Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

I put off buying these two because, honestly, I think they have some of the least inspired covers of all of MP2000. But also, based on the titles, I thought they wouldn’t be my cup of tea.
But i got a super cheap deal on these. And it turns out they’re both pretty great.
World News is weird, heavy psych-folk madness, and World Reels is kind of ominous and dreamy.
I don’t know if I’ve been let down by an MP2000 yet.
59D42F9D-13FE-4E29-968C-C4D94166EDAF.jpeg
59D42F9D-13FE-4E29-968C-C4D94166EDAF.jpeg (352.05 KiB) Viewed 3844 times
inksb wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:55 pm Should we rename this thread "Havershaw's descent into Library madness" ???
The madness is real.

Now I’m making bargains with myself: “ok I will slow down significantly once I’ve finished the MP2000 and April Orchestra. and the Patchwork.”

and maybe some CAM, maybe some Tele Music, - few of the the IML..
havershaw wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:06 am Today’s arrivals.
FYI, the Four Flies LP is pretty damn quiet. Rarely hear a crackle.

0F0602A7-A2ED-4275-8748-621370EDC538.jpeg
As ever, I have to ask- is it really worth paying for/having all the additional and alt cues to have this as 2xlp? I'll be honest, so many Italo soundtracks Im happy to have either an og or single disc pressing, and fill my itunes with the expanded stuff.

What imma asking is- essential, @hs?
ScoJo wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:39 am
havershaw wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:06 am Today’s arrivals.
FYI, the Four Flies LP is pretty damn quiet. Rarely hear a crackle.

0F0602A7-A2ED-4275-8748-621370EDC538.jpeg
As ever, I have to ask- is it really worth paying for/having all the additional and alt cues to have this as 2xlp? I'll be honest, so many Italo soundtracks Im happy to have either an og or single disc pressing, and fill my itunes with the expanded stuff.

What imma asking is- essential, @hs?
Also interested in this info but guess ultimately it boils down to how much one likes the music and the packaging.

The expanded releases of the Italian stuff often overstay their welcome imo. I‘m on the fence with this one though as I quite like the packaging idea with the velvet cover (although Cinedelic did this first with Macchi’s Il Deserto), the score has grown on me over the years, and I don‘t own the previous Dagored or AMS release.
@scojo - I wasn’t super familiar with this score before, and I’m loving it, but it’s hard for me to say if it’s “essential.”

Only listened to the first disc so I don’t know about all the extra stuff on side C (I’m assuming that’s all the extra bits on there).
I think I’m with you on all of the “expanded” releases though. A lot of times it seems like the extra stuff is a slightly different mix or some slightly mutated version, but nothing to really write home about.

But then, I’m not even all that enamored of the expanded Mondo Elfman Batman. I think I got used to the original LP enough as a kid that I was stunned how much I felt the expanded one dragged (in terms of pacing).
havershaw wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:47 pm @scojo - I wasn’t super familiar with this score before, and I’m loving it, but it’s hard for me to say if it’s “essential.”

Only listened to the first disc so I don’t know about all the extra stuff on side C (I’m assuming that’s all the extra bits on there).
I think I’m with you on all of the “expanded” releases though. A lot of times it seems like the extra stuff is a slightly different mix or some slightly mutated version, but nothing to really write home about.

But then, I’m not even all that enamored of the expanded Mondo Elfman Batman. I think I got used to the original LP enough as a kid that I was stunned how much I felt the expanded one dragged (in terms of pacing).
You know I'd actually forgotten that it's only three sides too... which de-incentivises me even further tbh. Pretty sure I'll stay with my AMS on this, with that awesome OG art (that Julian House ripped for his Berberian Sound Studio uk poster...)
By any objective standards, today was an absolutely *insane* mail day.
All of this came today except La Battaglia, which arrived yesterday.
57F5F70F-FBA2-49AF-95CC-92424134881A.jpeg
57F5F70F-FBA2-49AF-95CC-92424134881A.jpeg (564.62 KiB) Viewed 3614 times
8C1EBABB-F0E1-471E-BCA3-43644E83B50E.jpeg
8C1EBABB-F0E1-471E-BCA3-43644E83B50E.jpeg (317.61 KiB) Viewed 3614 times
31F34160-990A-4F94-9D73-7FA4F18CF1D9.jpeg
31F34160-990A-4F94-9D73-7FA4F18CF1D9.jpeg (592.87 KiB) Viewed 3614 times
Some information on the new 4 Flies on Grey Velvet that I edited.
First of all it's Morricone's best soundtrack for Argento.
Secondly, the previous albums contained suites, my version individual tracks in the same order in wich they appear in the film. And there are tracks never included before on LP (and on CD).
In my opinion, the listening experience is completely new and much better in this version.
I am quite amazed by your doubts, also considering the packaging and the etched side.
Red Goblin wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:59 am Some information on the new 4 Flies on Grey Velvet that I edited.
Secondly, the previous albums contained suites, my version individual tracks in the same order in wich they appear in the film. And there are tracks never included before on LP (and on CD).
In my opinion, the listening experience is completely new and much better in this version.
I am quite amazed by your doubts, also considering the packaging and the etched side.
Thanks for dropping this knowledge @RG- my own doubts were certainly no reflection on the work you have contributed to the release, as I wasn't aware of it- sounds amazing. I also didn't know that the previous releases were comprised of suites. Great info cheers!
I personally am not too in love with the packaging/etched side, but your comments on the music within have convinced me that I need this definitive version.
Mille grazie!
Red Goblin wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:59 am Some information on the new 4 Flies on Grey Velvet that I edited.
Thanks for the additional info and clarification on the previous releases. I was already sold on it based on your previous info for the new tracks. I'm personally not a fan of the fancy packaging and etchings don't do anything for me. I'm waiting for the retail version to hit before I pick it up. I had originally asked what the sound quality for the folks here that bought it in the DW thread because I had been talking to some one else where and they were not happy with their copy, it was full of noise and pops that they couldn't get rid of even after cleaning. A few folks here chimed in after I asked letting me know that their copies all sounded fine so it seems the person I spoke with just got a bad copy and it's not inherent to the pressing.