Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

inksb wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:47 pm That's a hell of a haul @bez! Demon Wind and Waxworks are great!

I didn't really pay attention to the Escape From LA release, why is that two cassettes?

Here's last weeks arrivals, a healthy variety of genre's

unnamed (5).jpg
no idea why escape from LA are two cassettes... I'll see if I can find out.

Great collection of new records @inksb. Haven't heard any of them. Not sure if I have seen Tokyo Fist... Looked it up very quickly and I see that I probably would love it.

and I haven't gotten a clue what you got a good deal on... I am very bad at that game.
inksb wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:37 pm Came across a great deal yesterday curious to if it's as good as stated. Continuing our game...

Screenshot 2023-02-01 093554.jpg
What label?

That's a tiny sample pic bruv, gonna need a little leg up with this one ;)
By Bub
tumblr_nx94jcarBe1u41y3ao3_400.gif
tumblr_nx94jcarBe1u41y3ao3_400.gif (904.61 KiB) Viewed 1297 times

Edit: Damn, I took too long sourcing my gif haha

Edit 2: Good job, Inks! It's a real beauty in person with the textured jacket.
Bez it is Le Mariage Collectif. Originally only a scarce french 7" that trades for a tidy sum. The liner note claims they found the acetate in a garbage dump and used it to press the LP from the acetate copy in 2012. It was done by Born Bad Records which has put out some cool stuff over the years.

texasvinyl wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:43 pm Bez it is Le Mariage Collectif. Originally only a scarce french 7" that trades for a tidy sum. The liner note claims they found the acetate in a garbage dump and used it to press the LP from the acetate copy in 2012. It was done by Born Bad Records which has put out some cool stuff over the years.

Sexopolis!
texasvinyl wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:43 pm Bez it is Le Mariage Collectif. Originally only a scarce french 7" that trades for a tidy sum. The liner note claims they found the acetate in a garbage dump and used it to press the LP from the acetate copy in 2012. It was done by Born Bad Records which has put out some cool stuff over the years.

That is really cool! I actually am on the Born Bad Records mailing list but because it rarely is soundtracks I don’t pay a lot of attention. I bought a 7” of something 7 years or so ago…
The game is afoot!

0A39402E-E26D-49EA-AAB7-489B76B928C6.jpeg
0A39402E-E26D-49EA-AAB7-489B76B928C6.jpeg (41.01 KiB) Viewed 1231 times

This is something that’s had a bunch of reissues, the first of which I have, but always wanted an OG. Hint hint: it’s a soundtrack which has been played here on the forum quite recently, which had me doing a quick scout around for an orig and voila - all thanks to good brother Static who succesfully put an offer in for me from a US seller.
inksb wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:27 pm This weeks arrivals. I spun Bolero this morning, it's quite good. Thanks @scojo for bringing it to my attention in the Canon discussion

unnamed (6).jpg
very nice ones @Inksb

I should get that Maddalena as well. Was looking for an OG but I see there is a bootleg from the eighties that looks very much like the OG. If I am paying a lot I want to get the OG of course. How does this re-issue sound @Inskb?
@deaf do you know what the deal is with that? And how that bootleg sounds?
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:00 pm
inksb wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:27 pm This weeks arrivals. I spun Bolero this morning, it's quite good. Thanks @scojo for bringing it to my attention in the Canon discussion

unnamed (6).jpg
very nice ones @Inksb

I should get that Maddalena as well. Was looking for an OG but I see there is a bootleg from the eighties that looks very much like the OG. If I am paying a lot I want to get the OG of course. How does this re-issue sound @Inskb?
@deaf do you know what the deal is with that? And how that bootleg sounds?
I haven't had a chance to listen yet. Looks like the 2015 reissue and the two that have followed include a bonus track on the end of the record. I'd be careful buying the OG if you go for one at least one person on discogs has done a good job describing the differences between an OG and boot in the comments.

I'll let you know how it sounds as soon as I listen to it, although I don't have anything to directly compare it to.