Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

@inksb basically I have 8 Hi-Q records for about $300. Not sure how much I have into Media Music or any of the Dawn library stuff (of which I only have 3 or 4 so far). Not nearly as much.

@texas, one is space stuff (lots of delay Moog type stuff), one is “scene of the crime” (lots of horns, very 50s cop show stuff), one is stings (very dramatic full orchestral 5 or 10 seconds blasts or flourishes which sound like “AND WE ARE GOING TO COMMERCIAL”), and the other two are “secret agent” kinda stuff - jazzy, drums, big horn hooks, twang and fuzz guitar.

Not what I was seeking but it’s all damn cool and these records are sonically amazing so I’m ok with it.
havershaw wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:57 pm @inksb basically I have 8 Hi-Q records for about $300. Not sure how much I have into Media Music or any of the Dawn library stuff (of which I only have 3 or 4 so far). Not nearly as much.

@texas, one is space stuff (lots of delay Moog type stuff), one is “scene of the crime” (lots of horns, very 50s cop show stuff), one is stings (very dramatic full orchestral 5 or 10 seconds blasts or flourishes which sound like “AND WE ARE GOING TO COMMERCIAL”), and the other two are “secret agent” kinda stuff - jazzy, drums, big horn hooks, twang and fuzz guitar.

Not what I was seeking but it’s all damn cool and these records are sonically amazing so I’m ok with it.
Yeah that sounds about right!! Despite the apparent categorical system there seems no real rhyme or reason from one reel to the next. Fun grabs for sure the cop/secret agent and Moog ones sound pretty interesting
@million - I will leave that ambiguous. ;)

Some recent 7" arrivals:

Also, really enjoying #219/666 of this release:

Nice package from Wyrd War. A long volume of sleeve notes on a thick 4-page print. The vinyl was shipped outside of the picture sleeve in a mylar sleeve, which I prefer to sealed albums. It was wrapped in black bubble wrap, which I don't believe I have ever seen before. The vinyl also looked black until I held it up to the light:

It sounds good to me while I'm working on a project around the room, but I will get a listen in headphones here soon.
Finally finished up a giant work project and had time to open and check out all of my new purchases. And I’m having a terrible week for vinyl.

One of my Capitol Media Music records - warped
Spontaneous - warped
Ghostbusters I BOUGHT IN A DAMN STORE - warped
Marnie - warped
Dramaturgy/Cosmogony - crazy warped

This is the worst run of warped records I’ve ever experienced.
I guess it’s not super sonically noticeable on about half of those but it’s incredibly frustrating.

I still have four records I bought that I haven’t opened yet and I’m not sure if my heart can take it so I’m just going to stare at them from across the room for another day or two.
Damn that's rough. Can you at least return Ghostbusters? For Spontaneous you said that DustyGroove is sold out, you may still want to reach out to them and see if they are getting additional stock and you could always reach out to the label to see if they will send a replacement LP. Although if it doesn't audibly effect playback they may not :(
My local store has searchable online inventory and it looks like they’re out of Ghostbusters in my location but maybe they can get one from another store. They’re very good about returns.
I bought Marnie from LITA and I’ve emailed them, but no answer yet.
I emailed Dusty Groove and they asked me to send them a video.

I can hear the warp on about half of those, but it’s just the principle - brand new records shouldn’t be warped.
Well I mean, I *do* live in Arizona, and yes, it’s been hot. But it’s not usually an issue. And I do know that my wife got all of these records from the mailman directly.

Weird example: I bought another Creepshow (my first press has a track error where one song is missing) along with Blackkklansman when Waxwork had their big sale. Finally just opened them - Creepshow is slightly warped, Blackkklansman is perfect.

All of my Hi-Q records were perfect, plus a couple other records on the same day that some of these warped ones came. So I don’t know.
Seems to be more new releases with only 2 exceptions (and the warped Media Music came packaged with a second LP which wasn’t warped at all).
I don't get out to my local record stores too often but the wife and I went out to lunch in the city this weekend so I made her stop at 3 of them (she was very patient with me, haha). I picked up the following three LP's and I'm very happy to finally have them.

Mort Garson - Electronic Hair Pieces
Suzanne Cianni - The Velocity of Love
Norman Blake - Home in Sulphur Springs
If you are into folk/bluegrass music and have never heard this album you need to, he is one of the greats, up there with Doc Watson, Clarence White and Tony Rice.

And this came in the mail on saturday. Some beautiful Japanase ambient music reissued by We Release Whatever the Fuck We Want.
Yutaka Hirose - Nova +4
Nice pick ups inks

Not heard velocity of love or hair pieces but really need to check them out.

I have seven waves by Ciani and highly recommend it more chill and new age than a lot of the stuff finders keepers praise (although they did reissue seven waves) but probably my favourite of all the things she has done.
Dollarhyde wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:23 pm Nice pick ups inks

Not heard velocity of love or hair pieces but really need to check them out.

I have seven waves by Ciani and highly recommend it more chill and new age than a lot of the stuff finders keepers praise (although they did reissue seven waves) but probably my favourite of all the things she has done.
I highly recommend Hair Pieces, it's quite fantastic. Velocity of Love I gave a spin yesterday and enjoyed it but Seven Waves is better. If you haven't heard Cianni's Buchla Concerts 1975, it's my favorite album of hers.
https://finderskeepersrecords.bandcamp. ... certs-1975
@inks

I have the ltd leather sleeve release of that one. I like it, a lot, but have not spun it much at all. I dunno it reminded me of a lot of other similar, and also good, early electronic records. Seven waves gives me a warm and fuzzy nostalgic feeling even though I didn't grow up listening to it.

Will definitely get round to checking hair peices.
texasvinyl wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:42 pm I would sell the LTD for $85 shipped USA. About what it cost me to get from FK.
If this came up about a week ago I would take you up on that offer but I just dropped some cash on two Hosono LP's from Japan so I'm tapped out for a few weeks.