
Yup it was Ebay! Originally $70 which I was contemplating then the seller sent an offer for $60 so I couldn't say no to that.

Unfortunately SF currently only has these with their deluxe counterparts. There are a couple of similar deals on the bay but I definitely got one of the better ones.