Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Maybe I’ve never needed to contact LITA before. They’re usually pretty good about shipping when they’re supposed to, but this has been a little frustrating. I would cancel my order, but the Feelings reissue is sold out and getting expensive already. The other two records I pre-ordered at the same time (KPM reissues from the same label) apparently got delayed, but lots of US sellers have them now.
I did a separate order of the new Ray Budd reissue, which it claims is in stock, but it’s been a while and they still haven’t shipped. I asked if they can at least send Feelings with Roy Budd and got some generic boilerplate about how they can’t change or combine orders.

Rappcats is always great, and so is Dusty Groove - I use those for as much as I can, but they don’t have everything.

You can’t preorder with Dusty Groove, which I guess is not a terrible thing, I guess. I just have to hope I notice their email alert when it comes in because it seems like they sell out fast.
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:38 am Pete, would you mind sharing your thoughts on the pressing quality on that yellow Mongo?
First I want to preface this with the fact I’m not a professional so I might not have the proper terms or might not be able to convey exactly what I mean to say but I’ll do my best.
So giving it a spin now and I think it sounds pretty good. The first platter was almost flawless, real quiet not a single crack or pop. I just finished listening to the first side of the second platter and I got to say although it’s slight I can hear a little fuzzyness and slight crackles on the second song but you really have to listen for it. It’s so small I’m not sure if it’s the disc or part of the source recording. All in all my copy at least sounds really good and until I can afford (win the lotto) an OG copy I’m really happy I grabbed one. Hope this helps.
By the way I saw you spinning Soul I’m jealous I haven’t picked it up yet but I really want a copy. Have you listened to the Jon Batiste album? I want to grab both but I’m more interested in the Trent Reznor score.
tim28212 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:12 pm
CrossedPete wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:34 am Thanks y’all I’m happy with them.

When I went to my record store I originally only had Full Metal Jacket and a couple other things. The guy running the place looked over my purchases saw full metal jacket and said “soundtracks? You like soundtracks?... hold on.” He went to the back for a minute, came back with Psycho 2 and asked if I was interested. Me trying to be cool about it I said “maybe how much do you want?” He looks the record over thinking about it for a minute. At this point I knew it was coming home with me. He says “how about $10?” “TEN dollars?!!!” I said a little too happy and loud, trying not to tip my hand I said “yeah I guess I’ll take it.” And I happily walked out of there with the deal of the day. I was pretty pumped.
@CrossedPete, That's funny. I've had similar experiences. I was in my local shop and came across George Michael's Freedom for $4 and let out a small yelp. Phred, the owner, looked over at me and laughed asking "find something?" A few minutes later I let out another upon finding Berlin's Greatest Hits. That was a good day and Phred could tell I was pretty excited. Like you I walked out pumped and feeling like I had scored. In hindsight I did, George Michael passed a couple weeks later and prices got stupid.
Glad to know I’m not the only one. Thanks for sharing.
CrossedPete wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:10 am
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:38 am Pete, would you mind sharing your thoughts on the pressing quality on that yellow Mongo?
First I want to preface this with the fact I’m not a professional so I might not have the proper terms or might not be able to convey exactly what I mean to say but I’ll do my best.
So giving it a spin now and I think it sounds pretty good. The first platter was almost flawless, real quiet not a single crack or pop. I just finished listening to the first side of the second platter and I got to say although it’s slight I can hear a little fuzzyness and slight crackles on the second song but you really have to listen for it. It’s so small I’m not sure if it’s the disc or part of the source recording. All in all my copy at least sounds really good and until I can afford (win the lotto) an OG copy I’m really happy I grabbed one. Hope this helps.
By the way I saw you spinning Soul I’m jealous I haven’t picked it up yet but I really want a copy. Have you listened to the Jon Batiste album? I want to grab both but I’m more interested in the Trent Reznor score.
Many thanks, friend.
Went to a record store pretty far from me that I’ve never been to and was stunned to find this VS classic in the wild!

88CF6937-AE28-43D5-961E-B165125AA776.jpeg
88CF6937-AE28-43D5-961E-B165125AA776.jpeg (763.23 KiB) Viewed 2238 times
It has the custom ball labels and it’s NM, too!
Not a screaming deal, but for *barely* under $100 and the condition (and for having it in my hands), I felt like it was a fair price.

Also found this Baxter in the wild today. Not usually a fan of duophonic but the price was right and it’s NM.

The Taboo Vol.2 came in the mail and was disappointing because although condition is great, it was supposed to be the stereo pressing. Trials and tribulations of exotica hunting, I guess.

Still can’t believe I have an OG Phantasm that I walked into a store and bought.
I find the price I’m willing to pay online and the price I’m willing to pay when something is in my hands in wild like that is DRAMATICALLY different. Well done.

I’ve been doing this a lot lately, driving to record stores far away. I’ve been driving hours away every weekend trying to find every little nook and cranny record shop hidden in the Hudson valley and beyond. I’ve found some gems for sure.
Hatter313 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:10 pm I find the price I’m willing to pay online and the price I’m willing to pay when something is in my hands in wild like that is DRAMATICALLY different. Well done.

