Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

i thought both galaxy of terror or forbidden world given that pose, but i don't believe its either.
Today I got pretty lucky at my local record store, where I had dropped a bunch of records for cleaning.

They bought a huge soundtracks collection (12 giant boxes!) and they had only put out 3 boxes of that. I missed some of the big stuff (4 copies of The Shining!) but these were all very reasonably priced.

The best news is that they let me pick through the next 3 boxes and I found some real gems. They’re going to price them overnight, so I’ll go back tomorrow for them. But there was a ton of VS in there - the Raising Arizona/Blood Simple LP, Morricone’s Bloodline, ESNY, etc. Plus at least 10 Goldsmith scores I’ve never even heard of, and an OG US Bird With the Crystal Plumage. Oh, and like 5 copies of Love at First Bite, lol.

Anyway, this is what I grabbed from what had already been put out, and tomorrow I’ll pick up what I pulled out today, and I get to go through another bunch of boxes. Hopefully I’ll find some more VS gold in there. Their prices are *extremely* fair, too.
78656D8A-9B54-4F77-8777-C4BF910020AB.jpeg
78656D8A-9B54-4F77-8777-C4BF910020AB.jpeg (557.83 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
Yeah I can’t believe it.

If anyone’s got any VS holy grails (apart from the obvious big ones - I know what those are), let me know!

Also, any sleeper Goldsmith recommendations? I feel like they had tons of his stuff there.
@deaf I think there’s a lot of stuff that already flew the coop, but I’m hoping there’s still a lot of good stuff in the remaining boxes I didn’t get to see yet.

At the very least, I’ll be able to grab that Raising Arizona and a few others I had them put aside last night.
havershaw wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:07 am Yeah I can’t believe it.

If anyone’s got any VS holy grails (apart from the obvious big ones - I know what those are), let me know!

Also, any sleeper Goldsmith recommendations? I feel like they had tons of his stuff there.
Of the less obvious/famous ones (Total Recall etc) released by VS, I would highly recommend the following if you see them at good price/you don't already have them:

LINK This is one of my fave quirky Goldsmith scores, I loooove it and play it loads! The film is great fun too
RUNAWAY
OMEN III
SUPERGIRL
Dark crystal OG is my favorite in the pile you have there, one of my favorite scores. Might spin that today haha.

I have long imagined this exact scenario happening to me dude, have at them!
Yeah its rare i don't pick up a goldsmith when i see one. Goldsmith and Morricone are usually automatic even if i don't know the score or the film. Maurice Jarre most of the time too now that I think about it.

@scojo, on that note Rampage is EXCELLENT, I remembered now that i had sought the film out before and never actually watched it, will remedy that soon.
Hatter313 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:33 pm
@scojo, on that note Rampage is EXCELLENT, I remembered now that i had sought the film out before and never actually watched it, will remedy that soon.
Nice one! Yes I think it's superb, very haunting and ethereal score, and actually adds disturbing element to the film - maybe not particularly succesful Friedkin movie (there were a lot of problems) but very interesting nonetheless. Has the look and feel of a made-for-cable movie, really wish we could get a decent w/s transfer even in SD! I'm sure it would give the film a lift and change the viewing experience.
I would have to say that Goldsmith is a giant hole in my soundtrack collection. I feel like if Tim were look at my collection he'd scold me on how lacking it is haha

I'll have to remedy that after the dust settles on this VS binge
Bub wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:40 pm Excellent haul Havershaw! Does your Dark Crystal have the poster?

And 12 boxes of OSTs you say?
3576BEDF-BB93-485E-BA9F-9253236B3704.jpeg
3576BEDF-BB93-485E-BA9F-9253236B3704.jpeg (819.13 KiB) Viewed 1720 times
Last edited by havershaw on Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i was gonna ask, love that poster