Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Last month, I had a few records linger in NYC for 3 weeks.

Now I’m a little concerned because I don’t even see that my Sonor stuff has hit the US.

I ordered that new one from Rappcats. Pretty sure I’m done ordering from the labels in Europe. My last Four Flies purchase took well over a month to get here from when it was shipped.
@Bez - Epic mail day. I see you have your summer listening pile well in hand now. Also, nice score with Videodrome.

Regarding shipments inbound into the US, I know a lot of countries are still waiting for mail cargo flights to the US. I had a package in Japan that had to wait two months (April-June) for a cargo flight. If US customs is implementing additional holds on top of that after receiving, then this might take some extreme patience.
deafmetal wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:31 am @Bez - Epic mail day. I see you have your summer listening pile well in hand now. Also, nice score with Videodrome.

Regarding shipments inbound into the US, I know a lot of countries are still waiting for mail cargo flights to the US. I had a package in Japan that had to wait two months (April-June) for a cargo flight. If US customs is implementing additional holds on top of that after receiving, then this might take some extreme patience.
Thanks @Deaf
I knew you would approve :-)

I had two packages shipped around the end of March from the US to the Netherlands. One arrived at the postal office yesterday and I can collect it this week. It was last seen around April 15 in New York. Apparently a lot of packages from that period where shipped on containerships in stead of by plane. Now hoping that the other packages will also appear after three months.
Wowzers.
I need both of those Digitmovies releases.

I just sent another email to Sonor. My AA and Freedom Power show that while they were sent, they still haven’t left the Netherlands. It’s been about a month now, so I’m a little worried.
havershaw wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:24 pm Wowzers.
I need both of those Digitmovies releases.

I just sent another email to Sonor. My AA and Freedom Power show that while they were sent, they still haven’t left the Netherlands. It’s been about a month now, so I’m a little worried.
Have you tried tracking it through 17track.net? If I track it through USPS it just says accepted but if I put the tracking number into 17track it gives more info, shows an entire week's worth of tracking info leading up to "The item is on transport to the country of destination"
havershaw wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:06 pm @inks, thanks for the tip! Never heard of that.

Unfortunately, it gives me the same thing the USPS tracking gives me, which is that it still hasn’t even made it to the US after a month.
That's been the way it goes lately. My latest package from Greece took 29 days to reach the US. I think some one around here said they had a package take almost two months to go from Japan to the US. It's crazy. Meanwhile I just had a package go from the Netherlands to my doorstep in less than 7 days via DHL. Fucking crazy.
Yeah, I’ve had a few things take a crazy long time to get here, but in pretty much every case, it’s like it spent a month in NYC after it hit customs. I don’t think I’ve seen this big of a delay in something leaving a county before, but I also don’t know if I’ve ordered from NL since this whole thing started.
inksb wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:12 pm
That's been the way it goes lately. My latest package from Greece took 29 days to reach the US. I think some one around here said they had a package take almost two months to go from Japan to the US. It's crazy. Meanwhile I just had a package go from the Netherlands to my doorstep in less than 7 days via DHL. Fucking crazy.
DHL/FedEx/UPS have their own international cargo planes, which is why they are completing shipments so fast compared to international postal handoffs to USPS which are severely backlogged as they lease out cargo from other commercial carriers or whatever flight they could find now. I was able to get a DHL package from Japan in three days compared to my two month package from Japan Post --> USPS. It is fucking crazy, and Japan Post has completely stopped accepting any packages (both EMS and SAL) to the US since late May because of the backlog.
I got this strange thing with my latest packages from Japan. It was cheap and I only bought it based on the image of the cover. Only just now I opened it because I wanted to add it to Discogs.
And is is not what I was expecting.

It appears to be a book (opens from right to left) containing info about American westerns (I think - need to put all the text through google translate - but the pictures speak for themselves).
At the end of the booklet it contains 4 flexi discs...

Now I will try to see if I can make sense of it all and see what actually is on the flexis.