I’ve been doing this a lot lately, driving to record stores far away. I’ve been driving hours away every weekend trying to find every little nook and cranny record shop hidden in the Hudson valley and beyond. I’ve found some gems for sure.
I haven't been in a record store in about 14 months, I really want to go to one (or 4) to dig. I really wish the few near me had more in line with my tastes. I occasionally find some stuff but it's very hit or miss. I guess that's probably a good thing for my wallet though. Also my favorite shop is only open thur-sat 11-6. I work until 5 and live 45 minutes from the shop. So I won't be going there until they open back up on Sundays or my side hustle on Saturdays gives me a day off.
havershaw wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:48 am
Still can’t believe I have an OG Phantasm that I walked into a store and bought.
Congrats @havershaw. A few years back there was a record shop about 30 minutes away from my that come into possession of a large amount of VS titles. Among them was a sealed Evil Dead. He was asking $250. Having it in hand and holding it I was so tempted. Ultimately I passed but I did get several others that were probably overpriced but having them in hand helped make the purchase easier.
inksb wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:14 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:10 pm I find the price I’m willing to pay online and the price I’m willing to pay when something is in my hands in wild like that is DRAMATICALLY different. Well done.

I haven't been in a record store in about 14 months, I really want to go to one (or 4) to dig. I really wish the few near me had more in line with my tastes. I occasionally find some stuff but it's very hit or miss. I guess that's probably a good thing for my wallet though. Also my favorite shop is only open thur-sat 11-6. I work until 5 and live 45 minutes from the shop. So I won't be going there until they open back up on Sundays or my side hustle on Saturdays gives me a day off.
I've heard from some friends there's good record shopping in Rochester, any truth to that? I rarely make it up that far but its not like i have much else to do on the weekends.
Hatter313 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:43 pm
inksb wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:14 pm

I've heard from some friends there's good record shopping in Rochester, any truth to that? I rarely make it up that far but its not like i have much else to do on the weekends.
There is definitely good shopping to be had as there are at least 5-6 shops in the Rochester area. There's a great little shop called Needle Drop that are very focused on punk, indie, metal, local music. I really enjoy them even if they are small and sometimes dont' have anything. The Bop Shop is geared more towards classical & jazz, pretty big selection of old stuff to dig through. Hi-Fi music has a small section but pretty well curated, nothing crazy but I enjoy going and picking up random stuff from him. I got 3 Tangerine Dream albums a while ago for under $10 each. Then there's a the big one, Record Archive, literally a record store in an old warehouse. They have tons of shit. I find it tough to dig usually because my wife is with me and after about 20 minutes she's bored. There may be a few others I'm forgetting or even new to the area. None of them have great soundtrack selections but occasionally you luck out. Two years ago some one traded in a ton of old Death Waltz records and I grabbed a few of them for pretty cheap.

I'm just complaining because I'm local :)

If for some reason you do make it up this way let me know. I live about 40 minutes from Rochester.
Oh yeah! Record Archive, thats the one i've heard about. Yeah man, if i make the hike i'll let you know for sure. I made it as far as Poughkeepsie last week end so each time i get a shade further up. (not that thats a huge hike for me, but i drove around fro a few hours before deciding so it felt like a longer trip haha)

And yeah as for being local, i get that. we have 1 or 2 really good shops near me but even then i've been through them so many times i have to wait months between trips so their stock builds back up.

And we won't even bother discussing the state of record shopping in the city itself...and i'd rather drive 6/7 hours to rochester than hike into brooklyn most of the time.
March acquisitions:
I finally decided I needed to get Johann's Mandy only to find that here in the states the prices have gotten stupid. I ended up getting it from Juno's along with Steve Moore's Analog. House and Jacob's Ladder are 2 Varese Sarabande mini-grails of mine and Dominique Fils-Aimé is a new Canadian artist I've recently discovered that I just love. Also came across 2 other VS titles, Firewalker and Final Option, at very resonable prices so I snagged them.
Attachments
P4014250.JPG
P4014250.JPG (259.21 KiB) Viewed 2159 times
CrossedPete wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:35 pm Nice ones @tim I’m in the same boat with Mandy. I slept on it for too long now I don’t really want to pay some of the prices I’ve seen
try juno.co.uk, thats where I got mine for around $22, if you find something else to go along with it shipping doesn't turn out to be too bad. I got mandy and Steve Moore and the price averaged out to about $30 each which included shipping.
Some cheap Joe Hisaishi pick ups.

The one in the middle only has two short tracks by Hisaishi, which also partly contain elements of the Chinese spoken word from the movie, and even copious amounts of typical martial arts FX :D. The bgm by hisaishi is quite nice though, very reminiscent of the synth work from Nausicaa.

The other two are much more solid full Hisaishi OSTs there are short bits of dialogue from the movie here and there, and a couple of vocal pop tunes but the rest is classic synth hisaishi, with some piano and orchestral elements mixed in, reminds me of stuff from his scores for Laputa or birth, but more atmospheric in places. Recommended if you can find on the cheap
Attachments
IMG_20210403_133916.jpg
IMG_20210403_133916.jpg (2.01 MiB) Viewed 2066 times
Had a few big orders touch down over the last week, my Steve Moore orders, an order from Japan and an order from resident Japanese LP connoisseur, Dollarhyde. The first 5 in the pic are from Dollar, big thanks for helping me flesh out my collection.

Joe Hisaishi - Arion Image Album
Joe Hisaishi - Birth Image Album
Fumio - Moon
Fumio - Star
Asei Kobayashi Takeo Yamashita - Fantasy World of Shigeru Mizuki
Miracle - The Strife Of Love In A Dream (Steve Moore, Danielle O'Sullivan & AE Paterra)
Nozomu Naka & Yoshihiro Kunimoto - Sayuri Amagi Matendo Sonata Image Album
Fumitaka Anzai - Jyuma Densetsu [Digital Trip Fantasy]
Chumei Watanabe ‎– Iczer One Part 1
Osamu Shoji Adieu Galaxy Express 999 [Digital Trip Fantasy]
Steve Moore - Mayhem