Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Mateo Sanboval wrote:Christ, I love The Visitor. What a great score.
It's one I've not listened to yet, other than some samples on Soundcloud. I found it at a really good price. I also decided The Beyond is good enough to merit breaking my v current 'only buy vinyl if I don't have the digital' rule. Budget schmudget.
chiefbrody wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Christ, I love The Visitor. What a great score.
It's one I've not listened to yet, other than some samples on Soundcloud. I found it at a really good price. I also decided The Beyond is good enough to merit breaking my v current 'only buy vinyl if I don't have the digital' rule. Budget schmudget.
You just named my two favorite Mondo releases.
Aremagod wrote:This arrived on Fri.....could never find one in the wild.
Nice work, Aremagod. I've never seen one in person either.
I'm almost positive my local has a copy of this. I'll take a look next time I stop by
Is it too early to nominate best of 2016? I'm pretty sure this will be my pick unless someone just blows one out of the water.

What a classy release from Cinedelic. I love the canvas on the cover, and I don't know if it shows in the pic but the outside of the box also has a nice wood grain effect. Remastered from original master tapes courtesy of the Macchi estate, and the compositions are exquisite.. Not to be missed if you like the avant garde brilliance of Egisto Macchi. Disc one is red, disc two is white and disc three is green. With paint brush to complete the Pittura motif. And a download card. It gets a 9/10 from me.
Attachments
1455577462410479286711.jpg
1455577462410479286711.jpg (1.92 MiB) Viewed 14838 times
She's a beaut, Tex. A beaut! Were the two videos Cinedelic posted on their YouTube channel representative of the collection as a whole?
Mateo Sanboval wrote:She's a beaut, Tex. A beaut! Were the two videos Cinedelic posted on their YouTube channel representative of the collection as a whole?
Kind of? And maybe not? If only because the pieces are somewhat varied. Disc one is more experimental, what you might expect as a Macchi library (experimental percussion, extended technique piano, scraping strings, atonality), and then it closes with the very rhythmic almost "classical drone" Janis Kounellis (one of the tracks on YouTube) which is hypnotizing. Disc two is more beautiful and melodic. Disc three is perhaps the most varied and includes the jazzy pop art track (the other clip on YouTube). I think it is a tough set to put in a box description wise, I'm not eloquent enough to describe it properly.

After spinning the discs (I was listening to the download today) there are a couple little manufacturing QC gripes, two or three sides are a little off-center which is a pet peeve of mine. I had to widen the center holes a little but that's no big deal. I might archive the color set and get a black vinyl one to listen to and hope those are pressed centered. Mastering is on point, very dynamic.
Got mine from Cinedelic through today and what a package. We're having some work done on the house but once the builders are gone I can stop pretending to be butch, get the wine out and lose myself in this music. Can't bloody wait. On a side note, bought this today after having listening to the digital for ages and missing the second pressing.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (105.92 KiB) Viewed 14762 times
Bloodstained Shadow turned up today. Sound is good, I can hear the stripe just a bit when it passes in the quietest parts. Not bad at all or anything, but if you want 100% whisper quiet maybe go with the black one. Jacket looks great and the OBI teases Dracula 1972. Stellar release!!! Keep em coming :-)
Last House on Dead End Street also turned up. Heavy single sleeve jacket, printed inner sleeve, and insert. Black vinyl. The music is just terrifying, really nightmarish horror cues. I really don't have any KPM records, and I had no idea there was stuff like this on those libraries. Both runout grooves have a locked groove at the end. There is also one inexplicably funky lounge track towards the end of Side A.

Definitely a huge change of pace for Vombis. I hope they aren't done with the Italian stuff, because their release of Concorde Affaire '79 was awesome.
phantomnoir wrote:Pheon (aka Trunk) is back. I had to buy this one:

500 vinyl copies only, no download, no repress no nothing.
Phantom, do you have this yet? Could you post a tracklisting if/when you do?
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
phantomnoir wrote:Pheon (aka Trunk) is back. I had to buy this one:

500 vinyl copies only, no download, no repress no nothing.
Phantom, do you have this yet? Could you post a tracklisting if/when you do?
Nope. I've just placed an order. But I'll report when I receive it.
@Mateo, it's now available through LITA: LINK.

Here's the tracklist:

I Marc 4 – Hyde Park
Francesco De Masi – L’Infinito Orizzonte Dei Mari E Delle
Francesco De Masi – La Fame
I Marc 4 – Piccadilly Circus
Gino Marinuzi Jnr – Battaglia Di Ritmi
Alessandroni – Giovani Flirt
Alessandroni – Acque Azzure
Stefano Torossi – Sixth Dimension
Stefano Torossi – Coast To Coast
Jnr – Battaglia Di Ritmi
Alessandroni – Giovani Flirt
Alessandroni – Acque Azzure
Stefano Torossi – Sixth Dimension
Stefano Torossi – Coast To Coast
Giovanni Tommaso – Metropolis
Francesco De Masi – Altalena party
Luigo Zito – Miscellanea - Movimento
Disappointed not to see any tracks from the Intermezzi series or open air parade. But as an introduction to the sermi label the picks are pretty solid. I do need to track down that Zito Miscellanea and the L'Italia Vista Dal Cielo albums still. India I don't have either, but is that a SR title?