Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

This showed up yesterday, the artwork is unreal. I haven't had a chance to listen yet but hopefully tonight or tomorrow.
My camera on my phone sucks and doesn't capture this artwork nearly as well as it should.

inksb wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:20 pm This showed up yesterday, the artwork is unreal. I haven't had a chance to listen yet but hopefully tonight or tomorrow.
My camera on my phone sucks and doesn't capture this artwork nearly as well as it should.

its a stunning package, he had a mondocon exclusive cover that i loved, but i was almost tempted to get both.
thanks all.
@Texas yeah, i loooove Ritmo. Four months ago it was selling everywhere for $50 but I was kinda broke. Last week the few places that had it were asking $75 so I had to bite the bullet and pay up. But it’s one of my favorite AA records.

@inksb yep, there are all kinds of ECs in my office at home right now (my son constantly messes up the order).

I have all Crime and Shock Suspenstories too. Love me some ECs.
Attachments
535E3ED2-CC89-4580-9AF5-40BC42E0502C.jpeg
535E3ED2-CC89-4580-9AF5-40BC42E0502C.jpeg (2.51 MiB) Viewed 2107 times
Those are awesome. I used to go to my grandmothers when I was young and dig through boxes of comics my dad had as a kid that were stored in one of her closets. My favorites were always Thor, Conan and EC comics. I wish I still had those but they were lost to time at one point.
These are issue for issue reprints from the 90s.

When I was a kid, I had a lot of original ones, thanks to my local comic shop, but over the years I had sold them off.
Now those original ones are way out of my price range (I still have a handful of really beat up originals). But these Gladstone 90s reprints are pretty great.
I’ve got most of the archives that dark horse has been putting out (carrying on from gemstone) for tales, vault, and haunt. Waiting on Dark horse to reprint one volume from each that they still haven’t gotten to yet and then I’ll be all set on the big 3
havershaw wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:34 am The Dark Horse ones are super cool too.
It's the easiest way to get them these days. I though about tracking down the old black and white archive editions but the aftermarket on those sets is too much for me when there's readily available ones. I'd love them to remaster the show and put it out on blu, but the dvd's are fine. Tis the season to start pulling those out again I think.
I think my wife would think I've lost my mind if I had two deliveries this size in a week. I already get passive aggressive criticism when I get 3 records delivered in a week :)

That Sounds Unusual LP looks really interesting.
@inksb she’s being pretty nice because we were broke all summer and I barely bought anything.

I finally sold off a ton of collectibles and some instruments I had long been promising to sell, so I have a little hobby money to play with. i don’t think she’ll start to get upset until the end of next week, when how much I bought this week *really* hits her.
I'm in a similar situation with trying to get rid of some stuff I don't use or listen to anymore, so I can fund some other "unnecessary" purchase. I'm trying to get a Moog Mother 32 but don't want to buy one full price so I've been hunting ebay and reverb.com trying to find one in the $350-$400 range, meanwhile I'm selling off records at $50 a piece the last few days on discogs so it's pushing me towards that purchase finally. I get a lot of harassment from the wife but mostly just poking fun at my obsessive collecting habits and how I really should be saving for a bigger house so I can put all my shit in it because we are running out of room in our current home.
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:53 pm Ink, I too have synthititis and have fallen into the eurorack pit. Look for DJ Jaime Miguel’s essential Moroder jams in the future.
I want to get into modular stuff so bad but the price is keeping me in check at the moment. I'm dipping my toes in with the Mother 32.

What do you have currently in your eurorack set up?
@havershaw

Awesome load of library pick ups!

The yasuaki shimizu music for commercials LP is really great happy to get this og copy cheap, there is also a reissue of this out there.
The other two are 3xlp collections (I also have part 3) a huge amount of cuts and cues to katsuo ohno's prolific soundtracking of numerous Japanese cop shows such as 'Bark at the sun'
A clip of the shimizu,