Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
YOLD is great, i actually didn't realize that it was VS until i was just pulling stuff for this pic haha.

Interestingly enough, my Secret of Nimh was surprisingly TER and not VS which I didn't realize. I actually have a few TER records that i thought may have been VS but are not. My Evil Dead 2 is TER but that was a deliberate choice because the UK key art is my favorite piece of horror movie art, period. end of statement.

Also my Blue Velvet is Colosseum, not VS as i had thought, and my EFNY is Celine, also from germany because i liked the cover and it was the same master as the VS while also being considerably cheaper. Pretty sure the TER and Blue velvet as well are the same masters as the VS, all sound great.

Because of all of this i just also added Witness to the pile, and i had a few other things coming so we'll see what the postman brings me over the next few weeks.
By vinyljunkie
Joining the fun here! Since this pic was taken I’ve added Andy Warhol’s Dracula and Silver Bullet to the list! Currently on the hunt for a Dunwich Horror if anyone has any leads!!!
Attachments
BBF9C66E-374E-4C83-A787-367870F24E19.jpeg
BBF9C66E-374E-4C83-A787-367870F24E19.jpeg (241.91 KiB) Viewed 3361 times
By Hatter313
vinyljunkie wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:21 am Joining the fun here! Since this pic was taken I’ve added Andy Warhol’s Dracula and Silver Bullet to the list! Currently on the hunt for a Dunwich Horror if anyone has any leads!!!
Whooooooeeeeeeee thats glorious!

Ugh, i had my hands on a warhols dracula once and decided i was ok with the reissue I already had. dumb move on my part.

I honestly didn't even realize Silver Bullet had a release, nevermind VS. well, thats on the want list now.
By tim28212
I took this back in 2016 one day I'll update it with all I've gotten since then
Attachments
15785003_1576491742365487_1422632788_o.jpg
15785003_1576491742365487_1422632788_o.jpg (307.25 KiB) Viewed 3356 times
By havershaw
Wowwwzerssss guys. Just wow.

Here are my OG VS:
583A9D40-9011-44A5-909F-2DA64D054394.jpeg
583A9D40-9011-44A5-909F-2DA64D054394.jpeg (579.99 KiB) Viewed 3354 times
6F9D51D1-67FB-4B18-9D29-B9A0218012A0.jpeg
6F9D51D1-67FB-4B18-9D29-B9A0218012A0.jpeg (603.19 KiB) Viewed 3354 times
F538EB64-BE7F-4F32-910F-04E854E0B7A2.jpeg
F538EB64-BE7F-4F32-910F-04E854E0B7A2.jpeg (509.75 KiB) Viewed 3354 times
By vinyljunkie
tim28212 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:31 am I took this back in 2016 one day I'll update it with all I've gotten since then
Just wow! A thing of beauty... the biggest collection I've heard of is some guy named Christos Manson (I think he's in Greece) who has over 150 VS LPs -- he's posted videos of his entire collection on Facebook, in one of the soundtrack groups -- I'm up to close to 50 I believe but some of them are more modern releases...
By Hatter313
i am in awe of some of these..

Haver, is that Savini's signature on Dawn i see?
By Hatter313
And Tim...no words. no. words.

I used to fool myself into thinking that with the reissue labels popping up over the last 8 years that i wouldn't want these anymore because it would be easier to get the new ones. Unfortunately this place exists and thats been sort of flipped for me over the last few.
By havershaw
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:48 am i am in awe of some of these..

Haver, is that Savini's signature on Dawn i see?
It is, along with 2 members of Goblin!

It’s my childhood copy. I also had a copy of Creepshow, also signed by Romero and Savini, which is no longer with me (it’s a long sad story I’ve told before). I also had NOTLD signed by Romero.

@tim’s collection is truly blowing my mind.

Records I had as a kid that I still wish I had:
Martin, NOES, ED2, Re-Animator, Cat’s Eye, Phantasm, Prison, Pet Sematary, Swamp Thing.

Back in the day, as a teen, I basically bought any horror score that came out on VS, so I had tons of them. Boy do I wish I still had them. The only ones I still have from childhood are the two Halloweens, Prince of Darkness, and Dawn of the Dead.
By Hatter313
I’m about a generation behind some of you guys, elder millennial chiming in, so by the time I really got into this these were already hard to come by. I started with CDs the same way, every horror score I could find I bought (and I thought I was completely alone in this obsession, it didn’t occur to me yet that there were others out there and that obviously if it was just me they wouldn’t make these things). I can only imagine grabbing some of these in stores fresh and minty.
By havershaw
Not gonna lie: it was awesome. Where I grew up, there was the best record store for soundtracks. They had absolutely everything (it was one of their specialties).

A lot of what I have here is stuff I had as a kid, that I had to re-purchase in the last few years as I got more and more into records again.
Evil Dead was a painful one.
By Hatter313
Evil Dead is crazy expensive. One day I’m going to treat myself.

My local store caught wind of my tastes over time and suddenly there were horror scores and goth records galore.

