Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

static14 wrote:Since the old show off thread is acting up let's start a new one!

This came in yesterday's mail.
Hey Static, how would you rate this soundtrack in Goldsmith's body of work ? How would you rate this edition ? I'm on the fence about getting it
@nathan It's a unique one for Goldsmith. I'd be hard pressed to pick another score of his to compare it to. That being said I think it's an essential album to have if you dig his scores.

I have the original pressing and I still grabbed this for the extra music. It also sounds better then the old pressing spread over two albums.
@Nathan, I am going to chime in here and say I agree with @static. It is a very unique score from JG that any Goldsmith fan should have. I like Tangerine Dream's score but think Goldsmith's beats it. If you are on the fence about it, the score can be found on youtube, I highly recommend you check it out. Like @static, I have an original (2 actually) and still got this new release. Can't wait for my copy to arrive.

The new Dagoreds arrived today. The Paolo Ferrara - Ritmico album is excellent, funky drums & guitar and great percussion. The Alessandroni is also very good, but I really like Ritmico. The pressings sound really nice. Each came with a DVD of some kind of amateur video footage which I have yet to watch.

Rather than an actual jacket there is just a printed insert. They both came inside of a PVC sleeve which I will toss. Also, the center labels are quite small. Wish these had been in proper jackets and without the PVC.
The weird thing is that Dagored has done an overall really good job over the years with mastering and pressing and then they randomly use pvc sleeves on some stuff. Isn't it pretty widely know at this point that off gassing can F albums up?

Seems weird that they (among other labels) continue to use Pvc.
Christmas came early, big scores today! Maniac, Videodrome, The Burning, Elm St Band's Freddy's Hits, Gene Moss's Dracula's Greatest Hits, Emerald Forest and a couple others, all marked $5-10 each. Pretty glad I decided to take a lunch trip to the local shop.

There are a couple of clean copies of Emerald Forest on Discogs for $8-10 right now. I think it's a great score, and not one I see very often.
Believe it or not it was Half price books, price tags all said 11-2015 so I must have hit it at the right time. Never thought I'd find Maniac or Videodrome! Maybe one day they'll have Nightmare on Elm St or Hellraiser :)
@texas - Nice, I really miss those stores. I used to go every week back when I lived in the Twin Cities, but they don't have them here in Portland. We have Powell's Books though, so I'm not complaining. :D
After months of patient negotiation, I finally closed the deal on a very fair price for this beauty from an estate sale in Florida:
Quite an amazing piece of soundtrack history, and I get some incredible vibes listening to the OG vinyl. The Beat sleeve is a lovely piece of 1970's color design/artwork as well.

Sorgini è il maestro!
By J.R.
Bezulsqy wrote:From the last 30 days:
I just watched Cub aka Welp today, and as much as I loved the film, the frigging soundtrack was a gem... Even the mobile phone ringtone was a nice tribute to the period and artists it was emulating!
@ Maxvelvet: nice one! Especially that Cosa Avete Fatto A Solange? Really nice cover. I still haven't seen the film. It is loaded on my media player together with a lot more giallo, but can't find the right moment to press play.