Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

I just snagged this from Amazon for a $20. Pretty happy about that. I think I saw @tex say it's a terrible pressing but for that price I just grabbed it.

This also arrived today from the UK. Westside Gunn - Pray for Paris. It sold out 3000 copies in 12 minutes and he never represses his records as a way to "preserve his art" whatever. Go check out prices on ebay for this thing, it's dumb. Ranging from $200-$1600 depending on the variant.

@inks - what color is your Trip Around the World? I have the colored vinyl one, but I know they repressed it in black and I wonder if that one is less noisy (mine was really noisy - black vinyl wasn’t an option when I got mine).

That cover on Pray For Paris is great.
I *finally* got a nice NM (well, the disc, anyway) OG pressing of Rhythmes Contemporains!!
Interested to see how this De Wolfe reissue is, too.
C5C4FFDF-220F-4344-8E98-EF57BB8D9FB9.jpeg
C5C4FFDF-220F-4344-8E98-EF57BB8D9FB9.jpeg (402.25 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
havershaw wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:24 pm @inks - what color is your Trip Around the World? I have the colored vinyl one, but I know they repressed it in black and I wonder if that one is less noisy (mine was really noisy - black vinyl wasn’t an option when I got mine).

That cover on Pray For Paris is great.
It is black. I just got done listening to it and honestly didn't really notice any surface noise. There's a very small amount in the quiet moments if I put my ear right up to the speaker.
inksb wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:35 pm These arrived yesterday. I'll be spinning them through out the weekend.

Nice ones @Insk
Datadisc create some excellent records. I bought their first two releases I believe but sold them when I decided I am not going to step into the video game soundtrack world.
@inks your Trip Around the World is clean, yes?

I just finally listened to my green vinyl one and it’s still pretty damn crackly. Guess I need to track down a black one. I don’t think there’s even a discogs entry for the black one.
havershaw wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:20 pm @inks your Trip Around the World is clean, yes?

I just finally listened to my green vinyl one and it’s still pretty damn crackly. Guess I need to track down a black one. I don’t think there’s even a discogs entry for the black one.
On my standard listening setup (two large tower speakers) I didn't notice any surface noise or pops & cracks. That Westside Gunn record is atrocious though, the pressing is terrible. So many pops & cracks through 3/4 of the record, it's a shame. I plan on cleaning a huge stack of records hopefully this week. I picked up Polypores new album, Azure and the last two tracks have a click through them. I've had rotten luck lately.
I noticed this green Trip record had a lot of loud pops and crackles so I got it ultrasonically cleaned. But I hadn’t listened to it since the cleaning - and the cleaning seems to have not helped.

I grabbed one off Amazon. Doesn’t say if it’s green or black pressing though. Hopefully it’s not another green.
Went to my local store Saturday for the first time in months, he just opened back up with restricted hours and services and i wanted to give him some business.

Found this, sealed. delightful :)
IMG-2344.jpg
IMG-2344.jpg (2.79 MiB) Viewed 3735 times
The last few days’ arrivals.
I had to pick up some kids DVDs my wife had ordered from a local chain record store and I found both I Marc 4 and the Puccio Roelens in their “soundtracks clearance” section for $12 each!
CE85272C-2CF3-45EE-9D12-9D53E86FC842.jpeg
CE85272C-2CF3-45EE-9D12-9D53E86FC842.jpeg (543.7 KiB) Viewed 3716 times