I distinctly recall seeing a post on Instagram years ago of a bunch of OG horror scores he had just gotten in, I told my friend that we were going right then and there and when I walked in the door the kid behind the counter calls into the back “yeah, that worked”

I can’t even remember what it was I picked up that day, I’m sure it was some of the VS I shared, but man was it a good day haha
By havershaw
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:37 am I distinctly recall seeing a post on Instagram years ago of a bunch of OG horror scores he had just gotten in, I told my friend that we were going right then and there and when I walked in the door the kid behind the counter calls into the back “yeah, that worked”
I love this story.
By havershaw
My Evil Dead was expensive but maybe half of what they normally go for, so while it was painful, i also knew I was getting a deal and couldn’t pass it up.
By Hatter313
Update, I just found a misshelved serpent and the rainbow, I knew I had it but was starting to doubt, it was just in the wrong place haha.

I have the mad Max resaaue set and the recent LA confidential as well, but I left those off the OG pic.
By Hatter313
havershaw wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:44 am
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:37 am I distinctly recall seeing a post on Instagram years ago of a bunch of OG horror scores he had just gotten in, I told my friend that we were going right then and there and when I walked in the door the kid behind the counter calls into the back “yeah, that worked”
I love this story.
Yeah, supposedly there’s another horror score nerd in the area and it was a toss up to who was going to get there first. Someone liquidated a decent collection of waxwork there too a while back too and other than my one friend who turned me on to the boutique we couldn’t figure out who it may be. It’s NY suburbs so it’s not exactly a small population base but I’d love to know who the like minded weirdo out there is haha.

Most recently someone dumped a pile of tangerine dream, including some recent reissues like the Tyger reissue from record store day so it was an interesting drop. I had most of it but if I hadn’t...man would that have been a good day.
By Mateo Sanboval
Tim, just casually dropping a VS collection pic that eclipses my computer screen and then adding nonchalantly, "Oh, that was like five years ago and it needs some serious updating." Power moves only.
By Hatter313
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:54 am Tim, just casually dropping a collection that eclipses my computer screen and then adding nonchalantly, "Oh, that was like five years ago and it needs some updating." Like a bauce.
It was the glibness that really sold it.

Do you guys remember several years ago someone scored a pile of gold at an a state sale? I don’t think it was one of us, it was someone one of us knew but wasn’t on the board and there was like original Italian stuff, popul vuh, probably a bunch of VS. (I remember I think the Egg Nosferafu was in the pile). They shared the pics from their friends and it was this unbelievable score collection. I want to say this was in 2013/2014...my memory of the room I was in at the time suggest one home ago and for some reason I’m associating it with those long days waiting for the original waxwork F13 drop.
By ScoJo
Lovely sharing/enabling going on here. Gives me the warm n fuzzys.
Similarly to Tim, I only have an outdated pic of my VS stash, that I tweeted to the label back in 2017. I'd conservatively guess that I have added about 40-50 more to the shelves since then, including grails and lots of stuff I upgraded from diff label versions I had. And I still have at least 20+ in my discogs cart that I deem as 'essential' gets once they pop up at the right price/Im feeling like blowing a chunk of change to satisfy the itch. The odyssey is real.

IMG_0880.JPG
IMG_0880.JPG (1.42 MiB) Viewed 3329 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Corpus christi. If Static takes a picture, this thread will be officially of the rails.

@Hatter - I share that memory and I think you are correct that it was an STBC adjacent score. Also, your tale of being thirst trapped by your local record store is a thing of beauty. I read it to Mrs Sanboval this evening and we shared in your good natured chuckle. Well told you.
By Hatter313
^is that our first varese Christine in the mix? Lovely.

Ugh that blood simple/raising Arizona split is really something I should prioritize.
By Hatter313
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:09 am Corpus christi. If Static takes a picture, this thread will be officially of the rails.

@Hatter - I share that memory and I think you are correct that it was an STBC adjacent score. Also, your tale of being thirst trapped by your local record store is a thing of beauty. I read it to Mrs Sanboval this evening and we shared in your good natured chuckle. Well told you.
Yeah man, he had my number all right haha. To this day he will just throw stuff on my pile and say “you are buying this also, trust me” it’s how I got into Kid Congo Powers latest stuff.
By deafmetal
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:09 am @Hatter - I share that memory and I think you are correct that it was an STBC adjacent score. Also, your tale of being thirst trapped by your local record store is a thing of beauty. I read it to Mrs Sanboval this evening and we shared in your good natured chuckle. Well told you.
I remember this as well, especially hearing about the copies of Manhattan Baby and L'Aldila for something like $1 each, right?

Really enjoying the Varèse-a-thon going on here.
By CrossedPete
I’m loving all these pics and stories. That’s a great story Hatter I can imagine my local store trolling me like that trying to get me in the store. I agree with you on that evil dead 2 pic is probably my favourite piece as well. Just like Scojo Seeing all these pics make me want to scratch that itch.
By Bezulsqy
what the fuck happened here last night?

After seeing this I am not calling myself a soundtrack collector anymore. You guys clearly know what you are doing.