Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:22 pm Nice ones @Havershaw. I'll be getting those A Doppia Faccia later this year.

Today I picked up my frist batch of WW sale records from the postal office.

@Inskb, I read somewhere that you were interested in Gretel & Hansel. It is still discounted on their site $20 at the moment.
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know they still had discounted prices. I may have to pick that up this week.
My most recent arrivals.
I've been pretty skint, so was happy to pick up a couple of records from the Burning Witches sale. BW never disappoint.
When the Watchmen records started showing up again, I had to get Vols 1 and 2. Vol 1 in particular is dynamite.
Attachments
20200426_112019_resized.jpg
20200426_112019_resized.jpg (640.84 KiB) Viewed 3898 times
chiefbrody wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:28 am My most recent arrivals.
I've been pretty skint, so was happy to pick up a couple of records from the Burning Witches sale. BW never disappoint.
When the Watchmen records started showing up again, I had to get Vols 1 and 2. Vol 1 in particular is dynamite.
Nice haul. That Fife/Repeated Viewing is one of my favorite BWR releases in a long time. I wasn't spending any money when that sale was going on and I'm pretty bummed, I should have just bought that. It's running low on stock and probably wont' get repressed.

I saw that Vol 2 and 3 were showing up but never saw 1. I haven't picked them up yet but do want to grab all three eventually.
@inksb, I've avoided the Fife/RV until I could hear it on wax. I have high expectations!

I can't even remember where I got Vol. 1 anymore - I had placed and had so many orders cancelled, it's a wonder I don't have two copies of any of the 3. Glad to have them all at last.
The Fife/RV is so good. just had it on the other day for a few rotations.
I will have to check that out, I got one or two of their records like 7 years ago but have not kept up with them enough.

I listened to this one already but in the background, tonight I was able to pay attention more. Vibe is kind of a droney eastern style downtempo funk, but the production is crisp and modern with a cohesive sound. There is some edge to it, a touch of darkness, like khruangbin meets fuzz club uk's eastern subsidiary. Not particularly melodic with more of the emphasis on hypnotic rhythm with eastern style riffs.

The tracks I liked best were Hyacinth, a fun disco Bulgarian funk surf guitar frankengenre track with a touch of james bond drama that shouldn't work but really does, and Gilboa Iris with a great brass sound, these two swerve out of the lane in a good way and change things up.
Attachments
IMG_20200428_222518~2.jpg
IMG_20200428_222518~2.jpg (1.7 MiB) Viewed 3750 times
I know 5 new records in one delivery isn't what we call a Havershaw but still very happy with these :-)

My goal this year is to add at least 25 Morricone titles I do not yet have. Because I already have the Dagored release for Cosa Avete Fatto a Solange I am not counting that one. This means I am at 6 out of 25 at the moment.