Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By J.R.
OK, so I've posted once or twice here, but thought I should perhaps properly introduce myself, and why not with a record you all have all probably had for ages, but is only new for my collection... I've been reviewing movies for over ten years, mainly horror and exploitation, at an Australian website and during that time have bought many soundtracks on CD but recently was suckered into the world of vinyl again, mainly due to a chance purchase from a pawn shop of Jaws, which sparked me to look for more vinyl soundtracks, and I discovered this relatively new movement of collectable vinyl soundtracks, and once I saw that Friday the 13th part 2 was available, I became hooked.

Thanks for having me!

.... and yes, I desperately need a new record player rather than that teenage girl one in that picture. Big pay in January so I hope for one then!
Attachments
tenebrae.jpg
tenebrae.jpg (29.03 KiB) Viewed 14663 times
Spun out of control wrote:The stairs make a return with a newly-sourced triple threat from Stelvio Cipriani, plus Moroder's finest hour?
Love that Tentacles one!
What is the one bottom left?
And beautiful stairs ;-)
@spun @Bezulsqy Effetto Azurro on RCA by cipriani, I think? I Have been ponderimg grabbing it on discogs, how is it @spun? I think I heard the one promising clip on discogs.

My recent pickups.

Fez= VGOST of the year for me, closely followed bt streets of rage and battle toads.

Eyeball is a solid slice of nicolai.
Attachments
2015-12-15 13.50.51.png
2015-12-15 13.50.51.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 14549 times
@Dollarhyde

Correct! The Cipriani 'Effetto Azzurro' appears to be for a documentary about the airforce, or military planes at least - will have to do some more research.

Had one of those Discogs alerts telling me a buyer was selling a copy of Tentacles, which I have been after for ages, and found a few other goodies on his 'selling' list that I liked the sound of from the brief clips... The LP runs the gamut from familiar Cipriani harpsichord numbers to some easy listening funk, to orchestral and waltz like piano.

Helpfully someone has stuck the whole lot up on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejR6V8l ... vJ9LIYwv3u

'Cavalieri Del Cielo' is a banger!
@ Dollarhyde, Phantomnoir, Deafmetal
It will be released in 2016 but I have no idea when. For my part I have already provided posters & lobby cards images and wrote the liner notes in English. I have not yet seen the first draft of the cover so I would say it will be out in the second half of 2016.
Bezulsqy wrote:Thanks ScoJo! And more to come :-)
Hey buddy - glad these made it to you safe and sound! I feel for the poor postie who got the workout delivering these two monsters to you though...oof!
monsterworship wrote:Every copy of andromeda strain I have seen (only about 4 or 5 in person) have always been scratched to hell.
i have the shaped one and it is super noisy, i think i paid 15 bucks still.
When it rains it pours, found a hex copy of Andromeda Strain today at lunch in the novelty jacket.

And I grabbed two more copies of Kronos OST for anyone on the board who wants em, they were $8+tax, so $12.50 shipped in the US.
texasvinyl wrote:I'll have to grab Fez when the next pressing comes around. I skipped it due to the price, but it seems to be getting great reviews.

If you are a fan of chiptune VGM grab it if you can, it's great. i think it works really well on vinyl, the four sides seem to work like four episodes almost.

The gold embossed sleeve looks real nice, but there is no title or cat number, or publishing date/info on the gatefold which is odd. Those golden squares on the inside of the gatefold translate into each discs tracklisting reading downwards from right to left.

It's a brilliant game too!

You can here the whole lp in digital on disasterpeaces bandcamp.