Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

deafmetal wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:51 pm
Dude, a '70 Città Violenta with obi? *falls off chair*

Did you come up with any interesting ways to catalog or display all those brochures/flyers?
Yes, got it for a very good price Already had the later Japanese re-issue, but really wanted this one.

And my interesting way of displaying those brochures looks like this at the moment...

I will frame some flyers at one point. I am sure :-)
@bez epic haul! What is that 'jungle echose'45?

A smaller but still epic haul, for me at least.

@static & @scojo these came out great! Awesome packaging and all the extras scojo are a treat, I think enough reading material to at least last a full listen ;). But above all the music! I can't believe there hasn't been an official release for either of these. Big thanks guys.
Epic feels with this one, a biiig time want of mine. Tomb of the fireflies image album.
Super obscure little anime OST 'the snow princess' a surprisingly great little OST imo.
Cheers Matt, much appreciated. The HItcher is the most exciting LP I have in my 'new' pile right now, so grateful to have that bad boy.

Btw funnily enough I'm currently going through Angel's Egg (the movie) - courtesy of yourself) looking for any appropriate psychedelic visions that I can use this evening - I'm doing live visuals for Acid Mothers Temple ;-)
Last edited by ScoJo on Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Awesome stuff @scojo. A lot of anime I imagine would be worthy for something like that, Def angels egg, I just finished watching "adieu galaxy express 999" (lieji Matsumoto). Definitely has its share of cosmic visuals.
chiefbrody wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:05 pm Bit of a Burning Witches catch up spree, plus the DWO issue of one of my favourite albums of recent years.
I love that Graham Reznick album. So Good. Dry Blood I passed hard on but not because the music, it was fine but the movie irritated the hell out of me and the music is so ingrained into the film that it's hard for me to separate.

This beauty arrived from Tiger Lab Vinyl yesterday. They included the standard jacket as well as the Mondocon "Death Note" jacket. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but the packaging is stellar and the print is beautiful. My only complaint is that the subber variant color looks an awful lot like the Lucy subber variant. No clue why they chose pink & white for Death Note, black and white would have been more fitting.

Damn, that Splatterhouse 2 looks ridiculous. Was that put out by an existing boot label or a new one?

I assume you are a Waxwork subber? Otherwise that is the fastest shipping I've ever seen. Curious to hear what folks thoughts are on the album. It's an interesting film.
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:02 pm Thank you Italy! (although you forgot to send one record...)
Books, OSTs and non-OSTs.
Thanks @Million for pointing towards this Italian publisher over a year ago.

Hey @Bez - what is that middle book in your top image with the Barbara Steele (?) cover?

Also, really love Transversales as a label... putting out the really interesting stuff
inksb wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:55 pm
chiefbrody wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:05 pm Bit of a Burning Witches catch up spree, plus the DWO issue of one of my favourite albums of recent years.
I love that Graham Reznick album. So Good. Dry Blood I passed hard on but not because the music, it was fine but the movie irritated the hell out of me and the music is so ingrained into the film that it's hard for me to separate.
I've not listened to the Reznick album yet. I like to make sure I listen to the vinyl before the download. I'm a big fan of the Daniel Davies score, based on the first couple of listens. I like Dry Blood too with its minimal piano vibe, but I'll be avoiding the film if it has potential to turn me against the score!!
Spun out of control wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:27 pm
Hey @Bez - what is that middle book in your top image with the Barbara Steele (?) cover?

Also, really love Transversales as a label... putting out the really interesting stuff
Yes, Transversales is terrific. That Parmegiani Rock is fantastic!

for more info about those books look here: viewtopic.php?p=122445#p122445
Inks@ it's good but I wouldn't drop crazy money on it. There are numerous renditions of some of the pieces on the box set,which are arguably better but don't exist on vinyl, like those YouTube links I mentioned on twitter.
Beautiful box set and pamphlet though, with an English blurb albeit smaller than the numerous pages of japanese. Some great photos too.
An impressive delivery (or deliveries) @bez. There's a few on my 'list' in there. I can't remember too much about the Midsommar score, other than I liked it during the film, but right now I couldn't tell you a thing about it. I'll need to give it and The Lighthouse a listen.
chiefbrody wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:18 pm An impressive delivery (or deliveries) @bez. There's a few on my 'list' in there. I can't remember too much about the Midsommar score, other than I liked it during the film, but right now I couldn't tell you a thing about it. I'll need to give it and The Lighthouse a listen.
Both are excellent scores. But I think I preferred Midsommar. Still haven't seen either movie. I have the Midsommar directors cut, but no idea when I am going to take the time to watch it...
i thought Midsommar was only ok. did not blow my doors down. don’t get me wrong, it had some parts that made ya feel kinda weird and uncomfortable, but by the end i was just like, “meh.”. the score is great, though. the lighthouse score is also great.

one score that gives me chills is for the film Hagazussa. i put that on the turntable and turned it up loud and the hair was raising on my arms and my innards were rumbling from the low ends. it was awesome. the film is streaming on shudder, so check it out if you haven’t. same vein as the vvitch.