Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Wow, forgot about those Dimensione Sonore reissues. So cool.

No shipping notification for me on the Feelings reissue through LITA, though I may have also ordered the KPM reissues on the same order so maybe that’s why.

Found some cool stuff in the wild today: The Swarm (sealed!), 7 Volte 7, Primitiva.
The other two came in the mail.
The cat’s been here for a while.
B1B5986E-1B21-4793-8257-81732174ABB0.jpeg
B1B5986E-1B21-4793-8257-81732174ABB0.jpeg (509.18 KiB) Viewed 2263 times
ScoJo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:44 pm
CrossedPete wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:02 pm The Deadly Spawn!!! I should’ve guessed it. When I saw the pic I literally said ‘Holy Shit’ out loud. This record is on my always growing want list. I would settle for the reissue, although all the love over OG pressings lately make me think I might focus on an original copy. Do you know if the reissue is a straight repress? Or has it been remastered? Possible candidate for comparison corner?
The Mongo states that it was 'Remastered by James Plotkin'. From what source, it doesn't elaborate.

A quick compare between them shows that they sound very similar, though the original Deadly Records is a touch louder and the flute on the title track has been tamed slightly/is less forceful and raspy on the reissue. The track listings are identical.

The original pressing is flawless and despite it's age, there was very little surface noise and only a little bit of snap and crackle. Even after a clean there was substantial noise throughout on the Mongo pressing (the black vinyl version) though only what we've come to expect.

I prefer the original, though I do really like the toothy sleeve art on the reissue. I'll be keeping a copy as a backup for sure. There are also some funny ironic comments on the vinyl release by Michael Perilstein and cool liner notes about the composer.

But I'll be reaching for the DR when I want the full Deadly experience.

There's a funny little detail on the back of the Mongo - the licensing/production statement reads as follows:

"All rights reserved (including, but not limited to, the right to be re-served - assuming that one has already been served in the first place). This sentence wants you to believe that it has conscious awareness, even though it knows that it doesn't."
I just wanted to give a quick thanks to @scojo for taking the time and doing a small comparison. Something he really didn’t have to do. The info you provide is great and I fell it helps me make an informed decision and I wouldn’t feel bad about picking up the reissue. Although if I stumble across an OG I know what to do. Respect
CrossedPete wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:16 pm
ScoJo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:44 pm
CrossedPete wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:02 pm The Deadly Spawn!!! I should’ve guessed it. When I saw the pic I literally said ‘Holy Shit’ out loud. This record is on my always growing want list. I would settle for the reissue, although all the love over OG pressings lately make me think I might focus on an original copy. Do you know if the reissue is a straight repress? Or has it been remastered? Possible candidate for comparison corner?
The Mongo states that it was 'Remastered by James Plotkin'. From what source, it doesn't elaborate.

A quick compare between them shows that they sound very similar, though the original Deadly Records is a touch louder and the flute on the title track has been tamed slightly/is less forceful and raspy on the reissue. The track listings are identical.

The original pressing is flawless and despite it's age, there was very little surface noise and only a little bit of snap and crackle. Even after a clean there was substantial noise throughout on the Mongo pressing (the black vinyl version) though only what we've come to expect.

I prefer the original, though I do really like the toothy sleeve art on the reissue. I'll be keeping a copy as a backup for sure. There are also some funny ironic comments on the vinyl release by Michael Perilstein and cool liner notes about the composer.

But I'll be reaching for the DR when I want the full Deadly experience.

There's a funny little detail on the back of the Mongo - the licensing/production statement reads as follows:

"All rights reserved (including, but not limited to, the right to be re-served - assuming that one has already been served in the first place). This sentence wants you to believe that it has conscious awareness, even though it knows that it doesn't."
I just wanted to give a quick thanks to @scojo for taking the time and doing a small comparison. Something he really didn’t have to do. The info you provide is great and I fell it helps me make an informed decision and I wouldn’t feel bad about picking up the reissue. Although if I stumble across an OG I know what to do. Respect
Denada, oh-Crossed One :) It's always interesting for me too, and prompts me to take the time to do something I should anyway, since I also want to figure out which releases are worth really hanging on to.
Yeah that’s something I haven’t done yet is pare things down. I’m sure it’s coming one day as I do have doubles of some titles even triples on a couple, I even have 4 copies on one title. So I really enjoy the comparisons. Until I find out I need another different copy :)
Here’s my finds for the day except the Fat Joe. That came in the mail. This is my second copy of Starman I couldn’t pass it up also to my surprise I found a copy of Hell’s Belles. It’s weird how the universe works sometimes
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.91 MiB) Viewed 2213 times
CrossedPete wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:58 pm Here’s my finds for the day except the Fat Joe. That came in the mail. This is my second copy of Starman I couldn’t pass it up also to my surprise I found a copy of Hell’s Belles. It’s weird how the universe works sometimes image.jpg
Respect on the Fat Joe. Always loved his vibe.
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:27 am
CrossedPete wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:58 pm Here’s my finds for the day except the Fat Joe. That came in the mail. This is my second copy of Starman I couldn’t pass it up also to my surprise I found a copy of Hell’s Belles. It’s weird how the universe works sometimes image.jpg
Respect on the Fat Joe. Always loved his vibe.
It’s a solid album that’s for sure. If you’re into early 90’s NY hip hop I highly recommend this one.

