Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

@ink I bought one on eBay and emailed the seller to see if he had any more - and boy, did he.

I happened to be in LA over the weekend and I met up with him and took them all off his hands, along with 30 records from the “Musi-Que” library, and another 40 from the UMS library.

Not sure if any of those are going to be great, but he wouldn’t break up the lot, so it was either all or nothing.

There aren’t a ton of the Hi-Q I was looking for (the D series), but there are a few, and there’s a lot of other cool stuff in here.
havershaw wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:22 pm @ink I bought one on eBay and emailed the seller to see if he had any more - and boy, did he.

I happened to be in LA over the weekend and I met up with him and took them all off his hands, along with 30 records from the “Musi-Que” library, and another 40 from the UMS library.

Not sure if any of those are going to be great, but he wouldn’t break up the lot, so it was either all or nothing.

There aren’t a ton of the Hi-Q I was looking for (the D series), but there are a few, and there’s a lot of other cool stuff in here.
Sir - I have NO DOUBTS about your commitment to Sparkle Motion!!
@havershaw, thats awesome! i've always been terrified of taking the library plunge. i've picked up a few here and there, but getting deep into that world makes my wallet shiver in fear and the floors of my apartment creak under the anticipated storage needs.
@hatter, I’m not gonna lie, the storage thing is a daunting issue. I have no idea what to do with all of this library stuff, specifically.
I’ve replaced my vinyl shelving like 4 times this year alone.

Think I’m going to have to purge soon.

Nearly completed a full run of this Toru Takemitsu OST series, currently working out a deal for the last few I'm missing.
As mentioned before the Teizo Matsumura lp is great, and I actually am still chasing one more to complete this series.
Lastly a great little 45 ep feat the op for: Panda Kopanda, New obake no q taro, go! Godman and Japanese superman.
Love the centre label for these Toho 45s
Holy hell, this is *amazing*.

Big thanks to all who pushed me to blind buy this during Mondo’s sale.
Also can’t believe that for $10 I got the randomly inserted colorway.
Attachments
31F82A14-FB67-49A1-B007-DE17BBDF81A7.jpeg
31F82A14-FB67-49A1-B007-DE17BBDF81A7.jpeg (226.13 KiB) Viewed 2839 times
Let's be honest though, black vinyl is uneventful. when you pull a black disc from an inner sleeve, you don't go ''oh wow I wasn't expecting this''. Dont get me wrong : when you pull a newly bought black shiny disc with no imperfection, it is sexy, beautiful. and with some cover artwork/design, it's the vinyl color that works/looks best. Quality wise, it's always the best bet. STILL. let's agree that it is, with all due respect,a little bit uneventful.

P.S. counter argument : when Death Waltz' The Fog came out, the black pressing being the limited version, it seemed to be the most desirable of the colourways that were offered.
P.S.#2 : I often buy a regular black pressing over a colored one
NathanLurker wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:21 pm Let's be honest though, black vinyl is uneventful. when you pull a black disc from an inner sleeve, you don't go ''oh wow I wasn't expecting this''. Dont get me wrong : when you pull a newly bought black shiny disc with no imperfection, it is sexy, beautiful. and with some cover artwork/design, it's the vinyl color that works/looks best. Quality wise, it's always the best bet. STILL. let's agree that it is, with all due respect,a little bit uneventful.

P.S. counter argument : when Death Waltz' The Fog came out, the black pressing being the limited version, it seemed to be the most desirable of the colourways that were offered.
P.S.#2 : I often buy a regular black pressing over a colored one
@Nate, Nate, NATE! WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKIN' ABOUT BRO!?!

havershaw wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:19 pm Well, as amazing as this colorway is (and quiet), it *is* a little warped, haha.
Warped from collecting dust in an Austin warehouse for over five years. I can't believe some of the Mondo/DW releases that just sit in their inventory. Nicolai's The Case of the Scorpion's Tail, quite possibly my favorite album of his, and they can't even unload them all during a sale. I get that this is a niche hobby, but damn...
deafmetal wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:25 pm
havershaw wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:19 pm Well, as amazing as this colorway is (and quiet), it *is* a little warped, haha.
Warped from collecting dust in an Austin warehouse for over five years. I can't believe some of the Mondo/DW releases that just sit in their inventory. Nicolai's The Case of the Scorpion's Tail, quite possibly my favorite album of his, and they can't even unload them all during a sale. I get that this is a niche hobby, but damn...
Yeah it's weird, yet Dagored sells through all of their Nicolai releases and you can't find them for cheap. It's strange.
inksb wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:29 pm
deafmetal wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:25 pm
Yeah it's weird, yet Dagored sells through all of their Nicolai releases and you can't find them for cheap. It's strange.
Its the niche of the niche i think. Italian score people are a few dives deep into this thing, and over at Mondo we know thats ALL Spencer.

So he'll get all of us, but a lot of the more out there deeper dives that us...cough cough....true score connoisseurs...cough cough...go nuts for, just don't appeal to their larger audience.

and honestly, good. if their other releases make enough that every now and then they can press some gem like the above mentioned, then we get it AND don't have to fight the crowds. (guys, remember the dolphins....where did those dolphins all go!?!?!?!)

And if years down the line someone randomly picks one up and it opens their ears to something new and wonderful and strange (sorry) then even better!

but also...more Nicolai. Please.
Yes whole reason Mondo deal made sense...working capital and creative freedom to make a one off 500 press double LP gatefold of a giallo that they sell like 200 of. Meanwhile they move like 100,000 copies of Jurassic Park so it's all good! Got some real gems like the 20 pound weaponized morricone lizard OST :)
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:37 am Yes whole reason Mondo deal made sense...working capital and creative freedom to make a one off 500 press double LP gatefold of a giallo that they sell like 200 of. Meanwhile they move like 100,000 copies of Jurassic Park so it's all good! Got some real gems like the 20 pound weaponized morricone lizard OST :)
that record...I always forget how much i like it until i put it on again. i've said this before, but that title track might be my favorite morricone composition.
Hatter313 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:15 am but also...more Nicolai. Please.
I always want more Nicolai
Hatter313 wrote:
texasvinyl wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:37 am Yes whole reason Mondo deal made sense...working capital and creative freedom to make a one off 500 press double LP gatefold of a giallo that they sell like 200 of. Meanwhile they move like 100,000 copies of Jurassic Park so it's all good! Got some real gems like the 20 pound weaponized morricone lizard OST :)
that record...I always forget how much i like it until i put it on again. i've said this before, but that title track might be my favorite morricone composition.
It's a toss up between Lizard and Il Grande Silenzio for my favorite Morricone.