ScoJo wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:35 pm That is NOT an original Stateside Hell's Belles.... is it??
Not exactly sure how to tell but from what I can gather no this is a reissue. If I had to guess and based off of Discogs I would guess it’s the 1999 release.
Beautiful stuff, sir!
All right, here we go....

While I have few still in the wind, this has been my last two weeks. It's a bit much overall, the better half was not always impressed to see a stack of 6 records leaning up against the door when she got home but she really doesn't care, she's just more concerned about me running out of shelf space after we just upgraded drastically recently.

First up is my VS haul, while not as big as others it's a start for me. Not everything is VS in this pic but they fit the bill. Lifeforce is the Japanese Polydor pressing which I've been after for a few years, it is missing the obi which I'd love to have but I still took the album at the price point as it's my preferred cover over the US/UK/EU covers. Altered States I picked up after discussing represses vs originals and I realized that I could buy it for $5 compared to the WW version I've been on the fence about for ages. Masters of the Universe was inspired by @tim's recent aquisition of the VS version. I wanted the 2LP complete score, while I'll probably still try to track down the VS version someday this is my preferred version musically.

Next up is my Japanese haul.
Haruomi Hosono - Nokto De La Galaksia Fervojo OST
Goro Ohmi - Guin Saga Seven Mage Image album
Goro Ohmi - Guin Saga War Battle Image album
Junko Miyagi - Synthesizer Fantasy Nausicaä
Osamu Shoji - Ultra Q Synthesizer Fantasy
Yellow Magic Orchestra - Solid State Survivor
Crystal Sun - Lost Cascades (not Japanese, it's a recent fake videogame soundtrack that mixes SNES era sounds with vaporwave stuff)

And lastly, the hip-hop haul. Half of these were pre-orders that just happened to arrive at the same time but figured I'd snap a pic as there are some good ones in here. (some of these I posted already)

Che Noir - Juno
Flee Lord x DJ Shay - Lucky 13
Your Old Droog - Dump YOD: Krutoy Edition
Benny the Butcher - Burden of Proof
Mach-Hommy - Bulletproof Luh
DJ Muggs the Black Goat - Dies Occidendum OST
Estee Nack x Superior - Baladas
Mooch x Giallo Point - Dopanese

Inks, this is glorious. Masters of the universe may have actually been my first score love, I distinctly remember waiting for the end of the movie because when the credits played I’d get to hear the music again. I was very young but that is a clear one for me. I should get one of these releases for sure.

Have you listed to the DJ Muggs yet? It’s legitimately in the running for best album of the year so far for me, I know it’s early but the genre mashup he’s playing with in this record is really just incredible. Sacred Bones is a dangerous label, their releases are just frighteningly on point.
Yeah that Muggs album is really good. I need to sit down and give it a focused listen, I had it on while making pizza dough yesterday. I'm a big fan of Muggs production in general, he's been shining a spot light on young and upcoming hip hop artists for the last 3 or 4 years and its been fantastic. Put me on to a handful of artists I had never even heard of. He recently released an album with Rome Streetz who is one of my favorite rappers right now and it's hands down the best hip-hop album of the year. I ordered the vinyl for it from Muggs site but it won't be here til April I think.
Tough mail day, in a way.
Got 5 records in 4 parcels. The 2 packaged together were very well-packed. All the others were packed terribly.
The Starman was supposed to be NM, but it’s more like VG.
And the 5th record was supposed to be Les Baxter’s Space Escapade, but instead was Cream’s Disraeli Gears.
On the plus side, Tamboo! and the Esquivel are in beautiful shape and the Wild Guitars, while looking a little beat, plays perfect.
7E28EE5D-0499-4CD8-B9D1-F580AC1FCDE3.jpeg
7E28EE5D-0499-4CD8-B9D1-F580AC1FCDE3.jpeg (691.48 KiB) Viewed 2127 times
Great hauls, m'dudes. Inks, I love that Lofeforce cover as well and Crystal Sun is fire. Havershaw, In the end it's all about the sound and you ahev some killer little treasures there. Enjoy!
I just made a pretty sweet deal about to go pick it up from a dude selling off a bunch of his stuff. Nothing too crazy as far as I know. Kinda a mix bag of stuff soundtracks Jazz exotica Christmas albums and some sweet Hawaiian music. I’ll post when I get back. Gotta say this guy is practically giving this stuff away. A lot of it I have no clue how it sounds but it was cheap enough I couldn’t say no.